Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

YAY!!! No more coolant leak!

Go down 
+5
007jimmy
79_bronco
1993GMCSierra
FaselZ71
merlin5577
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyOctober 24th 2010, 6:36 pm

Both.... Crying or Very sad

The heater hose that runs to the back for the rear heater has a crack in it and the back of my manifold is leaking! I cant win. Crying or Very sad I pinched off and hose clamped the rear hose to stop it for now, but it means no rear heat. Going to have to send it to the shop in the next week or two as I dont have anywhere, or any time, to work on it.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 3rd 2010, 2:59 pm

Suburban is going under the knife tomorrow, hopefully this will be the last of its coolant leak troubles.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 4th 2010, 1:28 am

good luck
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 4th 2010, 7:57 pm

Made it through far easier then I thought. Turns out it wasnt the intake, it was the fitting for the return line to the rear heater that screws into the back of the block. I had that replaced, plus all the heater core lines and the front brakes done. $300 lighter, but if it stops my troubles, it was well spent.

Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 4th 2010, 8:09 pm

its a pita to replace that fitting yourself so it is money well spent. least it wasnt the rear freeze plugs. lol. that was a horrible job to do on my blazer
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 4th 2010, 8:13 pm

I thought at first it was a freeze plug and was dreading that too! Laughing Thankfully it wasnt though.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 4th 2010, 8:15 pm

yeah i was lucky and had the plug set already but i did have to pay for the u joints and trans mount.. figured i better do it while i had it apart then have it fail down the road.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 7th 2010, 4:08 pm

Anger ****ing fitting is leaking again! Went out this morning and had a new puddle under the truck. Pop the hood.... Anger

Back to the shop we go...
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 10th 2010, 12:17 pm

Truck is back from the shop, hopefully this will be the last of the Suburban's coolant leak saga!
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 10th 2010, 5:10 pm

Worse coolant leak I ever had was when I forgot to rehook the heater hoses after working on my F250 LOL. Man that thing pumps ALOT of coolant, and FAST too.

Best of luck to ya Robert
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 10th 2010, 10:11 pm

I hear you John. Thats exactly what I was going through. Stupid heater hoses....
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 11th 2010, 10:06 am

My fingers are cross for ya Robert. I hope they found it.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 11th 2010, 10:42 pm

Thanks Glenn. Apparently the fitting was 'bad'. They changed it out and so far so good... but I am going to keep a close eye on the coolant level.
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 13th 2010, 12:10 pm

i'll trade ya for a coolant leak anyday bud, cheaper than Head Gaskets Mad
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 13th 2010, 2:08 pm

My Suburban for your Silverado? DONE! I'll even deliver the Suburban! Laughing
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 14th 2010, 6:17 pm

Went out to grab a flashlight out of the truck today.... and no kidding, the Suburban is leaking coolant..... AGAIN!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Up at 9am tomorrow and will be speaking to the shop.... again!
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 14th 2010, 8:04 pm

darn Do we have to do everything ourselves in order to get it done rite? Good luck tomorrow
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 14th 2010, 8:48 pm

Thats the truth Glenn. I took it to the shop because I didnt have the time to deal with it myself. NOW, I'm wasting more time because of the truck being in the shop. WTF!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 12:07 am

Keep wishing there princess lol, if you would have said that before it was fixed i may have... maybe just a little bit would have considered that... not a chance now Razz
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 11:08 pm

You're right. A truck that is slightly leaking coolant, for one with busted head gaskets, bent tie rods, and bald tires... what was I thinking? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 11:11 pm

tie-rods are not bent!!!!! lol! jagoff! and the gaskets are perfectly fine... now, tires are coming shortly, YOU LOSE AGAIN!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 16th 2010, 7:48 pm

Until you break the next thing.... Now go leak transmission fluid in some other thread, will you Aaron? lol!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 16th 2010, 7:50 pm

In2Trux wrote:
darn Do we have to do everything ourselves in order to get it done rite? Good luck tomorrow

Had a little delay in timing so the truck is going in tomorrow morning. This better be the last time. I'll keep everyone posted.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 18th 2010, 11:58 am

Got the truck back this morning. Apparently the thermostat gasket was leaking and the coolant was running down to the back of the engine and dripping from there. Seems logical right? Except that I replaced the thermostat gasket when I did the thermostat last summer! I get the feeling I am being toyed with... BUT, as long as the dang thing stops leaking, I will be happy.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 18th 2010, 3:37 pm

Sounds like your problem is solved. Lets hope so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YAY!!! No more coolant leak!   YAY!!! No more coolant leak! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

YAY!!! No more coolant leak!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next