Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics

Go down 
+3
76silverado
FaselZ71
007jimmy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
007jimmy
007jimmy

97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics Empty
PostSubject: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptySeptember 3rd 2009, 3:34 pm

Well the motor is finally out of the car. It took about 2 weeks working on it a couple hours everyday before work but I figured i would share some of the pictures. Me and my buddies had a little fun so...

All the parts we had to strip off the old block
97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics IMG00318

Found out it was easier to pull the motor with the tranny still in the car on an auto
97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics IMG00322

motor stripped.
97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics IMG00316

Will this work for a turbo. LOL
97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics IMG00311

Just random goofyness now.
97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics IMG00312
97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics IMG00313
97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics IMG00314
97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics IMG00315

We pick up the new motor on Saterday and it should be installed by the following week.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptySeptember 3rd 2009, 3:35 pm

97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics IMG00319
97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics IMG00320
97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics IMG00321
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptySeptember 3rd 2009, 3:56 pm

LMAO you guys let me tell you what!! Looks like you guys had fun... That block looks just like the old ladies block exept that one's better even when it's not running it's still better the that peice of crap 4g37 she's got!!
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptySeptember 3rd 2009, 9:32 pm

Man, thats a little engine bay.
Back to top Go down
SouthernDawg09
SouthernDawg09

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptySeptember 3rd 2009, 10:18 pm

76silverado wrote:
Man, thats a little engine bay.

I second that
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptySeptember 4th 2009, 2:59 am

yeah for a peppy little engine... with the motor upgrade, front mount intercooler, exhuast, big turbo, and a few other mods he will be looking at a little over 500hp at the crank.. for a car that only weights 3300 pounds its a lot of motor...

the motor that came out of it only weight about 350 pounds wit all the external parts off it.. i lifted it up off the ground by myself...
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptySeptember 4th 2009, 11:15 pm

Better beef the tranny.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptySeptember 5th 2009, 12:14 am

already beefed a few months back when it blew... lol
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptySeptember 6th 2009, 1:37 pm

darn that would be nice to have 500hp under the hood of a car!! Hopefully I'll be close to that when I build my motor!!
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptySeptember 6th 2009, 7:41 pm

Such a small car, it outta fly!
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptySeptember 6th 2009, 8:57 pm

it got dropped in today and most of the wiring done... once the exhuast studs come in we can bolt up to turdbo and turn the key...
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptyFebruary 14th 2010, 4:18 am

well all the parts finally came.. they were suppsed to here monday but with the snow storms and whatnot they got delayed.. now we have a 50 trim turbo, big front mount intercooler, crazy loud hks blow off valve, stainless intake manifold, all the piping needed for the intercooler, another valve cover that i painted and a nice billet cover for the spark plug area.. i thought i posted pics up last night but i dunno what i did.. it was like 4am and i was half asleep..

97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics Eclispeintercooler

ill be taking more pics when we start the install... there is alot of custom fitting that has to be done and we basically have to dismantal the whole front of his car..
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptyFebruary 14th 2010, 5:06 pm

I think I know the answer to this but just in case, is that a air to air intercooler? Or air to water? Also, what kind of boost pressure are you planning to make?
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptyFebruary 15th 2010, 3:31 am

yeah its air to air.. the fins measure out to about 3ft wide and its a 4 inch deep intercooler.. the inlet and outlets are 3.5 inches.. it should be a fun time mounting it.. i know we have to relocate his tranny cooler to were the stock side mount intercooler would be, cut the hell out of the bumper in the back, ditch the internal bumper and foam, and drill some 4 inch holes in his rad support.. the turbo we have will run up to 35 psi before it starts to loose its efficiancy.. the motor was built to hold up to 40 psi of boost but we are only gonna be doing up to 25 psi because its his daily driver and he only wants 400 hp to the wheels so if we can get that number with less boost then it will get turned down.. i am doing all the tuning on my laptop and the meineke i work at has a old school emissions dyno that he turned into a hp dyno.. 50 bucks to use it all day but only on sundays when we are closed or days that we arent to busy.. right now he is at 247 hp to the wheels but thats running pig rich and with a t25 turbo that is on its way out the door.. im waiting for it to blow apart cause of all the shaft play.. lol.. the sooner we get this turbo setup on the better.. just wish i had enough time in the day..
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptyApril 29th 2010, 3:21 am

well i havent updated this in awhile and i have plenty of pics of the progress.. first we took got rid of the stock little t25 turbo and poor efficent side mount intercooler and put a precesion perfomance 5021re dual ballbearing turbo and huge front mount intercooler on it..
97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics 2-3

in this pic you can see how big the turbo inlet is.. measures to 3.5 diameter... the exhuast manifold was changed to an ported evo 4g63 manifold and the turbo hot side was ported to match the gasket as well..
97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics 3-3

i made a new exhuast using 2.5 inch pipe to replace the restictive 2 inch junk that was on there.. no its running no cat, resinator and a borla muffler with my own tip setup fabbed up. we were gonna go with 3 inch but the 2.5 flows plenty and isnt obnoxious loud.. i dont have a new pic of the new setup but it looks almost stock.. the stock tip was 2 pipes that were kind of circle... the new tips are square with rounded corners.. ill take a pic tomorrow of it.
97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics Photo13

now that i typed that all out photobucket wants to perform site maintance so ill put pics up when it works again.. we ran the intercooler piping, put on a different blow off valve on, cleaned up alot of stuff under the hood, painted the valve cover hemi green to match the intake, got a chrome strut tower bar with that the same color green mounts, did a wire tuck and vacuum delete, took out the egr and canister system, put a huge short tube intake on it that is painted that green.. lol.. can you tell this car is getting some major love yet... right now we are in the tuning stages but it has been put to a hault cause the front o2 sensor went bad and that is a major part of the info we need for the program im using to make adjustments to the computer.. here are some screen shots of what i am workin with..

i use this first graph to see where to o2,air/fuel, knock, intake temp, etc are at and i make all my adjustments on from the settings in the second pic.
97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics Aaaaa10

97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics Aaaaa210

it is pretty easy to use once you get use to it.. right now we are in the ballpark of were it needs to be but thats only a tune for 18 pounds of boost.. in order to run more boost we still have a few mods to do.. it still needs a GM mass air flow sensor because the stock one metters air going in before the turbo and with the blow off valve venting into the atmosphere it throws the air/fuel readings off. we put 650 fuel injectors in it but still need to put on an adjustable fuel pressure regulator cause the stock one is set at 47psi and we need it to be more.. we already have a walbro 255 fuel pump in it so thats good to 60 psi but we need to put bigger fuel lines on it. he is buying an external wastegate and different o2 housing for the turbo. even ported the one now is restrictive. right now we are just showing the outside a little love cause parts arent cheap and they need to be gathered.

edit.. photobucket is workin again.. here are some outside shots and a shot of the new/old turbo together. the front bumper is just a rattle can dupont jobber.. it is temporary while i am making a custom bumper using a dodge talon front bumper and a 3rd gen bumper.. it should look pretty cool when im done.. you can also see that i polished the hell out of the old headlights.. the were just about yellow before i polished them up.. 3m makes a great kit for that..
97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics 4-4
97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics 3-5

turbo comparison..
97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics 4-3
in this pic you see the front bumper support, bumper, stock side mount(yeah is that little silver thing with the tunnel type thing attacked to the top) and the stock intercooler pipes.. everything in this pic is obsolite except the bumper.. lol
97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics 5-2
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptyApril 29th 2010, 3:54 pm

Hell yeah man that thing is looking badass!!!! Nice work!
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptyApril 29th 2010, 7:09 pm

yeah first time i've seen this post. lookin good! keep it up rice burner! lol just kidding i got 2.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptyApril 29th 2010, 10:44 pm

it isnt a rice burner.. its accually a chysler hidding behind that mitsu badge.. lol.. there is gonna be a little more work to come then anticipated. i had it down at the shop to fix a boost leak coming from the throttle body gasket and i was just lookin around under the engine bay.. what do i find.. one of the cam gears skipped a tooth on th belt and the belt had a little more slack then desired.. apperently when the valve cover was leakin oil out the one side soaked into the timing belt and destroyed it.. gonna be a pain in the butt job but by sunday we should be back to tuning.. lol. it would explain why the car has had such a loppy idle the past few days.. i just assumed it was from the TB leak but im glad i looked around.. another jumper tooth and it could have lead to alot of bent exhuast valves and probley destroyed the turbo if any metal shavings got into it.. when we changed some things on the ecu so now the stock boost guage monitors the knock sensor.. depending on the amount of detenation knock the guage will rise.. so far it hasnt moved and it saves every drive that the car makes.. so its still safe but the car is parked right now..
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptyMay 1st 2010, 2:57 pm

yeah i was just givin ya crap. i got 2 nissans that are really datsuns. lol. yeah that belt coulda made a bad day in the neighborhood in like 4 seconds. good luck with everything.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptyMay 1st 2010, 3:14 pm

007jimmy wrote:
it isnt a rice burner.. its accually a chysler hidding behind that mitsu badge.. lol..

you can't full me! lmao i swear, that car spends more time in your shop with you under the hood than it does on the street with the owner driving it hahah
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptyMay 2nd 2010, 3:42 pm

do you wanna go there chris.. lol.. your TRUCKS with an S.. spend more time on jackstands in your back yard then they do in the shop.. lmao.. beat that
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptyMay 2nd 2010, 4:19 pm

no lol they're seldomly on jackstands.. they just sit there, crying 'touch me' lmao
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptyMay 2nd 2010, 4:27 pm

same here. haha. cept one truck n 2 cars. then my dads 2 trucks and one car.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptyMay 2nd 2010, 4:34 pm

i get to (literally) cut my S10 up next week Very Happy
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics EmptyMay 2nd 2010, 4:56 pm

sounds like ya gonna have fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics   97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics Empty

Back to top Go down

97 eclipse gst rebuild. Dial up beware. Lots of pics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next