Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

i fail..

Go down 
+3
76silverado
merlin5577
007jimmy
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
007jimmy
007jimmy

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 3rd 2009, 2:54 pm

yeah i think i have all the bases covered for now...i gotta take pics of the donor truck i got for 300 bucks.. i glanced at it a few weeks ago and gave the guy the money... i picked it up yesterday and cleaned it up.. i still have to rip off the front end to make sure the motor is ok... it doesnt look like it was pushed back or anything but the radiator is up against the pulleys so it wont turn over... not a big deal.. happened to my truck the first time and mine was fine.. i just wish the frame wasnt totalled cause it would be a nice truck to fix up and sell for a quick buck... oh well.. i have most of the truck parted out as of right now anyways so its golden... lol
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 3rd 2009, 3:12 pm

Hell yeah man can't beat 300 for a donor truck! I was kinda pissed when I found my donor truck for 800 but the fact that it had 800 worth of drive train under it I wasn't to bummed out after that... How ever man I'm glad to hear everything is coming together on the truck! It seems you may have your SAS done before mine! I found a short shaft and a 208 adapter plate for my 400 turbo trans I'm just trying to find some articles or exploded views before I tear into it but I can't seem to find any so if you know of any articles or exploded views or better yet if you know how to do it let me know...
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 3rd 2009, 3:43 pm

i fail.. - Page 2 TH400_1
i fail.. - Page 2 NP208_exploded
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 3rd 2009, 3:51 pm

Awesome man!!!! So judging by this photo I shouldn't have to take apart the valve body to get the tailshaft out should I? Because I wan't to replace this tailshaft without having to replace a ton of seals and gaskets and other misc. buls**t
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 3rd 2009, 3:59 pm

i think you have to take apart the tranny to replace the tailshaft... i could be way wrong though... only suggestion i have it to take the tailshaft housing off and see what you can do...
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 3rd 2009, 4:05 pm

Already took the tailshaft housing apart and there is an interanl C clip holding the tailshaft in... I was just hoping I could take the pump out and pull out the planetaries and all the other stuff to get to the C clip to take out the tailshaft. I just don't want to have to drop the valve body and tear all that crap apart and have to replace the shift plate gaskets and whatnot I just wanna pull the pump clucthes and band out and swap the shaft and put it back together so I can say fudge waiting for my 700R4 and toss this 400 in my truck and finally do my SAS and drive my mother plucking truck!!!
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 3rd 2009, 4:10 pm

yeah you can do that i believe... as long as you flush the tranny out really good it shouldnt be a problem... all the valve body does is direct fluid to where its got to go in the tranny...
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 3rd 2009, 4:29 pm

Sweet that would be awesome... I need to find someone who knows how to work on transmissions and won't try to charge me to work on it... I want to learn how to do it so if I could find someone to just sit back and drnk beer and tell me what to do next that would be great but everyone I know says ahh... I'll do for ya for 200 bucks and you gotta buy this and that... fudge That!!!!
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 7th 2009, 4:47 pm

FaselZ71 wrote:
darn 2 grand for bike what kind of bike you got man... I assume it's a BMX bike correct? But even my brothers Miarra Co. only ran him 600? Anyhow yeah I hope your bad luck stream is over!

thats because mirra's are junk, joe has a niiiice standard STA500 which is a VERY VERY top of the line bike.. i just need to plot when i'm going to sneak up there and take it LOL
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 7th 2009, 4:52 pm

Ahh rite on yeah standards are great bikes!! And no Felt's are junk my brothers mirra kicks the crap outta my felt!!
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 7th 2009, 5:59 pm

what the hell is a felt? lmao
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 9:05 am

last kid who tried to steal my bike got beat up by my buddies 15 year old son and then called me and told me where to pick the pick up at... then i blew my tranny when i got back into my truck to leave...
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 9:47 am

darn that sucks... But atleast you got your bike back!

Scotty Cramner rode a felt bikes from 03 til 08!

i fail.. - Page 2 FeltHeretic20BlackGold
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 1:35 pm

never heard of him.. i've been out of the loop for a while.. van homan is still the man though! fit bike co. FTW!!!
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 1:40 pm

not me.. i haven't crashed, bailed or ran into anything in years.. but i mostly stick to trails.. i don't like street or skateparks too much
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 3:14 pm

Yeah Fit Bikes are great! I'm into more street and park... I love ripping bad butt lines through down town! Although there's like nothing to really challenge as far as street goes up here in Traverse City... The park here is average but it's small you get 20 people in there and your running over little kids and crap it's kinda stupid! I'd love to go to Chicago or somewhere where they have really tough street lines and huge parks!
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 7:58 pm

FaselZ71 wrote:
Yeah Fit Bikes are great! I'm into more street and park... I love ripping bad butt lines through down town! Although there's like nothing to really challenge as far as street goes up here in Traverse City... The park here is average but it's small you get 20 people in there and your running over little kids and crap it's kinda stupid! I'd love to go to Chicago or somewhere where they have really tough street lines and huge parks!

man, you'd probably like the indoor park at the franklin mills mall in PA.. i went there once (on a school trip, believe it or not) and i actually enjoyed it.. 2 nice spines in the middle of pretty decent sized mini ramps.. we got a pretty nice transfer going off it.. we kept riding that thing for about an hour and a 1/2 lmao
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 8:50 pm

i use to ride that park all the time... its 15 mins from my house... lol.. woodward is better though... been there a few times.. it aint cheap though... 1000 a week..
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 9:23 pm

it wasn't a grand a week when i went.. i paid 8 something for 2 weeks.. they used to have some of the nastiest trails.. man i miss woodward Sad
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 9th 2009, 9:34 am

Never been to a woodward park! And I'd love to ride an indoor park... But yeah this is a pic of our park! It's small but it gets the job done!!

i fail.. - Page 2 Traver10
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 9th 2009, 9:47 am

Man that must suck! It took so much work to get this one put here because there was alot of people against because of the safety issues and the certain crowd that it attraches... And they city doesn't even want it here probably because now they can't hand out tickets for skating in downtown... And at first bikes wheren't even allowed in but they got sick of us bikers breaking in and riding anyway so now they let everything in and it's alittle better but the skaters are like we where here first and it's just punk butt kids talking sh*t!
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 9th 2009, 1:06 pm

^^ sounds like FDR in philly.. the punk bitch skaters always have to start something..

and camp woodward is amazing.. they've got something for everyone.. check it out, it's insane.. www.campwoodward.com
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 9th 2009, 3:38 pm

Mn that would be awesome! If I got the chance to go I'd go to the one in wisconsin! I'd just have to drive 1.5 hrs. south take the car ferry across lake michigan and drive the rest of the way I could be there inside of 10 hrs. vs. the 10hr drive to pa not to mention the 4 hrs. across lake michigan on the ferry is all down time no gas wasted... Just the $99 ticket for the ferry.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 9th 2009, 3:56 pm

the 1 in pa is roughly 3 hours from my front door.. i went 3 summers in a row, 2 weeks each time. i absolutely LOVED it. unfortunately, i haven't been up there since i got my license.. sounds like it's time to heard up the gang and go on a road trip hahahah
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 EmptySeptember 9th 2009, 3:56 pm

get some land and build your own... lol.. when i get rich i plan on doing it... i already have 3 acrres in florida but its in the woods.. only dirt roads.. i love the kids at fdr... i showed up there one day with 2 of my friends on bikes and they tried starting crap... one kid threw his board at me so i threw my bike at him... he caught the sprocket in his head... needless to say i dont get messed with anymore... they see me and bounce... i havent been there in a couple weeks though... ever since they started to build on it more..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

i fail.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i fail..   i fail.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

i fail..
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next