Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Mahindra Looking Again To Assemble Trucks In The U.S.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Mahindra Looking Again To Assemble Trucks In The U.S. Empty
PostSubject: Mahindra Looking Again To Assemble Trucks In The U.S.   Mahindra Looking Again To Assemble Trucks In The U.S. EmptyAugust 28th 2009, 11:31 am

Quote :
According to reports, Pravin Shah, Mahindra & Mahindra's executive vice president of international operations, told journalists in India today that the company is considering purchasing an assembly plant in the U.S. to build its Scorpio platform pickup trucks and SUVs that will be sold here starting next February. Shah said that such a move would make sense because Mahindra hopes to make the U.S. its largest export market.

We can think of another reason: The so-called "chicken tax" 25% federal import tariff levied on foreign-built pickups. It was Mahindra's original plan to assemble pickups from knockdown kits in Ohio to avoid the tax but that idea was scrapped in favor of Indian-built units to expedite the arrival of the trucks in the U.S.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra Looking Again To Assemble Trucks In The U.S.   Mahindra Looking Again To Assemble Trucks In The U.S. EmptyOctober 19th 2009, 8:45 pm

I remember a while back, I was reading the Farm Show and their was an article in there about this. I believe it said that you could get a brand new half ton pickup from them for $9,000?
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra Looking Again To Assemble Trucks In The U.S.   Mahindra Looking Again To Assemble Trucks In The U.S. EmptyOctober 19th 2009, 9:28 pm

Thats the one thing I cant find, pricing. No one has any solid information to support any price.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra Looking Again To Assemble Trucks In The U.S.   Mahindra Looking Again To Assemble Trucks In The U.S. EmptyOctober 20th 2009, 11:35 pm

Yeah there aren't any prices yet because these bastards are still trying to find a way around import taxes before they can say how much this truck is gonna cost! I'm against this truck because 1 it's ugly as fudge! 2 why do we need another 1/2 ton pickup truck! Especailly one from India!! It's bad enough we have chinese and japanese trucks now we're getting indian trucks!! What's next redesigned yugo's from baghdad!!!

Forgive me for my harsh words but I think this whole idea of this Mahindra truck is stupid!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra Looking Again To Assemble Trucks In The U.S.   Mahindra Looking Again To Assemble Trucks In The U.S. Empty

Back to top Go down

Mahindra Looking Again To Assemble Trucks In The U.S.
Page 1 of 1