Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way Empty
PostSubject: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 12:00 pm

It’s been a long wait for Mahindra to bring its compact diesel pickup truck to the U.S., but execs are saying that delay allowed them to make sure “they’ve got it right.” Still, though, the results of safety and emissions test remain unknown, and could still represent a hurdle to the truck’s arrival on these shores.

Six months away from selling the Indian-built pickup, John Perez, CEO of distributor Global Vehicles U.S.A., is bullish about the trucks’ final preparations and their progress meeting government certification.

“From where we started to where [the truck] is today is a huge improvement,” Perez said this week. “Mahindra has done exactly what they promised to do three years ago. They said they weren’t going to come to the U.S. market until they had it right. They’ve got it right.”

Perez says serial delays that have pushed back the introduction from the first quarter of 2009 to February 2010 are because Mahindra knows the high quality standards that American truck buyers expect.

“Mr. Mahindra said we’re not sending a truck to the United States -- we’re sending the family name,” Perez said. “It’s a matter of pride to them to come to this market. Unlike other countries where they just ship cars to make money, to them it is not just about money, it’s about pride.

“It’s better for us as a distributor and its better for consumers,” Perez said, “rather than trying to rush into the market.”

In addition to sourcing powertrain and interior components from Tier 1 auto suppliers such as Bosch, AVL and Lear, Mahindra has reached out to Mercedes-Benz for help testing the pickup to meet U.S. safety and emissions standards. Mercedes has been putting the trucks through their paces both in Europe and at a test center in Laredo, Texas.

How’s the truck done so far?

“The [front and side impact] crash testing is done,” Perez said. Mahindra “hasn’t shared the results with us yet but they’ve told us they’re much better than even they expected.”

The pickup will add a front bumper guard that's similar to an aftermarket guard as standard equipment and a stamped steel rear bumper. Both enhancements are unique to the U.S. market to pass low-speed crash tests which call for the front and rear bumpers to survive 2.5 mph direct and 1.5 mph corner impacts without damage. The trucks also have standard stability control and four-wheel disc brakes.

Testing to ensure that the truck’s diesel powertrain is able to meet clean air standards will be finished by the end of August and turned over to the EPA in September, Perez said.

Perez is also confident the truck has finally received its name after the earlier “Appalachian” moniker was dropped.

TR20 and TR40 (designating the two- and four-door models) “will be the official names,” Perez said.

Occupying a unique niche in the truck market, with fuel economy expected to be at least 30 mpg and payload capacity of 1.3 tons, Perez thinks it’s the right truck for the times.

“What we’re bringing to the U.S. is what the United State government is saying we need in the future, which is smaller bodies, more fuel efficient with more carrying capacity.”
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 12:02 pm

U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way Mahindra1
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 12:20 pm

No That thing is terrible looking!!! It looks like a Jeep Liberty and a Hummer SUT did the nasty and this horrible looking little thing popped out!!!! lol Sorry for the harsh words but darn that is one ugly vehical
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 12:39 pm

eh... i tend to agree.... just something else to attempt to run over with my superduty! HAHAHAHAHA....

and I love the comment of the test results for crash ratings.... they haven't released them because theya re embarrassed! HAHAHA... "better then they expected"? well, least it did not FAIL horribly! but came close I bet! LMAO
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 12:48 pm

Oh I'm sure it did!! They where more then likely expecting atleast a 4 star in all catagories and when they got less then that in all areas they where probably quite embarressed!!! hahaha
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 3:34 pm

it looks like jeeps horrible attempt at a new pickup.. i hope they fail at binging them to the US.. i don't want to see a bunch of those on the road lol
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 4:45 pm

ok, you guys know this pic and vehicle was originally designed and commisioned over seas right? IF this is released in this country, the cockpit will be moved to the proper side....LOL....
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 4:46 pm

stupid wannabe jeep lol
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 4:48 pm

79_bronco wrote:
stupid wannabe jeep lol

Just proof that everyone is trying to copy a winner...LOL.... and somebody may have too if Chrylser dissapears! LMAO
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 4:53 pm

i almost wish chrysler would fall off the face of the earth.. but i wouldn't want to see all those people lose their jobs
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 9:21 pm

It's not that bad. I'd drive it if it was cheap enough.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 9:26 pm

you couldn't force me into the passenger seat of that thing lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 9:39 pm

for that kind of money, i'd drive it far enough to get to the nearest car crusher.. bye bye heep truck lol!
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 10:01 pm

oh god.. well thats at least better than my area.. you go 2 miles down the road and you see 20 lowered hondas in 1 block lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 10:06 pm

yeah.. they're called donks.. they look retarded but (sad to say this) i'd rather see a donk than a honda any day
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 10:17 pm

a hoopty is a honda with spinner hubcaps and a plastic bag taped over a broken window Laughing
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 10:24 pm

i bet if this company pulls through and starts selling in the US, skyjacker has a lift kit for it within 2 months.. hahahah
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 10:29 pm

Due to it's size, it might make a good mud truck. I don't know if it's going to be 4WD though.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 10:36 pm

there are simple ways around that Laughing

yota 22R, trans and tcase with yota or sami rears.. done deal! sad thing is i bet people will do it..

Last edited by 79_bronco on August 26th 2009, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 10:37 pm

I would put money on it! HAHAHA
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 26th 2009, 10:45 pm

i'd laugh if i saw 1 stuck out on the trails though cheers
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 27th 2009, 12:34 pm

I kind of like it. I hope it comes, and forces the American companies to build a comparable diesel small truck.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way EmptyAugust 27th 2009, 12:37 pm

Something like that. Most Diesel trucks are ugly anyway, this one will fit right in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way   U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way Empty

Back to top Go down

U.S. Importer Says Mahindra Pickup Has Come A Long Way
Page 1 of 1