Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

not exactly my pride and joy..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
007jimmy
007jimmy

not exactly my pride and joy..  Empty
PostSubject: not exactly my pride and joy..    not exactly my pride and joy..  EmptyFebruary 21st 2011, 8:16 pm

i got so pissed off at a chevy i was workin on that i went outside and bought the FORD i have been eyein up lately.. its a 93 lincoln town car limited. 140k on the ticker and it needs a minimal amount of work.. as you can see the rear air ride leaks but thats what happens after it sits for a year. someone took out the radio but im ok with that cause an aftermarket unit was already planned.. it just makes my job easier.. the shifter is broken but thats just a junkyard away. i picked it up for 400 bucks so thats darn near a steal. its got a v8 in it and it purs like a kitten. now i can get rid of the wifes saturn and she can start driving this.. i hate putting the kids in the fullsize blazer cause there wasnt and headrests on the back seat and its only a 2dr. the town car cant be any more of a gas hog that thing is so it is what it is i guess..

i see this becoming aired out on some 20s.. lol
not exactly my pride and joy..  1a9fa03f
not exactly my pride and joy..  E60c7a53
Back to top Go down
Metalman
Metalman

PostSubject: Re: not exactly my pride and joy..    not exactly my pride and joy..  EmptyFebruary 21st 2011, 9:49 pm

That will show that pesky ole bowtie...
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: not exactly my pride and joy..    not exactly my pride and joy..  EmptyFebruary 22nd 2011, 11:41 am

Must be something in the water...
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: not exactly my pride and joy..    not exactly my pride and joy..  EmptyFebruary 22nd 2011, 1:59 pm

i dont think its something in the water.. i think my lifestyle is changing.. lol.. i am use to having rough riding beat em up trucks.. even though its a 93 that lincoln oh so comfy.. i think thats what sold me. i sat in the driver seat and i felt like i melted.. lol.. i have always wanted one but that was tucked way back in my head.. they ride like a caddy without the repair bill.. lol.. least i hope this one is that way. i went to the junkyard and picked up 2 rear air struts that were pretty recently changed, the air compressor for the suspension, the column shifter assembley, and some misc marroon interior trim peices.. best part is i paid 30 bucks for everyhting... there was a rather broad selection of cars to choose from and most were intacted.. seems like the biggest probem is the tipical ford rust.. mine has some beginning stages of cancer but ill take care of them. the motor runs smooth so thats a major plus and its got the room for the family. i plan on taking a trip to florida shortly so i need a good highway car with room to spare.. the wife made me a deal so now i can get whatever mud truck i want.. i have always had a thing for the cherokee sports so thats what i have been looking into. i have been gathering misc parts in preporation for whatever i buy..

so far i have a d60 front axle, d70 rear. both out of a ram with 4.56 gears, a np241 transfer case and a 205 front section to make my doubler, then the engine selection depends on what i get. i have a 98 ram 318, an 03 tahoe 5.3, a 03 and 04 4.7 jeep grand cherokee motor and trans and a 5.9 r/t motor out of a 98 dakota. all the motors are rebuilt except the r/t motor because we just recently got it out. all i need to find is a roller really but i want to stick with an SUV because i plan on sticking the wife and kids in it to take on the trails.. they love getting dirty..
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: not exactly my pride and joy..    not exactly my pride and joy..  EmptyFebruary 22nd 2011, 10:07 pm

Gotta do what you gotta do. Some crazy guy on here recently traded in his Silverado for a Jetta TDI. Laughing

BTW, I think you have a flat tire! Laughing
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: not exactly my pride and joy..    not exactly my pride and joy..  EmptyFebruary 23rd 2011, 4:45 am

$400, I wouldn't have passed it up either. I could take that heavy car over the scales and get $500 for it and have 1 less Ford on the road and $100 in my pocket. LOL

JK, clean looking car for $400 needing a little work. Tint the windows dark enough my buds couldn't see me in it, I'd drive it. Does it have a 302 in it??? Not that it matters, it still not all that good on gas. You're scarring the piss outta me though. Talking Dodge, Jeep, Ford, wassup with all that??? Guys with VWs. Geez, what next??? Maybe I'll get a Geo Metro soon that I been wanting to get for mpg.

No its nothing in the water. Lets face it, its to expensive now days to be driving our old iron non computer trucks as DD anymore. Even in OK, gas is now over $3 a gallon and diesel is about $3.50 now. Where do you think prices will be when summer hits, and prime time travel countrywide hits full swing and demand for fuel goes up??? Unless something happens quick, I predict we'll see $4 a gallon gas in this country before August.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: not exactly my pride and joy..    not exactly my pride and joy..  EmptyFebruary 23rd 2011, 1:59 pm

apperently its not to bad on gas. about the same as the 454 i had in the red truck. 16-18 but besides florida i dont plan on taking it very far. it will be up and running soon. as far as the jeep goes chevy doesnt offer a small solid axle truck so jeeps the next best thing.
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: not exactly my pride and joy..    not exactly my pride and joy..  EmptyFebruary 26th 2011, 12:58 pm

007jimmy wrote:
apperently its not to bad on gas. about the same as the 454 i had in the red truck. 16-18 but besides florida i dont plan on taking it very far. it will be up and running soon. as far as the jeep goes chevy doesnt offer a small solid axle truck so jeeps the next best thing.

I was getting around 20-23 in my 86 grand marquis, 5.0L, dual exhaust, and the darn thing rode like a cloud on even the roughest roads, and it could do a pretty good smoke show too, one wheel'd mind you but not bad for a grandma car lol! I only paid $800 for mine and it was in pretty good condition, and you have to love the full frame, it makes it like a darn tank, I jumped mine over a rail crossing on a back road and it didn't do a thing to it, musta got 3-4 feet of air lol

Enjoy, they are such nice riding cars, but they aren't the quickest or peppiest, just a nice highway cruiser Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: not exactly my pride and joy..    not exactly my pride and joy..  EmptyFebruary 26th 2011, 11:44 pm

I'm not a Ford fan at all. But my bro had a 2001 Mustang GT with a 4.6 motor in it that he seized for a bad oil change job. I helped him build it and seen how the motors work first hand. After working on that, I decided I want to find me a P1 Crown Vic car. For those who don't know, if P1 is in the VIN #, its a police interceptor car. Nothing faster or hipo about the car really, but some cool features as far as oversize cooling system so they can idle in high heat running the AC, bigger charging system and wires to run all the accesoires and light bars, bigger front and rear sway bars and other little suspension differances. A few other things too I am forgetting, but if I ever come across one cheap enough I'd buy it.
Our local police force of 45-50 Crown Vics or so, eat up transmissions like crazy too. All the city does it order a rebuilt crate trans from Ford and swap them out. I was hoping someday to get a job at the city just rebuilding and beefing up the transmissions in the cop cars. I had talked to several cops about it and of course they were all for it, but couldn't get it approved thru city council to build their own instead of crate job them. And of course no warranty either because they are considered commerical heavy duty hipo use.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: not exactly my pride and joy..    not exactly my pride and joy..  EmptyFebruary 27th 2011, 12:38 am

the cops around here use a mix of everything.. im waiting to see them buy a smart car.. lmao.. there are so many different cop cars it kinda throws you off.. everyhting from chargers, malibu's, exploders, to camaro's.. dosent really matter what they have cause the only way there gonna keep up with anything of mine is if we are on a twisty section of road.. lmao..

i havent been able to get her out on the road yet and open her up because i gotta figure out whats going on with the rear suspension.. PO said something about taking the air ride controller out or something.. i gotta ask him again what he did.. i just fixed the shifter today and was able to move her out of the spot she has been resting.. still gotta air up the rear tire though.. lol
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: not exactly my pride and joy..    not exactly my pride and joy..  EmptyFebruary 27th 2011, 1:07 am

Are you intending to get the current OEM rear suspension fixed and use it??? Its pretty common to fail with age, and I hear its not cheap to restore back to OEM. Might even consider converting it back to good old conventional rear suspension if you can. Maybe springs from another full size Ford set up or something of that naure.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: not exactly my pride and joy..    not exactly my pride and joy..  EmptyFebruary 27th 2011, 4:20 pm

i got 2 rear air struts already from the yard. they looked like they were recently replaced but that isnt the problem here.. the compressor doesnt seem to be working and the po said something about it i just cant remember. when he is at the plumbing place in the morning im gonna ask him what the problem was. if its not worth fixing then im gonna go to conventional struts
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: not exactly my pride and joy..    not exactly my pride and joy..  EmptyMarch 2nd 2011, 2:15 pm

Have you made any progress on this yet? is it a 5.0l?? I miss driving mine cause it rode so nice, but im sure i would hate it at the same time cause it would be such a slug compared to my dmax
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: not exactly my pride and joy..    not exactly my pride and joy..  Empty

Back to top Go down

not exactly my pride and joy..
Page 1 of 1