Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

not so much my 'pride and joy'

Go down 
+2
merlin5577
79_bronco
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

not so much my 'pride and joy' Empty
PostSubject: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptySeptember 12th 2009, 3:12 am

yeah, like the title states.. it's more like my 'PITA'.. at this point i don't know what i want to do with it.. the front is already bagged, i just need to finish the passenger side control arm and run hard lines for the front to be driveable again.. the rear pretty much just needs the driver side notch to be finished and the passenger side notch welded in. i've grown a serious distaste for mini trucks lately for some reason though, maybe it's because this thing has been keeping attention away from my sonoma, but who knows.. i've given it serious though to finish the front end, c-notches, mono leaf the leaf springs, bolt them back in and put what little i have left of the interior back in and selling it with the 'miracle' motor lol. it's still an option and i'm still kind of leaning towards it. we'll see over the winter lol

not so much my 'pride and joy' 1023081234
not so much my 'pride and joy' 1021081758a
not so much my 'pride and joy' 102_1467
not so much my 'pride and joy' 102_1490s
not so much my 'pride and joy' 102_1494s
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptySeptember 12th 2009, 11:54 am

Looks like a well underway project. Lots of work ahead, but will be awesome when your done.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptySeptember 12th 2009, 8:48 pm

if i ever finish it lol.. if i do, it's won't be a show truck like planned.. just a toy to roll down the highway, dragging the a** end at 60 lol
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptySeptember 13th 2009, 12:07 am

Lookin good.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 4:30 pm

holy jingle balls, i've actually been working on this heep of dog.. you get the idea Shocked

anyway, the rear is all back together with the stock leaf springs and 3" drop blocks for now. just going to mono-leaf it to give it about 6-7" of drop. right now, the front end is being held up by a piece of a paving stone and a piece of 2x4 between the lower control arm and the frame.. very ghetto but at least i can move it around until i get a compressor for it.

so far, all i've really done are the rear leaf springs, chase down electrical problems, start shaving my body seam on the back of the cab and trash the interior.. or lack there of.. look, pics!!

oh.. i painted my hood too lol

not so much my 'pride and joy' 101_1751
not so much my 'pride and joy' 101_1752
not so much my 'pride and joy' 101_1754
not so much my 'pride and joy' 101_1753
not so much my 'pride and joy' 101_1755
not so much my 'pride and joy' 101_1756
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 4:31 pm

Slow and steady wins the race. So far so good.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 4:33 pm

oh.. and my fenders, just sitting in my room lol

not so much my 'pride and joy' 101_1757
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 6:35 pm

so, nice looking ride.... wish i had enough drive to be that close to finishing my s10
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 6:44 pm

i'm nowhere near finishing.. i still have to finish my 306, make motor mounts and drop the motor in, get a transmission, build a raised trans x-member, do away with the retarded carrier bearing and crossmember, have a driveshaft made with the correct ends, find and build a narrow ford 9" out of a 70's mustang

and that doesn't even count all the other stuff that needs to be done to the rest of the truck.. it still has a loooonnnnnnnng way to go

i hate having 2 projects.. lol
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 7:23 pm

306? a DSS motor?
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 8:30 pm

no, .030 over ford 302 Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 8:32 pm

A Ford motor in a Chevy. Dont see that too often. Now i'm really looking forward to seeing the end result.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 8:33 pm

maybe someday,,,,,ill throw a 460 in an S10........Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 8:33 pm

a turbo'd SBF at that lol
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 8:37 pm

What are you doing for a transmission?
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 8:46 pm

and here it is.. OEM ford cast block, punched out .030, line bored, new Clevite cam bearings, Keith Black forged 8.5:1 pistons, forged Eagle 4340 stock stroke crank, Summit stage 2 forged rods, Clevite 77 rod and main bearings, Wolverine Blue Racer cam (.540/.540 lift, 112 lobe separation), Crane roller lifters, Pete Jackson timing gear set, RPW steel stamped roller rockers (1.6 ratio), and Melling high volume oil pump.. anything i didn't list, i don't have lol

shortblock and all the little goodies i have for it

not so much my 'pride and joy' Motor
not so much my 'pride and joy' 101_0774

Last edited by 79_bronco on November 30th 2009, 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 27th 2009, 8:50 pm

merlin5577 wrote:
What are you doing for a transmission?

pick up a C6 out of the junkyard, send the valve body out to get worked and rebuild the rest with a decent set of heavy duty clutches and steels.. and a stronger input and output shaft
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 12:17 am

hmmmm sounds like its goonna blow up.. the tranny that is.. lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 12:19 am

shut it meanie(it told me bad name to use, iunno lol)!! i'm a certified transmission tech according to my NATEF certificate.. just don't ask me to rebuild a trans like the 1 in your jimmy.. i HATE those things, they flare my temper lol
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 1:18 pm

Wait a second. I thought C6s where for Ford Big Blocks and C4s where for Ford Small Blocks? Are they interchangable?
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 4:08 pm

whoever told you that is a big fat liar.. you can get a C6 for just about any pre 80's ford motor.. any 70's fullsize automatic ford, no matter what size motor, had a C6 and 205. some of the bigger cars had them, too.. but it was more of a truck transmission. i swear by running a C6, they are by far the toughest factory built transmission out there. the C4's are nice, but in the long run, a C6 will last you a lot longer
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 4:22 pm

a C6 would be perfect if it had an OD gear. That is basically what the E4OD is. The main difference is the E4OD is electronically controlled.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 4:29 pm

which means i'll never use it lol.. the E4OD and AOD's grenade when they take in water
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 7:15 pm

i had a 351m in my bronco and i kept the same tranny n it when i put a 460 so....
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 7:15 pm

edit... didnt see the second page.. :bangs head on wall:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' Empty

Back to top Go down

not so much my 'pride and joy'
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next