Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

wiring auxiliary lights

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

wiring auxiliary lights Empty
PostSubject: wiring auxiliary lights   wiring auxiliary lights EmptyJune 5th 2010, 10:58 am

just curious, whats the idea behind relays when installing extra lights? i have 2 150 watt KC's on my 78, but i dont have them wired with a relay. im just wondering how it works and why you use it. thanks
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: wiring auxiliary lights   wiring auxiliary lights EmptyJune 5th 2010, 11:36 am

a relay helps so you dont have to have such a high amperage wire running though your cab.. you can power the switch off something like your cig lighter then run that wire up to the relay. it also helps that you can mount the relay somewhere that it wont get wet and prevent a short like your tail lights.. lol
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: wiring auxiliary lights   wiring auxiliary lights EmptyJune 5th 2010, 2:37 pm

thanks for the expalnation. like im the only one here thats ever tried to float his truck...... riiiiigght. i guess it wouldnt be a bad idea to go buy a relay and hook them up the right way then. but riht now i got bigger problems with it, story of my life....
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: wiring auxiliary lights   wiring auxiliary lights EmptyJune 5th 2010, 2:54 pm

dont we all.. lol.. i had a nice surprise from the 85 a few weeks ago.. pics just dont do it justice.. lmao.. all this from a sparkplug that blew apart..

wiring auxiliary lights Efebea1c
wiring auxiliary lights E825957e
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: wiring auxiliary lights   wiring auxiliary lights EmptyJune 5th 2010, 4:27 pm

dangit man, im hopin all i gotta do is change out a fuel pump, but you got screwed on that one. my fuel pumo will hafta wait tho, theres a couple other things comin that require my money first lol
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: wiring auxiliary lights   wiring auxiliary lights EmptyJune 5th 2010, 5:51 pm

you should be able to pick up an electric pump for 20 bucks at autozone.. they are cheap and get you by for a year or so.. all you gotta do is pull off the lines from your stock mechanical pump and plumb the eletric one in.. use the stock pump as a block off plate but pull out the rod that goes into the timing cover..
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: wiring auxiliary lights   wiring auxiliary lights EmptyJune 5th 2010, 7:42 pm

ehhh, id rather jus put another mech pump on and be done with it. the one thats on there only has abt 2k on it. it ticks me off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wiring auxiliary lights   wiring auxiliary lights Empty

Back to top Go down

wiring auxiliary lights
Page 1 of 1