Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Will The Light Duty Truck come back?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
In2Trux
In2Trux

Will The Light Duty Truck come back? Empty
PostSubject: Will The Light Duty Truck come back?   Will The Light Duty Truck come back? EmptyMarch 27th 2010, 10:13 am

Since the on set of the financial turmoil of the big three.
GM's pet project on building a Light Duty Diesel was scrapped.
I hope since the talk of 600 dealerships come back to work... I hope this project comes back too.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/03/gm-indefinitely-postpones-45liter-duramax-lightduty-diesel-engine.html
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Will The Light Duty Truck come back?   Will The Light Duty Truck come back? EmptyJuly 11th 2010, 10:07 pm

Man this still burns me up. All the research to design and build the dang thing, and now it just sits there! Evil or Very Mad Come on GM! Bring back the 1/2 ton diesel!
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Will The Light Duty Truck come back?   Will The Light Duty Truck come back? EmptyJuly 12th 2010, 7:49 am

I don't think this is gonna disappear. I think this is one of the smartest ideas they have.
Economically, I think this would be great for the consumer. Cause it would a smaller diesel then our 6.6L DMax. So that would make it a lil more affordable to operate.

And the diesels are just simply better for the environment
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Will The Light Duty Truck come back?   Will The Light Duty Truck come back? EmptyJuly 12th 2010, 12:01 pm

In2Trux wrote:
I don't think this is gonna disappear. I think this is one of the smartest ideas they have.
Economically, I think this would be great for the consumer. Cause it would a smaller diesel then our 6.6L DMax. So that would make it a lil more affordable to operate.

It really depends on the platform they put it in. A 4.5L 1-ton is not going to be a great idea.... but a 4.5L 1/2 ton Suburban, that would be heaven!

In2Trux wrote:

And the diesels are just simply better for the environment

I know that, and you know that. But the majority of people in the world still have the diesels from the 70's stuck firmly in their heads. If the bad publicity can ever be overcome, then we'd be in business. I hope I live to see that day.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Will The Light Duty Truck come back?   Will The Light Duty Truck come back? EmptyJuly 12th 2010, 1:07 pm

that is so true
The noisy and spewing black smoke stigma is going to be hard to change.
I hope to be around when the rest of the world comes around too.
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: Will The Light Duty Truck come back?   Will The Light Duty Truck come back? EmptyJuly 13th 2010, 1:01 am

In2Trux wrote:

I hope to be around when the rest of the world comes around too.

me too. this would be badass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will The Light Duty Truck come back?   Will The Light Duty Truck come back? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will The Light Duty Truck come back?
Page 1 of 1