Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Not much to look at but thought i would share

Go down 
+7
In2Trux
doc_auto
1993GMCSierra
007jimmy
johnboggs21
79_bronco
Jared Olson for SO IL
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
In2Trux
In2Trux

Not much to look at but thought i would share - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not much to look at but thought i would share   Not much to look at but thought i would share - Page 2 EmptyApril 1st 2010, 11:11 pm

Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:
found a pic of the passenger side the day we got it lol it looks sharp here but i think its the pic cuz idr it ever lookin this good

Not much to look at but thought i would share - Page 2 8510

WOW !!!! LOOKS GOOD !!! What I wouldn't give to have a truck like that.
That's a beauty. I love the year.
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: Not much to look at but thought i would share   Not much to look at but thought i would share - Page 2 EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 12:39 am

I would have to agree its definatly a Grandpa truck with those dang outrigger running boards on it. Yup it looks a bit rough. Looks worse than something I'd take on. I don't do rust very well, but I can deal with ugly. For sure its worth fixing up though. Maybe not for anyone else, but for you I sure would. Having that pic of you as little kid with it in much better days, then save these photos of it at its worst, then new photos of it again when complete, it would make an awesome story to be told to your kids someday. Beleive it or not, the rockers and cab corners don't look so bad. I wonder if those hideous running boards might have actually been a good idea after all and protected part of that. The body work is whats gonna get you on this one. The trans isn't nothing. I am going to take a guess and say its got a 700r4 in it??? If you can find a 88 or newer core to have built for it. They are better. The 87 is better too, but in 88 you get other changes too. So find you an 88-92 core to build for it.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Not much to look at but thought i would share   Not much to look at but thought i would share - Page 2 EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 12:46 am

hey i like the runnin boards lol i like em more than nerf. i wanna make it like Gpa had it maybe lift it
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: Not much to look at but thought i would share   Not much to look at but thought i would share - Page 2 EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 2:06 am

yeah i like the runnin boards. they are different and dont make the truck look ugly like they do on others.
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: Not much to look at but thought i would share   Not much to look at but thought i would share - Page 2 EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 2:41 am

I'll admit, I have sure seen worse. Just never have been a fan of running boards. But, if they helped in keeping the rust off the rockers and corners, then go for it. Not to mention, its your truck, and if you like'm then rock on and be sure to put them back on when you are done with it. Afterall, it wouldn't be the same as granddads truck without them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not much to look at but thought i would share   Not much to look at but thought i would share - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Not much to look at but thought i would share
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2