Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Building a dozer

Go down 
+2
In2Trux
johnboggs21
6 posters
AuthorMessage
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 19th 2010, 3:16 pm

You guys remember the murray with the plow? Well springs a comin and im gonna ditch the wheels for some tracks. Very Happy

Ill post more on how im gonna try this later, but if ya have any ideas post em up.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 19th 2010, 4:40 pm

OK... I'm in the dark.. WHAT ????
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 19th 2010, 5:40 pm

ok im going to turn this:

Building a dozer MURRAYSIDEVIEWWITHPLOW

into something like this:

Building a dozer Ff937a
Back to top Go down
stealthdawg09
Valued Member
Valued Member

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 19th 2010, 7:10 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 19th 2010, 7:39 pm

if your going to do it, pull the blade off the back and replace it with a ripper.... and those tracks look way to easy to build.... however, you might look into making the front bogey wheel of it the same as your rear drive wheel, so itll look like the smaller dozers of that era instead of a challenger tractor....
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 19th 2010, 7:42 pm

my other question is, what about turning? does the tractor you have have brakes for each drive wheel?
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 19th 2010, 7:44 pm

batty1214 wrote:
if your going to do it, pull the blade off the back and replace it with a ripper.... and those tracks look way to easy to build.... however, you might look into making the front bogey wheel of it the same as your rear drive wheel, so itll look like the smaller dozers of that era instead of a challenger tractor....

yea i dont really wanna look like a challenger. Im gonna have to ditch the fenders, move them up, or lift the tractor so they dont interfere. The CAT crawler pictured used a snowmobile track cut in half i think. I was thinkin about doin that, or using some conveyer belting to make some. Hell if it comes down to it ill just hack the sidewall out of a large tire.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 19th 2010, 7:45 pm

batty1214 wrote:
my other question is, what about turning? does the tractor you have have brakes for each drive wheel?

No it dont have individual brakes. My original plan was to put individual brakes on it and let the open diff do its thing. Now im wondering of the transaxle can handle that
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 19th 2010, 9:47 pm

I dunno if the transaxle would handle it or not.... but it is a good chance that it would....... the only other suggestion I have is ditch the steering wheel, and install 2 levers.... one that operates each side brake..... or a pedal on each side, and a stick to control the blade in the middle........ I have considered building a mini dozer..... Im thinking of building it on the same idea of the skid steer loaders...... a lever that controls a hydrolic drive on each side..... then a 2 or 3 cylinder diesel to power a high pressure hydrolic pump,
Back to top Go down
squeeky
squeeky

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 19th 2010, 10:00 pm

Looks like it is gonna be a fun project. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 19th 2010, 11:13 pm

Sounds like a pretty cool project John, cant wait to see updates.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 20th 2010, 10:02 am

batty1214 wrote:
I dunno if the transaxle would handle it or not.... but it is a good chance that it would....... the only other suggestion I have is ditch the steering wheel, and install 2 levers.... one that operates each side brake..... or a pedal on each side, and a stick to control the blade in the middle........ I have considered building a mini dozer..... Im thinking of building it on the same idea of the skid steer loaders...... a lever that controls a hydrolic drive on each side..... then a 2 or 3 cylinder diesel to power a high pressure hydrolic pump,

You got my plan exactly. Im gonna ditch the steering wheel altogether. Dunno if im gonna use levers or pedals for the brakes. Might make a hand clutch too.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 20th 2010, 12:35 pm

depending on what kind of brake setup you use, a lever may give the best leverage to stop one side drive wheel, unless you have assisted brake setup, thena pedal may work okay.... and hand clutches are fun to play with... its hard not to pop them on the old johnny 2 poppers
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 20th 2010, 1:32 pm

yea ill probly go with levers for the brakes. I like the hand clutches on grandpas D4 and allis chalmers which is kinda what got me thinkin about one for this.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 20th 2010, 6:03 pm

this is a long link, but very cool.....

Building a dozer Esky1
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 20th 2010, 6:09 pm

But this is more of the look I was thinking you were going for John.....
Building a dozer 701200_6664b4d7-adb2-4728-a773-26e9ac9c9cfb_prod
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 20th 2010, 6:13 pm

Thats pretty much it right there, only a little neater. That one looks like it was made out of a sears GT which would have a much stronger rearend in it.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 20th 2010, 6:17 pm

johnboggs21 wrote:
Thats pretty much it right there, only a little neater. That one looks like it was made out of a cub cadet or gilson GT which would have a much stronger rearend in it.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 20th 2010, 6:24 pm

that and the push arms are kinda tacky as well......
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 20th 2010, 6:30 pm

yea, their definitely not very heavy duty..lol
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 20th 2010, 9:26 pm

I've got some for ya..
I like wheel loaders. some day when I don't have so many projects on the go, I want to build something like these. I started on the half scale Peterbilt but set it a side for other projects.

Building a dozer Heim30-2

Building a dozer Heim4-2

Building a dozer Kaylee2-1
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 20th 2010, 11:24 pm

thats some pretty cool half size equipment.... the 980 loader even has a set of cat specification 5 piece rims...
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer EmptyFebruary 21st 2010, 9:18 pm

Batty I added the pictures to your posts from those links.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Building a dozer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a dozer   Building a dozer Empty

Back to top Go down

Building a dozer
Page 1 of 1