Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

The history of your truck

Go down 
+8
squeeky
fordman68
bigcountry78
FaselZ71
In2Trux
79_bronco
007jimmy
johnboggs21
12 posters
AuthorMessage
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

The history of your truck Empty
PostSubject: The history of your truck   The history of your truck EmptyFebruary 10th 2010, 3:24 pm

Im sure some of the trucks on here, especially the older ones have some interesting history behind them, so if ya kno the story lets hear it.

My ole rig is over 311,000 miles, and hasnt had any major repair work done to my knowledge. Their was a recycling company that owned it originally and they used it to pull a 5th wheel on a daily basis. After that grandpa bought it and used it as a farm truck, pulling trailers and hauling stuff ya kno. Now i have it, and i probly drive it harder than any of the previous owners, but it doesnt see the extreme use it used to. Mostly I haul firewood with it, along with the occasional tractor and load of scrap iron. Still gets to tug a farm wagon every now and then. In short she's led a hard life and seems to be taking it pretty well.

The history of your truck Truckntrailer2
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: The history of your truck   The history of your truck EmptyFebruary 10th 2010, 3:44 pm

the only trucks i know the history of are my 99 dually and my 00 jimmy..

the 99 dually led the first part of its like as a township supervisors truck and only seen around 80k miles.. then i got it from a freind after he replaced a few items on it and i have had it since.. granted i only put about 700 miles on it since i had it cause of the blown head gasket but it still runs alright.. it works great for cruising up and down the highway and pulling people out of the snow when the hit a ditch..

my 00 jimmy seen a really rough life in the 150k that it has on the ticker.. i bought it with 110k on it and it had a blown motor.. before i took the motor out i bough a used motor with 35k on it and had it ripped apart, worked and theni put it back together.. the oil in the old motor looked similar to molasis so i am guessing thats what led to its dimise.. it was owned by a woman that didnt take good care of it. after 2 accidents and numerous repairs it is still waiting on my to put the tranny back in it.. soon as i get the parts im gonna tackle rebuilding one myself.. just got to wait till i get my taxes done to get the money up..
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: The history of your truck   The history of your truck EmptyFebruary 10th 2010, 4:28 pm

only 3 of my trucks i really know the history on.. my old 85, my S10 and my sonoma

the sonoma was bought by the original owner in early 94 and owned it until around 02, when he traded it in on a newer, but used truck. we bought it for 8500 with 63K on the clock and now she's pushing 170K on the original drivetrain(minus the manual transfer case i put in) and it still runs flawlessly (mechanically anyway, 3rd fuel pump is dying). the rest of the truck is a different story, it's been beaten, wheeled, totaled a toyota(wasn't me!) and just down right run into the ground. now it sits in my back yard, waiting for a EB D44 swap and hopefully an older style transmission and t-case.

my S10 was a single owner truck, owned by an old man since 87. took excellent care of the truck, but decided to sell it when it started running horrible. i bought it in 07. i drove it for 3 months, took it off the road for a month when i finished the bronco so i could drop it amd fix the motor.. got the front done and started driving it around again to save wear and tear on the bronco(the IFS was SHOT). so i drove the truck around with the front dropped 3-1/2" and the back at stock height and it looked retarded lol. so in fall of 08, i started bagging it little by little, whenever i felt like messing with it.. since then, all i've done is gut the interior and put my leaf springs back in.. with drop blocks this time!! lmao

the bronco had 6 owners before me and originally came from maryland.. the 5th owner was my ex best friend eric, who put a small 4" lift under it and 33" TSL's. he owned it for a couple of years.. it was an original 4.9 truck, but when he blew it up wheelin, he built a nasty little 302 for it. he bought a 78 bronco and the 85(minus the motor and TSL's) became mine for a PS2, best trade i ever made!! now the truck is a soda can somewhere.. it could even be this coke can sitting in front of me
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: The history of your truck   The history of your truck EmptyFebruary 11th 2010, 10:21 am

My old 57 Chevy Panel Van was the old door to door Milk Man's truck.
In the towns of Corbeil and Astorville, Ontario. Just S.E. of North Bay.

If you look closely at the pictures you can see the Creamy White under the red. LOL

The history of your truck IMG_0699

The history of your truck IMG_0697
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: The history of your truck   The history of your truck EmptyFebruary 11th 2010, 12:27 pm

My 92 Z71 is a 3 owner vehical! It was bought new in 1992 by Kal excavating and was used for general purpose work due to the fact that it was a 1/2 ton it never saw heavy duty work like the bigger ones it mainly hauled fuel tanks and the foremans drove around in it so the truck was taken care of for the most part... Then my uncle was a foreman at Kal and it was his truck then after they decided to decomission it he bought from the company for cheap as fudge! He drove it for about 5 yrs and beat the fudge out of it and let go of the maintance the body began to rust the oil pan developed a hole and abunch of other things! We he sold it to me he said he'd done a ton of work to it but once I got to work on I quickly noticed that he fed me a line of crap and then I had to fix what he fucked up!! And now it's parked again and won't be on the road again until the lift kit is finally done which I've got a big update on that!!
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: The history of your truck   The history of your truck EmptyFebruary 12th 2010, 1:00 pm

lets see.... my dad bought my 78 new in 78, and it was his daiy driver till prolly the 80s. after he wore the factory tires out he put on 14-36.5-15 gran prix tires. he also put on a warn 8000 winch and bumper, and a midland cb. he used it at his job, which was haulin pulpwood. he used it to pull the trucks out when they got stuck, and whrn it wouldnt pull them he cahined the rear bumper to a tree Shocked and winched them out. i got it when i was fourteen and we did aot of work on it gettin it road worthy again. its my favorite truck in the word and i'll never sell it lol.it only has 110,000 original miles.

next is my 79 parts truck, i bought it from a local a couple years ago. 79 scottsdale. he bought it new, built the motor and lifted it and drove it like he stle it. and given the condition i got it in i beleive it lol. it dissappeared about 20 yrs ago, he parked it and i don really kno why. anyway, when i was offered the chance to buy it, i did. i was gonna try to fix it, but it was too far gone. the only thing left is the frame, body and interior. the rest is spread out all over the upstate of S.C., some of them in my 78 i mentioned above.

next up is my 98 7z1, it came from a construction company up in N.C. it had 74,000 miles when i got it, and had never been in the mud. i drove it like i stole it everyday for over 4 years, and when i traded it in it had 200,000 on it and its second tranny was slippin as i drove it to the dealer. its down in Columbia now, my cousin sees it every now and then.

next is my 02 ext. cab 4x4, some of yall know it as my truck under the oak tree lol, it came from a farmer in georgia who traded it in, had 93,000 on it when i got it, and 96,000 when it was totalled 6 weeks later. i guess its in a boneyard somewhere, picked clean. i wish i had that 5.3 in my 78. oh well.

Finally i have my 06 z71, it came from a doctor in tennessee and had 43,000 on it when i got it 2 years ago. now it has 96,000 on it.

thats petty much it, i don really kno the history on my 97 jeep, my 74 jeep, and hte history on my 89 blazer isnt worth mentioning. i think thats all of them....
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: The history of your truck   The history of your truck EmptyFebruary 12th 2010, 3:01 pm

This is my 1957 Mack Truck
It was purchased new by the Kingston, Ont City Works Department as a dump truck.
After it serviced it's term It was auctioned off to a farmer and made into a manure spreader.
Then I bought it
I'm gonna make a classic car hauler out of it. Very Happy

The history of your truck IMG_0018

The history of your truck IMG_0023

The history of your truck IMG_0024-1

The history of your truck IMG_0020-1

The history of your truck IMG_0030-1

The history of your truck IMG_0031-1

SOME DAY IT WILL LOOK AS GOOD AS THIS ONE.

The history of your truck Hetterly_57_mack_b613t_1-1
Back to top Go down
fordman68
Valued Member
Valued Member
fordman68

PostSubject: Re: The history of your truck   The history of your truck EmptyFebruary 12th 2010, 4:19 pm

The history of my 1988 f150 is that it was purchased new locally by a man who then gave it to his son who then gave it to his son who then gave it to his son who sold it to Barrels auto-sales from where it was bought. it is now in my possession and is falling apart the whole family whom owned it ran it to hells door and back and now it is my job to get it drivable.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: The history of your truck   The history of your truck EmptyFebruary 12th 2010, 4:37 pm

fordman68 wrote:
The history of my 1988 f150 is that it was purchased new locally by a man who then gave it to his son who then gave it to his son who then gave it to his son who sold it to Barrels auto-sales from where it was bought. it is now in my possession and is falling apart the whole family whom owned it ran it to hells door and back and now it is my job to get it drivable.

Holey Son of a, son of a, son of a, Be-otch !!! your truck is a tramp and it gets around LOL We'll help ya get her back into shape again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: The history of your truck   The history of your truck EmptyFebruary 12th 2010, 8:50 pm

In2Trux wrote:
fordman68 wrote:

Holey Son of a, son of a, son of a, Be-otch !!! your truck is a tramp and it gets around LOL We'll help ya get her back into shape again Very Happy

lmao, talk about keeping it in the family Laughing
Back to top Go down
squeeky
squeeky

PostSubject: Re: The history of your truck   The history of your truck EmptyFebruary 14th 2010, 9:09 am

I bought my truck from a guy in Dayton, OH. He had bought it brand new. It had 75k miles on it. It has been taken care of from day one. He had all the maintance records for it. From puttin air in the tires to new tires to oil changes etc. I bought the truck in Oct 08. I drove it up until March when I took it to my parents house (before I left for training for Afghanistan) where it has not been driven too much. When my wife was home for Christmas it had 86k miles on it. I miss it so much. Everytime I call home I ask how she is doin.

My wife's 06 Trailblazer. It was a repo and had 19k miles on it when we bought it 4 July 08.

Wife's 95 Wrangler. Was bought from a doctor in 97 with 40k miles and now has 180k. It was her daily driver up until I bought her a the Trailblazer. It still has factory clutch.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: The history of your truck   The history of your truck EmptyFebruary 14th 2010, 10:26 am

hmm..... the old 78 ford is the only one i know the history of.... my grandad custom ordered it from the local ford dealer.... its a f250 custom, he had the 400, 4 speed manual, 4.88 gears in the rear end, its only 2 wheel peel, he drove it on the ranch, and pulled stock trailers with it, then my uncle drove it to and from school, ten my other uncle drove it, and was flippin donuts in a field, and slid into a fence and dented the passenger side really good, then it got parked for 5 years, with being moved around once in a while....... i bought it when i was 16, and drove it till i was almost18, when the motor went out.... i swapped in a "free" 460, and on start up, it was blowing massive amounts of white smoke out of the valve cover breather...... and its been sitting for about 5 years now.... some day it'll get rebuilt and driven again
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: The history of your truck   The history of your truck EmptyFebruary 14th 2010, 12:56 pm

79_bronco wrote:
In2Trux wrote:
fordman68 wrote:

lmao, talk about keeping it in the family Laughing

how does that work tho? lol cuz some of those guys werent old enough to drive a truck or had kids really young LOL
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: The history of your truck   The history of your truck EmptyFebruary 14th 2010, 5:29 pm

My Silverado was owned by an older guy who used it to carry a camper shell for he and his wife to vacation. It had 50K miles on it and was all dealer maintained. He traded it in for a new one.

My Suburban was owned by a younger woman who except for oil changes, had no idea what the word maintenance was. Picked it up at the local used dealership for a lot less then it was worth at the time.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: The history of your truck   The history of your truck EmptyNovember 7th 2010, 12:06 am

bump
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: The history of your truck   The history of your truck EmptyNovember 7th 2010, 12:07 am

John, I can honestly say I forgot about this thread, and I am ashamed of that fact. Thanks for bumping her back to the top.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: The history of your truck   The history of your truck EmptyNovember 7th 2010, 12:34 am

its ok, i forgot about it too till i seen a similar one on OB that reminded me of this one.
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: The history of your truck   The history of your truck EmptyNovember 7th 2010, 3:04 pm

My Ranger was bought brand new by a guy in Nebraska, and when he moved up here, he sold it to a buddy of my dads who used to own a car lot. He bought it for $1500, and fed me a lie telling me that it had a blown engine and that he replaced it with a remanned one, and some other crap. Well, after having the truck for a while, I finally looked in the glove box and lo and behold, there was all the maintenance records with the old mans phone number. So, I called the guy up and talked to him for a bit, and realized I paid almost triple what I should have gotten it for. It was never beat or anything until I took it on a road trip and bent a valve.

My Chevy was bought by another older guy who used to do painting around the valley. He bought it new and maintained it very well, but apparently his business didn't do as well as he had hoped, since in only 4 years (I bought it in 2009) he only put 36K miles on it. It was in one minor fender bender when he owned it, but other then that, it was practically new. It now has almost 70K miles (34K miles in one years, wow, lol), and only needs a few minor things. I, however, want a lot of minor things and a lot of major things done to it before it is a complete truck, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The history of your truck   The history of your truck Empty

Back to top Go down

The history of your truck
Page 1 of 1