Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel Empty
PostSubject: New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel   New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel EmptyFebruary 8th 2010, 9:49 am

GM's new 6.6-liter "LML" Duramax V-8 turbodiesel for its 2011 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra Heavy Duty pickups will be capable of burning B20 biodiesel fuel, according to a GM press release issued early Monday.

B20 is a blend of 80 percent conventional ultra-low-sulfur diesel and 20 percent biodiesel.

“The 2007 federal energy bill mandates increased biodiesel production and more states and municipalities are requiring it,” said Mike Robinson, vice president, Environment, Energy and Safety Policy. “Biodiesel production is growing and GM is excited and ready to satisfy demand with our new B20 capable Duramax 6.6-liter engine.”

We first reported about the B20 capability of the LML Duramax in August last year. That's up from a B5 biodiesel rating in the current "LMM" Duramax.

Both the 2011 Ford Super Duty (with all-new 6.7-liter Power Stroke V-Cool and 2010 Ram Heavy Duty (with 6.7-liter Cummins inline-six cylinder) are also able to burn up to B20 biodiesel, though Cummins approves the use of B20 in Ram trucks for municipal, government, and commercial fleets only.

“We made a lot of enhancements to make sure the new Duramax is robust with biodiesel,” Duramax chief engineer Gary Arvan said. “The engine uses our latest-generation fuel filter that includes a coalescing filter to trap any water that could be present in the fuel. The downstream injector [behind the exhaust] for diesel particulate filter regeneration means we also won’t have a worry of oil dilution with B20 fuel from in-engine post injection [like is used on the LMM diesel]. There’s also additional heating to the fuel circuit so the filter won’t get plugged from old [B20] fuel gelling or waxing.”

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/02/new-gm-duramax-diesel-certified-for-b20-biodiesel-for-2011.html
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel   New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel EmptyFebruary 8th 2010, 2:44 pm

they should go back to the old IDIs like mine. I can burn just about anything in that ole truck for fuel. Diesel, bio, ATF, WVO, VO, WMO, and probly other stuff lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel   New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel EmptyFebruary 8th 2010, 5:31 pm

please tell me ATF in your post doesn't stand for auto. trans. fluid..
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel   New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel EmptyFebruary 8th 2010, 5:34 pm

and you forgot kero!
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel   New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel EmptyFebruary 8th 2010, 6:50 pm

yea ATF stands for auto tranny fluid. ya kero works too lol

aside from staining everything red, i see no problems using ATF.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel   New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel EmptyFebruary 9th 2010, 1:06 am

wow.. i wish i still knew someone with a diesel so i could dump my milk jugs of old ATF in their gas tank lmao
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel   New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel EmptyFebruary 9th 2010, 12:17 pm

Laughing And another reason why I miss my 85', free fuel! Just got to run it through a filter first and voila'.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel   New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel EmptyFebruary 9th 2010, 4:57 pm

i bet it's pollutant as all hell though.. lol
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel   New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel EmptyFebruary 9th 2010, 11:06 pm

Its not too bad. IDI Engines run such a high compression ratio and such a high temperature, it burns it all. Here is an article about a 7.3L powerstroke that runs used atf as fuel;

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/ford/0901dp_automatic_transmission_fluid_fuel/index.html
Back to top Go down
squeeky
squeeky

PostSubject: Re: New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel   New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel EmptyFebruary 11th 2010, 9:53 am

This emissions suff is for the birds. My 6.5 and Cummins I could put anything in there and didn't have to worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel   New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel Empty

Back to top Go down

New 2011 GM Duramax Diesel Engine Certified for B20 Biodiesel Fuel
Page 1 of 1