Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

mobile repair vehicle

Go down 
+6
In2Trux
f150dailydragger
merlin5577
76silverado
79_bronco
batty1214
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

mobile repair vehicle Empty
PostSubject: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 29th 2010, 2:28 pm

many of you may know about my "scout mobile" that i am going to build.... for those of you who dont, heres the scoop....1984 chevrolet suburban 5.9 cummins turbo diesel, nv4500 manual trans, 203/205 doubler kit, dana 60 front axle,5:13 gears, electric locker, 35 spline shafts, warn hubs.... rear 14 bolt, 5:13 gears, 35 spline shafts, electric locker, disc brake conversion... warn powerplant 12,000lbs. winch on front, warn 9,000lbs. winch in back, a custom tool box setup behind the rear bench seat, with a good assortment of rachets, sockets, box end wrenches, air tools(impact, air hammer, drill) a power inverter to run a grinder, a spare part box with common u joints, tie rod ends, spare hubs.... a pickle fork for removing ball joints, a slide hammer, a bearing puller set, a 3 tong pulley puller, and a underhood welder.... is there anything you all can think of that may help me be more popular at trail runs than these??? And remember, this truck will be running 35" tall tires as well.........
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 29th 2010, 2:34 pm

oh, and its going to be a mild trail runner as well as mud bogger, and scout carry all..... its getting boat sided, and skid plated, and a 12 point roll cage... yes, 12 points to the frame.... got it worked out in a CAD program....( upon suggestion from merlyn,. 3fire extinguishers, 4recovery straps, a length of rope, dual battery setup, dual altenators, 200 amp altenator(comes with underhood welder) a 120 amp altenator, Caterpiller high intensity flood lights, a small emergency response kit, possibly including an AED)

Last edited by batty1214 on January 31st 2010, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 29th 2010, 2:37 pm

oh, im going to get it this weekend if the owners can find the title.... and i will get some pictures for yall
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 29th 2010, 4:06 pm

underhood welder huh? is that the little water proof miller they showed on 'trucks' about 5 or more years ago?
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 29th 2010, 8:15 pm

its one that runs off of a 12 volt system altenator... its good for 1/4 inch steel single pass in stick application,
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 29th 2010, 9:35 pm

http://www.zena.net/htdocs/welders/weld_pic.shtml..... this is the one that I am considering for the underhood welder set up...... Im also going to set up a jumper system that runs off the vehicle system, that plugs into a bumper mount setup...... we have them on our jumper trucks at the mine.....
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 29th 2010, 11:06 pm

Well??
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 29th 2010, 11:15 pm

well what?
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 29th 2010, 11:49 pm

Do you have it home yet?
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 30th 2010, 12:04 am

^^ lmao

there was 1 just like that on trucks a few years ago.. they welded up some part of the outter front axle and it actually held, shocked the hell out of me! they're definitely a good little tool to have on the trail. i can think of dozens of times it would have come in handy
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 30th 2010, 1:15 pm

nope, not home yet.... owner still cannot find title.... i may just do an abandoned vehicle claim on it....
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 31st 2010, 1:43 pm

Sounds like an awesome build. Really looking forward to seeing pictures. Things I would add though;

Dual battery kit.
145amp alternator
As many lights as you can fit on it
Fire extinguishers
Fuel cans
Rope
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 31st 2010, 5:16 pm

those are all excellent suggestions... thanks.... im still trying to figure out the fuel tanks.... i may end up doing a couple of the military style, if i cannot find one that mounts up underneath, and give me 2 plumbed in fuel tanks....
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 31st 2010, 5:20 pm

My 85' had one large 42 gallon fuel tank in the rear. Mounted where the spare tire would be on a pickup.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 31st 2010, 5:29 pm

hmm... 42 gallons would be plenty to go most places
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 31st 2010, 5:40 pm

Or at least a good start. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 31st 2010, 10:23 pm

Don't forget the cooler!
Back to top Go down
f150dailydragger
Valued Member
Valued Member
f150dailydragger

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 31st 2010, 10:43 pm

76silverado wrote:
Don't forget the cooler!
with beer lol i think you have it covered maybe a high lift jack jack stands 4x4s (wood) if you didnt allready say them.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 31st 2010, 11:01 pm

high lift jack, and wood cribbing for blocking vehicles up..... thats a good idea.... i was planning on a high lift jack....and the cooler is in the center console between the driver/passenger seats... holds 2- 6packs, and chills down to 40 degrees farenhieght...... and beer, itll be at the camper at base camp.... no room for alchohol on the trail....
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyJanuary 31st 2010, 11:08 pm

besides beer needs to be at 34 to 38 degrees for a perfect chilled beer... and that requires the trailer fridge(dont worry about that, 4 24 packs for a 2 day outting)
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyFebruary 1st 2010, 3:46 am

merlin5577 wrote:

it's not a jeep.. lmao
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyFebruary 1st 2010, 6:26 pm

79_bronco wrote:
merlin5577 wrote:

it's not a jeep.. lmao
thats the truth... can you imagine as many lights as i could fit on a suburban???? it'd make daytime look dark anywhere within 20 feet of the thing.... but lots of light is a good thing.... im thinking of building some tripod work lights that are 12volt, so i can light up another vehicle, or under one....
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyFebruary 1st 2010, 6:30 pm

i found an old chevy service trucks 5 speed manual, with the pto still attached, and both in good working order.... anyone know anything about them? its from a 1984 chevrolet 2 ton, with a 2 range rear differential
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyFebruary 1st 2010, 7:26 pm

Sounds like an old Kodiak Batty. Is that the transmission your going to use?
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle EmptyFebruary 1st 2010, 9:42 pm

Im planning on using an NV4500
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mobile repair vehicle   mobile repair vehicle Empty

Back to top Go down

mobile repair vehicle
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next