Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

my wee o five rebuild thread...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

my wee o five rebuild thread... Empty
PostSubject: my wee o five rebuild thread...   my wee o five rebuild thread... EmptyJanuary 16th 2010, 11:54 pm

so, i scored a set of axles.... a d44/ford 9inch from a 68 ford bronco, for a friend who just recently successfully built a mustang2 on a bronco 2 frame... it has 351 winsor, with forged internals, and a decked block.... i gave him my axles, as he needed a pair for his new rig...... in exchange, he has offered to do all my machine work on a motor for me, as well as get me good internal parts for it..... he told me that with some work, and a little money, my little wee o five could crank 300 horse..... he's provoding me the pistons, crank, connecting rods, and gonna rework the heads for me...... he is a reputable engine builder here in my home town, and has built 15 dragcar motors that pulled 8's and 9' s...... he mostly does diesel rebuilds, he has a full engine machine shop...... my question is, is this wee o five worth building? I AM WANTING to keep this little truck as close to number matching as i can.... its a regular cab, short bed step side, with a factory matched paint job....
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: my wee o five rebuild thread...   my wee o five rebuild thread... EmptyJanuary 17th 2010, 12:00 am

the only thing on this truck not oem is the rims, and i am looking for a good clean set to go back on it.... the wee o five used to pull 24-25 mpg out on the highway, thats with a five speed manual, and 3.23 gearing.... its started to run rough, leak oil, and uses a little as well..... im not sure a hotrod 305 is worth putting money into.... would it be better to use a 350, and then keep the 305 and put it back in with new rings, and seals whe time to sell?
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: my wee o five rebuild thread...   my wee o five rebuild thread... EmptyJanuary 17th 2010, 12:16 am

If you already have the 305, keep it. They are not bad engines. Hope to see more updates on this and some pictures please.
Back to top Go down
semocoachworks
Valued Member
Valued Member
semocoachworks

PostSubject: Re: my wee o five rebuild thread...   my wee o five rebuild thread... EmptyJanuary 17th 2010, 12:29 am

yep, for an original, the 305 will be fine.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: my wee o five rebuild thread...   my wee o five rebuild thread... EmptyJanuary 17th 2010, 4:22 pm

Yeah I've seen some narly 305's they really are diamonds in the rough!! When I rebuild my 350 I'm gonna put 305 heads on my motor to boost compression!! I vote if your keeping it oem then keep the 305!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my wee o five rebuild thread...   my wee o five rebuild thread... Empty

Back to top Go down

my wee o five rebuild thread...
Page 1 of 1