Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

My Toy

Go down 
+3
007jimmy
merlin5577
FaselZ71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

My Toy Empty
PostSubject: My Toy   My Toy EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 3:49 pm

My toy is a 92 GMC Z71 4x4 Ext Cab with the TBI 5.7L v8 700r4 trans and currently has the NP241 TC with stock 3.42 gears... Currently the truck has a 2" lift and leveling kit on it and I was running a set of 35" gumbos on 14 wide rims however after numerous hot knifings and lots and lots of miles they developed a severe death wobble so I downgraded to the stock rims wrapped in a 285/65/16's. Soon though I pray before winter the truck will have a rebuilt tranny(for the second time due to a broken detent cable) and it will also have a SAS done to it I have a Dana 44HD to throw under the front and a Corprate 14 bolt FF to toss under the rear and I'm gonna rest the whole unit on a set of 37" Super Swamper TSL's!!! I'm gonna run a crossover steering setup with 7" drop shackles up front 4 lift springs and I'm swapping out the NP241 for a NP208 to run the GM 44... As far as the rear end goes I'm gonna add 3 leaves and flip the rear shackles and run my 2" blocks... I'm building a custom front bumper that will include a reese reciever and grill guard the rear with hold just a standard drop bumper. Around income tax time I will be upgrading to 4.88 yukon gears and running a true dual exhaust setup with headers. I also will be addressing the infamous 14 BT weak link with help from High Angle Driveline with there 1410 series yoke for the 14 bolt which eminates the u joint straps with u joint u bolts... which will also require me to get a custom drive shaft make to accept the 1410 series slip yoke that comes with the kit. After that I plan to obtain a detriot locker that will rest nicely inside my 10.5's massive open carrier and get a full spool for my front axle to run full time traction when the hubs are engaged... I'm also planning on rebuilding my 5.7L with a complete rering and gasket set I'm gonna reuse the crank rods and pistons but I'm debating on swapping out for 5L headsor just keeping the 5.7L heads but I will upgrade the intake to a edelbrock RPM intake and a mild cam the engine will also be getting a high volume oil and water pump with twin eletric fans and underdrive pulleys... My trans is already getting upgraded clutch plates and a stage 1 shift kit I'm getting a corvette servo installed and a different governor(so I'm told by my tranny guy) I also plan on upgrading my fuel pump... As far as brakes go I'm not to crazy about brakes and everything but I'm gonna get vented rotors and a drum to disk brake conversion kit for my 14bt so that way I can have disk breaks all 4 corners. But that's about it for now I'm sure the list will grow as time goes on like body work stuff... I'm not to concerned with body work and whatnot although I hate rust I live with it for now because when push comes to shove it's always the rusty beater's that end up pulling you out!! But now for the pictures of what I have so far!!!!

This is a pictures of me and my rig out at Twisted Trails Off-Road Park!!!
My Toy Mymuddytruck
My Toy Meandkenny
My Toy Muddy
My Toy Stuck1
My Toy Meandkatie
My Toy Hillclimber1

Here are some pics of me out wheeling when my truck was stock!!!
My Toy MyTruck015
My Toy MyTruck016
My Toy MyTruck018
My Toy Picture040
My Toy MyTruck005

Stuck shots when it was stock!!
My Toy MyTruck006
My Toy Mytruckstuck

Breaking in the truck the right way! Just seeing what it can do!!
My Toy Mystocker
My Toy L_2a4c04a2dafd4c0d961774778bb816cb
My Toy L_406b5cf21b0a45d0a53930593a289b0c
My Toy L_f25e7f1ba2844142a9f53978f362c54d
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

My Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Toy   My Toy EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 4:00 pm

Oh man, thats one hell of a plan. Sounds pretty solid though. Should be one heck of a beast when done.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

My Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Toy   My Toy EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 4:01 pm

Truck is looking great by the way, must have been a fun day.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

My Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Toy   My Toy EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 4:12 pm

Yeah it's a crazy plan I alreay have alot of the parts just afew more hundred and I'll have everything!!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

My Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Toy   My Toy EmptyAugust 16th 2009, 4:16 pm

Good luck bud, keep us updated.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

My Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Toy   My Toy EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 9:43 am

Oh you guys will definalty be the first to know when I get new parts and new picks!! Something I forgot to mention last time is I also have all spicer joint's for my truck when SAS is complete it'll have harder steel spicer heavy duty spicer ball joint... Not those cheap butt ones that have plastic retainers these one are steel inside and out!!! I also have Spicer 1310 series sealed u joints for the front driveline and T-case and a 1310 to 1350 series seal u joint for the business end of the rear driveline. And Spicer sealed/hardened axle joints for my front axle! It's great having friends and family in the auto parts industry!! The pic below is only $75 worth of parts my cost! Normally they'd be about 150ish out the door!

My Toy Newparts
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

My Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Toy   My Toy EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 9:55 am

you still didnt get that thing sas... guess i am gonna beat you to it... my shits coming apart right after the east coast show season is over... or as soon as i bust me front diff any worse then it is... i dont think you saw the new c10... i think you likey... lol
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

My Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Toy   My Toy EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 10:47 am

Well the problem is I have all the parts but the guy with the hoist and welder and all the tools saidlet's wait til the trans is done so we can pull it in and out when we are not working on it then the trans got done and we got ready to work on it then the trans went out again so now it's on the back burner again and I'm waiting for my new trans then it will get done
Back to top Go down
BombDocDiesel
BombDocDiesel

My Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Toy   My Toy EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 11:20 pm

That's a hell of a plan on that truck!! Good luck man. We sold our '94 a few years back at 248K and it was still runnin' strong.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

My Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Toy   My Toy EmptyAugust 17th 2009, 11:53 pm

nice truck and nice game plan.. can't wait to see pics of it all done
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

My Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Toy   My Toy EmptyAugust 18th 2009, 12:32 am

Fasel, do you still have the original rims? I want them. I think they would look good on mine.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

My Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Toy   My Toy EmptyAugust 18th 2009, 9:17 am

**Update** I just talked to my trans guy last night!! Ran into him at he gas station... He said he's super slow this week as far as normal repairs go so he should definalty have time this week to get his "on the side cash work" done!!!! So good lord willing my trans should be done by Saturday!!! cheers

93.... The stock rims are back on my truck because my gumbo's began to death wobble terribly bad but yes I do still have them plus another set of stockers and a different set of aftermarket 16" 6 lug if you pm me your zipcode I'll get you quote for shipping and I'll float you the OEM stockers for free but I'll send you pics of the aftermarket ones if your interested but I have to have atleast $125 for those because that's how much I bought them for...
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

My Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Toy   My Toy EmptyAugust 18th 2009, 12:18 pm

Yay! New transmissions are the best! lol.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

My Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Toy   My Toy EmptyAugust 18th 2009, 1:34 pm

Yeah they are and so are new detent cable's so that my new trans last longer then 3 days!!!!
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

My Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Toy   My Toy EmptyAugust 22nd 2009, 10:36 pm

Hey, cant wait to see it done. You could go the easy way and buy an old truck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Toy   My Toy Empty

Back to top Go down

My Toy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Off-Topic :: Pride and Joy-
Jump to: