Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Mazda's Last Forever

Go down 
+11
batty1214
GMCTRUCKS
79_bronco
FaselZ71
f150dailydragger
johnboggs21
1993GMCSierra
007jimmy
Jared Olson for SO IL
merlin5577
Trucker_Eric
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 10:53 am

7.3 L = 445.473 in³
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 1:23 pm

oh, ok, i didnt know what the hell yall were alking about, now i get, the ci of the engine, right.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 2:00 pm

yup
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 4:32 pm

John, your math is correct, 7.3L X 61 = 445.3xx inches..... HOWEVER.... The engine itself is 444 cubic inches. If you divide 444 by 61 you get 7.278..... and International chose to round it up to 7.3Ls.

I know its confusing but because of rounding you could be 6 inches off and have the same displacement in liters.

http://www.internationalpowerstroke.com/73psd.html
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 4:50 pm

this site is doomed, the mods don't even stay on topic Laughing
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 7:40 pm

79_bronco wrote:
i don't think those years were available with factory 4x4.. joe is the c10 buff, he'd know before i would.. i'm just a ford guy lol
They sure are available with 4x4..... I owned 1, it was a 71 1/2 otn, shortbed,with a 383 stroker about to blow....... I traded my cousin it for his 72 3/4 ton long bed with a 427bb that was about to blow..... didnt take too long.... and now its sitting next to the 2 wheel drive version of it, that needs to be bagged and dropped.......
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 8:13 pm

yeah, what the hell? mazdas do last forever you know.

back on topic, i found out today that my whole welded exhaust system rusted, the muffler is doomed.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 8:14 pm

Time to upgrade Eric, stacks through the bed!
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 24th 2009, 8:37 pm

stacks are for diesels, not little mazdas.. that would ruin the truck
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 25th 2009, 9:27 am

im thinking about just getting a new exhaust kit for it, not duals, i wish, lol, not on a inline 4, but ill just go and get a new stock exhaust system. i aint doing no rice can crap on it, thats for them guys with honda civics
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 25th 2009, 10:47 am

Sounds like a smart move Eric. The stock system has served you well, dont mess with a good thing. You could step up to a performance muffler if you wanted a little more rumble.
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 25th 2009, 2:11 pm

i dont know, im on low budget right now and the exhaust isnt rusted by the manifold s im ot going to worry about it right now. main things are the tune up and the front end suspension work that needs sone, and i gotta fix the gas gauge, doesnt work right now
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 25th 2009, 9:03 pm

the gas gauge is a typical thing to fix on a truck as old as yours.. simple fix though, guarantee it's the sending unit switch
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 26th 2009, 10:12 am

its actually a corroded wire to the sending unit, we were messin with it on thursday and when my dad moved the wire, itshowed the right amount of gas in the tank (about 3/4) and when he let it go, back down to E
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 26th 2009, 1:23 pm

really? wow.. wonder if it was replaced at 1 point, because they're usually shot by this time.. good, it's a quick, easy, CHEAP fix lol
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 26th 2009, 2:50 pm

most of the things on this truck are not really pricy, whch is a plus for me. the spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, all easy, even the strut bushing kit for both sides in the front are only 42 bucks, and i need to fix the tailgate.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 26th 2009, 3:40 pm

nice, but a penny saved is a penny able to be spent elsewhere! lol it's held to the sending unit with a rivet, right?
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 26th 2009, 6:48 pm

im not sure, i couldnt really see it, thats what my dad said itwas just a corroded wire connected to the sending unit.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyDecember 26th 2009, 7:32 pm

i'm not sure how mazda does theirs.. i never really messed with 1, but if it's just a rivet.. drill it out, clip the connector off the wire, replace it and re-rivet it to the sending unit and you'll be good to go cheers
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyJanuary 8th 2010, 6:15 am

well, lately, the darn thing has been working, and sometimes it quits working, but my mom blew a heater hose in her mini van, so she has to use my truck and i can use... uh, nothing! i also found out while i was underneath the truck i have to replace the carrier bearing, thats going to be real fun!
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyJanuary 8th 2010, 12:46 pm

gets your CB whips yet? lol
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyJanuary 8th 2010, 2:21 pm

i got one, i havent installed the radio yet nor the whip but i went out and bought a 48" fiberglass marine/truck antenna. im going to mount it either on one of the mirrors or on the drivers side front part of the bed.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyJanuary 8th 2010, 2:43 pm

how much u pay for one?
Back to top Go down
$/$-AMX
Valued Member
Valued Member
$/$-AMX

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyJanuary 8th 2010, 2:51 pm

Mazda ? that is nothing more then and Imported Ford, yet they Start run drive steer and stop a lot better then a Ford scratch

CB radio's ? whip's ? the 70's called they want there technology back Laughing Cb radios . . .

Mike
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 EmptyJanuary 8th 2010, 3:06 pm

unless u havent noticed my truck is a 71 so why not have a CB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mazda's Last Forever
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Off-Topic :: Pride and Joy-
Jump to: