Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

HELP!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

HELP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: HELP!!!!   HELP!!!! EmptyNovember 7th 2009, 10:12 pm

I am working on a 1998 Chevrolet Topkick, C6500.... It has a 3116 Caterpillar Diesel, and a 7 speed Spicer trans....... I am having problems with the Speedometer, and Tachometer.... They have never worked, and Im not sure why...... I didnt care until MSHA told me that the mine trucks have to have working gauges..... all of them..... so, I am needing to find wiring diagrahms of this truck........ I have replaced the gauge cluster, and it didnt change anything...... All the other gauges work, minus these 2......... Im needing info on where to find the speed output sensor, and where the tachometer ties in.....
Back to top Go down
semocoachworks
Valued Member
Valued Member
semocoachworks

HELP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!   HELP!!!! EmptyNovember 7th 2009, 10:27 pm

Tach should be on top behind fan hub or around front cover and speedo should be in the bellhousing.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

HELP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!   HELP!!!! EmptyNovember 8th 2009, 12:56 am

Okay, that helps...... do you know of anywhere I can find the schematics for this truck? I have 5 of them that I take care of, so it would be nice to have them......
Back to top Go down
semocoachworks
Valued Member
Valued Member
semocoachworks

HELP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!   HELP!!!! EmptyNovember 8th 2009, 1:28 am

PM me an email or something and I can send them to you monday. I have 2 of the topkicks and I have all the service/parts manuals for them. They are on my shop computer or I have the actual manuals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HELP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!   HELP!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Trucks :: General motors-
Jump to: