Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Could the Prius be banned?

Go down 
+3
stealthdawg09
johnboggs21
merlin5577
7 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Could the Prius be banned? Empty
PostSubject: Could the Prius be banned?   Could the Prius be banned? EmptyOctober 8th 2009, 12:45 am

Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Could the Prius be banned?   Could the Prius be banned? EmptyOctober 8th 2009, 9:49 am

I hope so too.
Back to top Go down
stealthdawg09
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Could the Prius be banned?   Could the Prius be banned? EmptyOctober 8th 2009, 1:12 pm

I hope so!!!
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Could the Prius be banned?   Could the Prius be banned? EmptyOctober 8th 2009, 5:56 pm

Yeah I must go with the masses on this on... As stated in the comments section of the link... It's about time something happened to take Toyota down in the U.S. Now that the eco minded freaks cn't get their foreign pieces of crap now they can focus on buying cars that are American made and still eco friendly and perhaps even start bring America out of this slump and revive the U.S. auto industry!
Back to top Go down
stealthdawg09
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Could the Prius be banned?   Could the Prius be banned? EmptyOctober 8th 2009, 7:30 pm

FaselZ71 wrote:
It's about time something happened to take Toyota down in the U.S!

I second that! Now I want to have those Toyota's to be lined up and run over by monster trucks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Could the Prius be banned?   Could the Prius be banned? EmptyOctober 8th 2009, 8:15 pm

That would be really entertaining!!!
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: Could the Prius be banned?   Could the Prius be banned? EmptyOctober 8th 2009, 8:23 pm

toyota actually has auto manufacturing plants here in the usa.... which provides jobs for some of the people here in our land..... i do however, agree, that the prius is nothing but an over grown croquett ball, and should be used as such....... also, they might just make some pretty sweet tree stands..... you know, drive/push it into the woods, set up a good base for it, and with 4 buys on ladders, haul it up and set it on the base...... just think, with a solar panel or two, you could have a heater, radio, and drink holders while still being quiet enough not to scare off the deer, and enviromentally friendly at the same time!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Could the Prius be banned?   Could the Prius be banned? EmptyOctober 8th 2009, 8:26 pm

batty1214 wrote:
toyota actually has auto manufacturing plants here in the usa.... which provides jobs for some of the people here in our land..... i do however, agree, that the prius is nothing but an over grown croquett ball, and should be used as such....... also, they might just make some pretty sweet tree stands..... you know, drive/push it into the woods, set up a good base for it, and with 4 buys on ladders, haul it up and set it on the base...... just think, with a solar panel or two, you could have a heater, radio, and drink holders while still being quiet enough not to scare off the deer, and enviromentally friendly at the same time!!!!! cheers

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! That's quite a funny mental image! lol

lol!
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Could the Prius be banned?   Could the Prius be banned? EmptyOctober 8th 2009, 8:55 pm

batty1214 wrote:

problem with having factories here, is that the money thats made by them doesnt stay here.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: Could the Prius be banned?   Could the Prius be banned? EmptyOctober 8th 2009, 10:38 pm

johnboggs21 wrote:
problem with having factories here, is that the money thats made by them doesnt stay here.[/quote] that is all debatable...... if you want to look at it that way, then halliburton, weatherford, eog, some divisions of caterpillar, some divisions of john deere, and alot of other large companies/corporations fall into that same problem area..... they are based out of the country....... did you know that the worlds largest man made hole, also a copper mine is owned by the queen of england? oh, as is 5 of the largest gold mines in western united states...... oh, she also owns BP Petroleum, and a few silver mines, and some other stuff that would bother folks if they knew it... im not bothered by the fact that an out of country owns the companies, due to the fact that alot of those big companies employ, and pay alot of people that do live here..... and their money goes back into the economy... if foreign owned companies closed their doors in the usa, this nation would be in serious crap
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Could the Prius be banned?   Could the Prius be banned? EmptyOctober 9th 2009, 6:57 am

batty1214 wrote:
johnboggs21 wrote:
problem with having factories here, is that the money thats made by them doesnt stay here.
that is all debatable...... if you want to look at it that way, then halliburton, weatherford, eog, some divisions of caterpillar, some divisions of john deere, and alot of other large companies/corporations fall into that same problem area..... they are based out of the country....... did you know that the worlds largest man made hole, also a copper mine is owned by the queen of england? oh, as is 5 of the largest gold mines in western united states...... oh, she also owns BP Petroleum, and a few silver mines, and some other stuff that would bother folks if they knew it... im not bothered by the fact that an out of country owns the companies, due to the fact that alot of those big companies employ, and pay alot of people that do live here..... and their money goes back into the economy... if foreign owned companies closed their doors in the usa, this nation would be in serious crap[/quote]

I see what your trying to say here batty. If toyota couldnt sell cars here anymore, like the prius, it would result in more unemployment, BUT then people have to buy from somewhere else. Hopefully a GM, Ford, or Chrysler product. That will cause an incease in production wherever they buy from, and then that company will have to hire more people to meet demands.

I'm not disagreeing with what your saying, just saying what I think.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: Could the Prius be banned?   Could the Prius be banned? EmptyOctober 9th 2009, 5:10 pm

I see your point as Well there John, and I dont mean to come across as trying to argue...... I do wish the Toyota would have some of their vehicles kept out, but in the same token, I really wish the the American auto makers would follow suit of the foreign cars, especially te diesel cars..... I would buy a chevy car if it blew a little black smoke and got 55 mpg like the Volswagon Jettas, and I also would love to be able to buy a Chevy/Gmc small pickup with a diesel in it...... you know, 35 mpg with a chevy colorado? that would be cool.........
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: Could the Prius be banned?   Could the Prius be banned? EmptyOctober 10th 2009, 12:15 am

With the inovations in DI, a 35 mpg 475 v6 is possible. Chevy already makes a nearly 400 horse I-4 using DI.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Could the Prius be banned?   Could the Prius be banned? EmptyOctober 10th 2009, 1:13 am

batty1214 wrote:
I see your point as Well there John, and I dont mean to come across as trying to argue...... I do wish the Toyota would have some of their vehicles kept out, but in the same token, I really wish the the American auto makers would follow suit of the foreign cars, especially te diesel cars..... I would buy a chevy car if it blew a little black smoke and got 55 mpg like the Volswagon Jettas, and I also would love to be able to buy a Chevy/Gmc small pickup with a diesel in it...... you know, 35 mpg with a chevy colorado? that would be cool.........

I gotta completely agree with ya there.
Back to top Go down
Ahillbilly

Ahillbilly

PostSubject: Re: Could the Prius be banned?   Could the Prius be banned? EmptyOctober 11th 2009, 11:55 pm

I really wish the the American auto makers would follow suit of the foreign cars, especially te diesel cars..... I would buy a chevy car if it blew a little black smoke and got 55 mpg like the Volswagon Jettas, and I also would love to be able to buy a Chevy/Gmc small pickup with a diesel in it...... you know, 35 mpg with a chevy colorado? that would be cool.........[/quote]
I have to agree with many of these statements people have made. The big Three can make some great cars and trucks but they all seem do do things just to piss people off. For instance you should not have to remove a motor mount and tilt the engine to remove spark plugs on some models or an alternator that only lasts 30k and need half dozen or so wrenches to try to remove the thing, wires that are too thin, switches that fall apart. I purchased American cars for my kids and I repair and maintain them and sometimes when I work on these things I feel like the engineers realy don't want you to buy their product. I think there is no reason a light pickup truck should not get 30 mpg , some of the old Hino 2 tons trucks get over 20mpg. Some of this forein stuf is over rated like the Vw Jetta nice looking much over rated If you sat on the bumper it could fall off or pull too hard on the doer handle and it pops off but they are amazingly reliable and the diesels got very good fuel economy.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: Could the Prius be banned?   Could the Prius be banned? EmptyOctober 12th 2009, 12:07 am

you know, the japanese auto companies have begun a new vehicle design standard......the engineers, designers, mechanical engineers, all have to drive and do ALL maintaince to the new vehicles for a set amount of time before they can begin production....... i read it in a global mining magazine, where they have started the same practice with the heavy equipment.... Its about time!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ahillbilly

Ahillbilly

PostSubject: Re: Could the Prius be banned?   Could the Prius be banned? EmptyOctober 13th 2009, 6:55 am

batty1214 wrote:
you know, the japanese auto companies have begun a new vehicle design standard......the engineers, designers, mechanical engineers, all have to drive and do ALL maintaince to the new vehicles for a set amount of time before they can begin production....... i read it in a global mining magazine, where they have started the same practice with the heavy equipment.... Its about time!!!!
You said it it should be mandatory here too. I don't know how many times I have worked on stuff and said what are these people thinking when they designed some of this stuff cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could the Prius be banned?   Could the Prius be banned? Empty

Back to top Go down

Could the Prius be banned?
Page 1 of 1