Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

New to the forum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BombDocDiesel
BombDocDiesel

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 11th 2009, 11:48 pm

Hey everyone. I'm Josh. New to this forum but not new to cars and trucks. Hopefully I can be a contributing member here and learn more along the way.

Rides:
"SLICK" 2008 Chevrolet 2500HD LT 4X4 Z71 CC/SB D/A Silver Birch Metallic
BANKS Ram-Air w/Scoop and Monster Exhaust, EconoMind w/PDA and DynaFact Gauges
BD driver's side exhaust manifold, AMSOIL Fluids and AMSOIL Dual Remote ByPass oil filter on frame mount,
PCV ReRoute, EGR blocker sitting here taunting me to get smaller hands and install it, A.R.E. Z Shell,Tekonsha P3,
Sony iPod control head unit, Scosche dash mount, Metra OnStar adapter, PAC SWI, Infinity Reference 6.5s in the doors, JL Audio Stealthbox w/ two 10" subs, JL Audio 500/1v2 Amp, All Streetwires blue accs
"CHUM" 2000 Chevrolet 2500 WT 2WD RC/LB Summit White Cummins 24-Valve/NV4500
EZ, Fooled, Autometer Gauges, Boost/EGT in pillar and Fuel Pressure on column; LS Seats and Console, '05 PYOs, BD Short throw, AirDog150.
2007 Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide Black, Stage 1, Dynapac, V&H, lowered
2005 Haulmark Low-Hauler

Favorite Quote:
"The Cummins is like the vajayjay; it's the only piece we want but we will put up with what it's a part of as long as we get to use it."
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 11th 2009, 11:50 pm

Wow, that was quick. lol. Glad you got the link.

Glad to have you Josh.
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 11th 2009, 11:51 pm

Welcome aboard. Nice to see word is getting out quite quick. The site is in its infancy, but inside of a few short months, I am hoping we will have it rockin again!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 11th 2009, 11:52 pm

Junior you will drool when you see Josh's trucks. They are gorgeous! And the 2000 is one of the nicest Cummins convertions I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 11th 2009, 11:53 pm

I look forward to it... there is a Pride and Joy forum where you can show them off bud!
Back to top Go down
BombDocDiesel
BombDocDiesel

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 11th 2009, 11:55 pm

Thanks Robert. Just give me a few months to get the Allison, PI converter and destroked parts in there and a few more to have my D60 under the front and she'll be done. Until I pick up the '05 cab and front clip.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 11th 2009, 11:57 pm

She is a beaut and will only get better. I cant wait to see the finished truck.
Back to top Go down
BombDocDiesel
BombDocDiesel

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 12th 2009, 12:02 am

Chum

New to the forum Chumnewbadge
New to the forum Chumnewbadge1
New to the forum Interior
New to the forum ChumUH
New to the forum ChumUH1
New to the forum Intake
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 12th 2009, 12:04 am

wait a minute..... I take it this was an engine swap right? I am lost cause I thought GM used Duramax and Cummins was Dodge......
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 12th 2009, 12:06 am

Yes Junior, its a swap. Thats why I said it was one of the cleanest conversions I had ever seen. lol!
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 12th 2009, 12:07 am

AHA! now I get it... sorry... momentary brain fart! LMAO
Back to top Go down
BombDocDiesel
BombDocDiesel

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 12th 2009, 12:09 am

The least common swap. I can't own a Dodge, no offense to anyone but the VINs don't start with 1. It's a light duty truck with a Cummins swap. It started life as a 6.0/4L80. The 4L80 died about 30K back and the 24 Valve/NV4500 went in.
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 12th 2009, 12:11 am

Wait... the VIN's don't start with 1? we are talking about the Vehicle Identification Number right? am I understanding this right? and if so... ummmm... what? lol
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 12th 2009, 12:12 am

Dodge trucks VINs start with 3, indicating they're manufactured in Mexico. He wont buy anything but American, which would have a 1 for the first digit.
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 12th 2009, 12:14 am

Interesting..... definitely a unique point of view.... I like it
Back to top Go down
BombDocDiesel
BombDocDiesel

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 12th 2009, 12:17 am

Everything I own starts with a 1 if I can make it happen with one exception. I'm a Soldier so not only do I support and defend this great country but I believe in buying products made here in our country by American companies.

Exception: I buy Glocks because they work. They do make parts in Georgia now. I own a lot of firearms mostly US Made.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 12th 2009, 12:18 am

BombDocDiesel wrote:
Everything I own starts with a 1 if I can make it happen.

+1,000,000

All my trucks start with a 1
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 12th 2009, 12:20 am

AHA!!!!! Both of mine do too! hehehe....LOL
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 13th 2009, 1:56 am

wow... beautiful peice of art you have there... now drop it like its hot and throw some 20s on it... lol.. j/k...
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 13th 2009, 1:59 am

im safe too.. all 3 of my trucks start with 1... my quad however is a honda so.....
Back to top Go down
BombDocDiesel
BombDocDiesel

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 13th 2009, 10:26 pm

007, Thanks! I thought about lowering it and dragging the crap out of it! I think I would rather throw the D60 and coil-overs or bags under it.
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyAugust 13th 2009, 10:59 pm

Amen! I am for that! LAMO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Empty

Back to top Go down

New to the forum
Page 1 of 1