Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Turbochargers design and related parts

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Turbochargers design and related parts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbochargers design and related parts   Turbochargers design and related parts - Page 2 EmptyOctober 25th 2009, 10:23 pm

johnboggs21 wrote:
the way i understand it, a turbo essentially raises your effective compression ratio.

True to a point. The piston and cylinder head will have the most effect on compression ratio. The reason FI does increase compression ratio (to a point) is the boost forcing more air then normal into the cylinder when the intake valves open.

johnboggs21 wrote:
The higher your compression ratio, the higher your cylinder pressure. Correct me if im wrong in my thinking.

Not always true. Like I said before, cylinder pressure is the force applied to the piston as it moves down. It has more to do with the fuel type and burn effiency then compression ratio.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Turbochargers design and related parts   Turbochargers design and related parts - Page 2 EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 4:29 pm

Wow ok...

Turbochargers design and related parts - Page 2 Sign0023

All this diesel talk is gonna give mean anurizum!! lol
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Turbochargers design and related parts   Turbochargers design and related parts - Page 2 EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 5:40 pm

dddaaarrrtttt... duuuurrr.. ttttteeeeeeeeeeeee... mmmmeeeeee.... ssssslllllaaaammmmeeeerrrrrr......

hahahah
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Turbochargers design and related parts   Turbochargers design and related parts - Page 2 EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 6:00 pm

Turbochargers design and related parts - Page 2 Happy0084WTF!!!Turbochargers design and related parts - Page 2 Happy0084
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Turbochargers design and related parts   Turbochargers design and related parts - Page 2 EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 8:01 pm

lol.. yeah its been one of them days,, haha
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Turbochargers design and related parts   Turbochargers design and related parts - Page 2 EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 8:06 pm

You and me both man!!! Found out today that H1N1 is in my neighborhood and that 2 schools in my town have cosed for illness!! Been one of those days for sure!!!
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Turbochargers design and related parts   Turbochargers design and related parts - Page 2 EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 9:17 pm

this is what we have for closings ATM:
http://www.wnem.com/closings/index.html
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Turbochargers design and related parts   Turbochargers design and related parts - Page 2 EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 9:27 pm

merlin5577 wrote:

Not always true. Like I said before, cylinder pressure is the force applied to the piston as it moves down. It has more to do with the fuel type and burn effiency then compression ratio.

So your saying that the force of compression on a piston doesnt affect cylinder pressure? I understand that fuel type and burn efficency can affect it, but a high compression motor with something like a 24.5:1 compression ratio, the high compression does create pressure on the piston and cylinder. The air inside does not want to be compressed, and when its compressed it creates heat and PRESSURE.

Your turn my friend. lol!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Turbochargers design and related parts   Turbochargers design and related parts - Page 2 EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 9:31 pm

johnboggs21 wrote:
merlin5577 wrote:

So your saying that the force of compression on a piston doesnt affect cylinder pressure? I understand that fuel type and burn efficency can affect it, but a high compression motor with something like a 24.5:1 compression ratio, the high compression does create pressure on the piston and cylinder. The air inside does not want to be compressed, and when its compressed it creates heat and PRESSURE.

Your turn my friend. lol!

lol! I thought we where talking about the differences in pressure, not the presence of pressure. So yes, there is pressure in the cylinder during compression, thats a given. But, cylinder pressure during the compression stroke is WAY lower then cylinder pressure during the power stroke. Think about this, if I threw a cup of air at you, and a cup of exploding fuel, which would make you move faster?

I rest my case. lol!
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Turbochargers design and related parts   Turbochargers design and related parts - Page 2 EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 9:38 pm

OK i understand what your getting at now. I have to agree pressure on the power stroke would definitly be greater.

Speakin of that i heard something to help me remember the 4 strokes today that yall might like.

Intake=suck
Compression=squeeze
Power=Bang
Exhaust=Blow

So, suck squeeze bang blow. lol!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Turbochargers design and related parts   Turbochargers design and related parts - Page 2 EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 9:40 pm

Thats exactly the way my professor told us so we would remember it! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turbochargers design and related parts   Turbochargers design and related parts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Turbochargers design and related parts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2