Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles

Go down 
+3
batty1214
TruckAddict
merlin5577
7 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles Empty
PostSubject: General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles   General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles EmptyAugust 28th 2009, 12:10 am

Quote :
General Motors Co. plans to cease putting its corporate "GM" logo on the side of its vehicles in the coming model years following decision by the company's management team to put more emphasis on individual brands instead of the parent company.

GM spokesman Terry Rhadigan said the decision to remove the logo – known as the GM "Mark of Excellence" – was made earlier in the month by GM's newly-formed executive committee. Mr. Rhadigan said the logos will be "gradually" phased out starting in the 2010 model year.

The auto maker earlier in the year filed bankruptcy protection and emerged quickly thanks to a $50 billion funding commitment from the U.S. government. GM has in the past year decided to sell or kill four of the eight brands, including Hummer, Pontiac, Saab and Saturn. The remaining brands are Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac and GMC.
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles   General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles EmptySeptember 24th 2009, 2:13 am

I still think it was a huge mistake to shut down the Pontiac Brand. I can see getting rid of the others but not one of the big ones from way back when. I sometimes wonder if the Pontiac brand may even come back though.
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles   General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles EmptySeptember 24th 2009, 1:52 pm

I could see Olds going even though I did not like it, but I think Buick should have gone before Pontiac did. Buick buyers are 100% loyal, I agree. But those loyal Buick buyers are at the age now, most of them are or almost back in diapers, and not needing a new car often at all, and not going to be around for the long haul, like the younger generations more attracted to the sportier Pontiacs. Poor marketing decision in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles   General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles EmptySeptember 24th 2009, 8:58 pm

yeah, the buick buyers may be old enough not too need a new car that often, but i do notice alot of them are driving brand new, bigger cars than the year previous..... the pontiac brand was killed off, due to the drop in sales of the pontiac cars. unfortunaly, the number of buick buyers in the baby boomers out numbered those that buy and drive the pontiacs
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles   General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles EmptySeptember 24th 2009, 10:25 pm

That could be very true. The renaming the models to G's wasn't to swift, like the G6 and G8 which replaced Grand Am and Grand Prix. There was not hype of bringing back the TA firebird with the Camaro, and GTO was an Austrailia made overpriced flop. They did it to themselves. I just hope to see it come back. And if it doesn't that will be OK too. I just don't think there is a Buicl model that will makes waves, like say the GTO or Firebird, or an Olds Cutlass, or 442. Something tells me Pontiac or Olds may be back, but then agian, they may not. It cost alot of money bring back a brand name. Reopening dealerships, signage, literature etc.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles   General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles EmptySeptember 30th 2009, 10:32 am

I think by dropping the GM logo will cause the drop in their loyal name brand fans.

I've always been a GM / Chev fan Maybe I don't understand... But I'm not gonna be a fan of Government Motors
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles   General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles EmptySeptember 30th 2009, 11:46 am

There not dropping the GM logo all together, just from the side of the cars & trucks.

General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles Z06gmbadgezoom_opt
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles   General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles EmptySeptember 30th 2009, 12:36 pm

merlin5577 wrote:
There not dropping the GM logo all together, just from the side of the cars & trucks.

General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles Thinking Oh !!!! sorry I guess I read it wrong.. I thought they were doing away with it completely.

I'm guessing this is a cost saving measure ??? One lil step removed from the assembly process to save $$$ Oh well As long as they don't skip the installation of the steering wheel or the tires and rims. LOL General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles Cid_facesmack
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles   General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles EmptyNovember 23rd 2009, 8:02 pm

Hey now theres still some young people who like buicks lol My dad had one with a 3800 and it has 360000 on it
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles   General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles EmptyNovember 29th 2009, 8:34 pm

Not many. There are a few. I am thinking Buick Grand National was the last Young person car they built.
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles   General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles EmptyNovember 29th 2009, 8:41 pm

I would never drive a Buick, ever! They are grandma cars and i hate them.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles   General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles EmptyNovember 29th 2009, 8:42 pm

yeah.. unless you get these retard kids that think their early 90's skylark is 'pimp' lmao
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles   General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles EmptyNovember 29th 2009, 8:42 pm

Someones gotta buy em.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

not me, that's for sure lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles   General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles Empty

Back to top Go down

General Motors to Drop the 'GM' Name From Its Vehicles
Page 1 of 1