Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Long time and no picture post!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

Long time and no picture post! Empty
PostSubject: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyFebruary 25th 2012, 12:07 pm

Got an e-mail that somebody posted in an old thread I was subscribed to, so I decided to post one up of my own. I've done quite a bit to the Chevy lately.

Last time I posted a picture:

Long time and no picture post! Picture054-1

A little later:

Long time and no picture post! Picture415

A new change:

Long time and no picture post! Picture425
Long time and no picture post! Picture433

A few weeks ago with my favorite interior mod:

Long time and no picture post! Picture0204121333_1

Light mod and new shocks installed all the way around:

Long time and no picture post! 069
Long time and no picture post! 072
Long time and no picture post! 074

Last week (only have one installed during this picture, but both are on now):

Long time and no picture post! Picture0219121926_1

And about 20 minutes ago:

Long time and no picture post! Picture0225120951_1

Also got new tires for my "summer" wheels:

Long time and no picture post! IMG_3128

Let me know what you think of the new stuff!
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyFebruary 25th 2012, 12:42 pm

Wow! I like most of it lol. I prefer a toolbox to a camper shell but hey, to each his own. I like the brushguard. Still haven't gotten that chrome strip off I see lol.
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyFebruary 25th 2012, 3:28 pm

bigcountry78 wrote:
Wow! I like most of it lol. I prefer a toolbox to a camper shell but hey, to each his own. I like the brushguard. Still haven't gotten that chrome strip off I see lol.

I'll be running the tool box every now and then, but the camper shell is more function over form. Chrome strip will be coming off when it's warmer out. I got plenty of time now with my new job, the weather just sucks.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyFebruary 25th 2012, 10:09 pm

NICE It all looks great. I really like your tires and rims.
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyFebruary 26th 2012, 10:49 pm

Thanks! Definitely can't wait to mount the wheels and tires. Almost considering it sooner than later, but the county uses mag chloride on our roads and it eats everything, so I don't want to ruin my nice wheels, lol.
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyFebruary 26th 2012, 10:50 pm

And here are some better pictures:

Long time and no picture post! 003
Long time and no picture post! 005

And a couple from today. First one is after I had some fun in the driveway prior to it being plowed. The other is of my dirty interior, lol.

Long time and no picture post! 001-1
Long time and no picture post! 002-1
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyFebruary 26th 2012, 11:53 pm

Awesome picture... White trucks always look good
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyFebruary 27th 2012, 4:12 am

I see you've been yankin that stick...... Transfer case lever that is lOl
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyFebruary 27th 2012, 9:36 pm

bigcountry78 wrote:
I see you've been yankin that stick...... Transfer case lever that is lOl

Yup, I sure have been. And I did also put my truck into four wheel drive Wink

Putting the AT3's on at the shop at work tomorrow evening. My snow tires are practically bald now so it's time, lol.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyFebruary 27th 2012, 11:27 pm

looks good man.. glad to see your still lurking.. now get rid of them darn strips... they make me mad.. lol
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyFebruary 28th 2012, 12:27 am

Those are stick on chrome panels, aren't they? It kinda looks like the box chrome panel is missing.
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyFebruary 28th 2012, 1:37 am

How about a review? I been lookin at those for my next set
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyFebruary 28th 2012, 9:13 am

I've had a truck with them chrome panels...

They do a great job at protecting the truck from stone chips.
They are stuck to the truck with strong double sided tape. The tape is a continues strip surrounding the circumferences of each panel.
If the tape has an opening or break in the circumference, moisture and road crap will get in between the chrome panel and the body panel. = that 4 letter word. RUST.
That's my review There are good and bad
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyFebruary 28th 2012, 1:11 pm

Thanks. But I was talking about a tire review lol about the cooper at3
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyFebruary 28th 2012, 2:05 pm

Oooops Smile
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyFebruary 28th 2012, 8:41 pm

Put 20 miles on the Coopers on the drive home tonight. Very little road noise and they ride excellent. Goosed it a little in my icy driveway and they grip really well. Going to give them a bit of a test this week when I go up to Eureka for a work related function, and the highway up to there is crappy so we will see how they do then.

As for the chrome stick on panels, yes that's what they are and yes I removed the ones from the box and the front fenders. I will be taking the other four off in the next couple weeks at our shop, but we had a water leak in our truck wash so I wouldn't have been able to spray the truck off afterwards tonight and won't have time for the rest of the week.
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyMarch 2nd 2012, 2:34 am

So any more info on the tires? That camper shell is kinda growin on me. I can see the benefit of gobs of dry, secure storage.
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyMarch 2nd 2012, 7:33 pm

Well, the tires are great, but they rub somewhere that I can't seem to find. Easy solution: I purchased a body lift and it should be here next week sometime and installed in the next couple of weeks.

I would not hesitate to buy these tires. They are great!
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyMarch 3rd 2012, 2:09 am

Well that's good to know. I like my master craft at2's that I've got now but it'll probly come down to price between the two lol
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyMarch 5th 2012, 3:12 am

look for wear marks on the sway bar and tierods.. or perhaps the inner fender... usually the tire will be the first sign on wheres its hitting and then youll notice a shiney spot on whaterver its hitting.. i rubbed on the side cladding and inner fender bolt in the back... nothing a little sledge and grinder wont take care of...
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyMarch 5th 2012, 3:15 am

by the looks of it your rubbing on your front bumper valance and perhaps your mud flaps but thats just my guess from looking at a side shot..
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyMarch 5th 2012, 10:11 pm

It's actually rubbing on the plastic inner fender of the truck. So a body lift will fix it right up. I never had an issue with the larger tires rubbing on any suspension components when mounted on these wheels, so I knew it wasn't that. And I never ran the older 33X12.50's with my leveling kit when they were brand new, so of course it was like "YEAH, NO RUBBING WITH 33'S!". I think if I had a small amount more of back spacing on these wheels, it wouldn't rub a tick but I digress.
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyMarch 8th 2012, 2:24 am

PICS!!!! We want pics of the body lift!!!! Well, I do anyway lol.
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyMarch 8th 2012, 11:00 pm

Going to hopefully install it on Sunday with a couple of buddies. Also going to take off the rest of that chrome this weekend.
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! EmptyMarch 9th 2012, 10:55 pm

Ok cool. Don't get slack on the pics lol jk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long time and no picture post!   Long time and no picture post! Empty

Back to top Go down

Long time and no picture post!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next