Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

IDI RECORD BREAKER

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

IDI RECORD BREAKER Empty
PostSubject: IDI RECORD BREAKER   IDI RECORD BREAKER EmptyMay 26th 2011, 10:19 pm

558 ft/lbs of TQ and 321 RWHP

IDI RECORD BREAKER F350Dyno
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

IDI RECORD BREAKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDI RECORD BREAKER   IDI RECORD BREAKER EmptyJune 8th 2011, 12:23 am

So John.. Is it true IDI engines need a little more cash to make big horsepower as apposed to SuperDuty and Cummings and Duramax engines?
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

IDI RECORD BREAKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDI RECORD BREAKER   IDI RECORD BREAKER EmptyJune 9th 2011, 10:28 pm

In2Trux wrote:
So John.. Is it true IDI engines need a little more cash to make big horsepower as apposed to SuperDuty and Cummings and Duramax engines?

There is no G in Cummins cheers

It might take more than just plugging in a tuner or tuning of the injection pump, most most IDI's are non turbo/intercooled, so they cant run as much fuel to make as much power, but if you look at starting cost of an IDI at a few grand for one in good shape you can afford to put quite a bit more money into them because they are cheap to begin with and pretty darn simple to keep running

with a turbo kit and an intercooler, you can turn up the fuel pump and make a decent amount of power, you could have $5000 into an IDI and make about 300rwhp, I have $30000 into my duramax and I can make 300rwhp stock and 475rwhp with a dangerous tune, which is the best bang for the buck?
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

IDI RECORD BREAKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDI RECORD BREAKER   IDI RECORD BREAKER EmptyJune 9th 2011, 11:13 pm

Sorry John. I don't mean to high jack your thread.... but I just have to ask the forums spell check a question.
$30,000 spent on your Duramax ??? And how much HP are you making????
Does this include the purchase price of the truck? Say yes. or I'm gonna LMAO and ask you to post a link or create a thread of your $30,000 worth or mods.

Again sorry John. I was just trying to create conversation before this post.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

IDI RECORD BREAKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDI RECORD BREAKER   IDI RECORD BREAKER EmptyJune 11th 2011, 10:37 am

In2Trux wrote:

In short, yes it does take more cash. You actaully have to get down and dirty to make power out of these, vs. just plugging in a chip into a newer computer controlled engine. I bet if I stuffed 30 grand into an IDI, I could get some insane numbers out of it.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

IDI RECORD BREAKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDI RECORD BREAKER   IDI RECORD BREAKER EmptyJune 11th 2011, 1:23 pm

johnboggs21 wrote:
In2Trux wrote:

.. I bet if I stuffed 30 grand into an IDI, I could get some insane numbers out of it.

LOL No doubt buddy.... No doubt. Smile
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

IDI RECORD BREAKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDI RECORD BREAKER   IDI RECORD BREAKER EmptyJune 12th 2011, 11:57 am

In2Trux wrote:
Sorry John. I don't mean to high jack your thread.... but I just have to ask the forums spell check a question.
$30,000 spent on your Duramax ??? And how much HP are you making????
Does this include the purchase price of the truck? Say yes. or I'm gonna LMAO and ask you to post a link or create a thread of your $30,000 worth or mods.

Again sorry John. I was just trying to create conversation before this post.

Yes Glenn the $30000 includes the purchase of my truck, $28000 and about $2000 in mods, and i currently have a tune on my DPS5(switch) that makes 415rwhp

I wasnt trying to be snooty or anything like that, its always bothered me when people spell it Cummings when there is no g

sorry for the Hijack John, just though I would add my insight, guess its not welcome
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

IDI RECORD BREAKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDI RECORD BREAKER   IDI RECORD BREAKER EmptyJune 12th 2011, 10:19 pm

well as they say, any reply is a good reply lol. At least my thread is getting some traffic LOL
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

IDI RECORD BREAKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDI RECORD BREAKER   IDI RECORD BREAKER EmptyJune 14th 2011, 10:50 am

There is nothing wrong with the IDI, it is just underpowered, It needs massaging to get it to move a little better, most people forget that most trucks were only 160-180hp and 350-400tq only 10-15 years ago, now we have trucks with 400hp and 800tq

I would like to get an old beater 6.5 or 7.3 or 12v that I could play around with, they are quite a bit cheaper to BOMB in the scheme of things, yea they are down on power to begin with but they dont suffer from emissions controls and all that jazz

they are kind of like the big blocks of the 70's, all mechanical, it takes more dirty work to get them running hot, as where the new HPCR and HEUI engines are like the EFI gas engines, its more about massaging the ECM to change fuel delivery and timing, etc. etc. Its instant gratification when you load a new tune and the truck hauls, the mechanical ones it takes time, and playing around to get them to run hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IDI RECORD BREAKER Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDI RECORD BREAKER   IDI RECORD BREAKER Empty

Back to top Go down

IDI RECORD BREAKER
Page 1 of 1