Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

They Took It Away From Me

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
In2Trux
In2Trux

They Took It Away From Me Empty
PostSubject: They Took It Away From Me   They Took It Away From Me EmptyFebruary 2nd 2011, 7:36 pm

Lost my XM RADIO today. I guess they cot on to me.
3 months free XM radio turned into 8 month free.

Now what do I do, When I call them to hook me back up, I'm sure they are gonna want some kind of info off my truck... What am I gonna need? I like to be prepared with any info they may need.
I don't want to go another day without satelite radio
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: They Took It Away From Me   They Took It Away From Me EmptyFebruary 2nd 2011, 8:29 pm

On both my cars all they needed to turn it on was the VIN and a credit card.
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: They Took It Away From Me   They Took It Away From Me EmptyFebruary 2nd 2011, 10:07 pm

I think i needed my radio ID on my truck, dont take my word for it, it could have been the VIN, its been a while, I got the lifetime subscription on my truck, if I sell this truck I can switch it to another vehicle for no charge up to two or three times i think.... but it was like $500 lol!
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: They Took It Away From Me   They Took It Away From Me EmptyFebruary 2nd 2011, 10:10 pm

when you turn it on satilite radio it should come up with a number for you to call and they will guide you through it.. the radio ID might be in your owners manual but usually they can tell you what buttons to hit to pop it up.
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: They Took It Away From Me   They Took It Away From Me EmptyFebruary 2nd 2011, 10:55 pm

Same as the previous comments, if the unit is FACTORY, then all they need si the VIN number. If the head unit is AFTERMARKET, then the VIN does them no good, other then identification purposes. they would then need the Radio ID....
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: They Took It Away From Me   They Took It Away From Me EmptyFebruary 3rd 2011, 2:01 am

Junior3382 wrote:
Same as the previous comments, if the unit is FACTORY, then all they need si the VIN number. If the head unit is AFTERMARKET, then the VIN does them no good, other then identification purposes. they would then need the Radio ID....

Guess you need your VIN then Glenn, like I said its been a while, i had a little fight with sirius/XM cause I have a sirius Stilletto, and I thought that since they are the all and the same now that I could consolidate my account into one... NO SIR!! not here in Canada!! so i have two accounts and one stilletto that i hardly use, only in the summer when im driving my Capri....

Good Luck Glenn, I love my satellite radio, especially Faction at about 1pm central time, thats when the future of radio comes on lol!
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: They Took It Away From Me   They Took It Away From Me EmptyFebruary 3rd 2011, 9:46 am

Update: They needed an ESN number off of the radio, All I have to do is scan throw the (i) button. And all my info plus a credit card number.
So I said I will call back later with that info. She said why not just do it online? COOL I said I would. At the same time shop for different packages.

So I go out to the truck this morning.... and yes your rite LOL It's working again.
Apparently the satelite had a fart last nite around 5:30 for the people North of PA. Which included most of Canada.

So I'll just keep enjoying my free XM satelite radio. Shhhhh Smile
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: They Took It Away From Me   They Took It Away From Me EmptyFebruary 3rd 2011, 2:45 pm

In2Trux wrote:
Update: They needed an ESN number off of the radio, All I have to do is scan throw the (i) button. And all my info plus a credit card number.
So I said I will call back later with that info. She said why not just do it online? COOL I said I would. At the same time shop for different packages.

So I go out to the truck this morning.... and yes your rite LOL It's working again.
Apparently the satelite had a fart last nite around 5:30 for the people North of PA. Which included most of Canada.

So I'll just keep enjoying my free XM satelite radio. Shhhhh Smile

Did you buy the truck new? i know when i got my truck the XM was activated, i got free XM for just about two years before the original owner wised up and stopped paying for it... lol!
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: They Took It Away From Me   They Took It Away From Me EmptyFebruary 3rd 2011, 11:26 pm

Funny you mention that Aaron... A member of my Duramax forum said the same thing.

I did buy my truck used. And he was suggesting that I was benefiting from the previous owner's payed subscription.

I don't think XM Radio is that stupid that they would give it away
I just hope it's a life time subscription. But I don't think the previous owner would take a life time subscription out on a least truck
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: They Took It Away From Me   They Took It Away From Me EmptyFebruary 4th 2011, 1:03 pm

they might have got a 2 or 3 year subscription, I believe thats what happened to me, I didnt complain, i was driving home from red deer and I thought for chits and giggles that I would like to see what the XM was like, and bam it worked, I giggled the whole way home, new truck, and i get free radio lol

Be prepared tho, it will probably run out sometime, but it only takes 5 mins to resubscribe Smile
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: They Took It Away From Me   They Took It Away From Me EmptyFebruary 5th 2011, 10:11 am

I'll prepare myself for that day. I hope it come LATER then Sooner
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: They Took It Away From Me   They Took It Away From Me EmptyFebruary 5th 2011, 8:00 pm

Britewhiteram wrote:
they might have got a 2 or 3 year subscription

I've been looking into this and believe Aaron is right. The longer the subscription you buy, the cheaper it is per month.
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: They Took It Away From Me   They Took It Away From Me EmptyFebruary 6th 2011, 5:05 pm

It cost me $500 for life time and it was only $30 more than the 5 year....... just made sense since then next vehicle I buy will be XM equipped, but I don't plan on selling this truck for a while yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They Took It Away From Me   They Took It Away From Me Empty

Back to top Go down

They Took It Away From Me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Mechanics Corner :: Auto Electrical Tech-
Jump to: