Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Charter Arms 'Pink Lady'

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Charter Arms 'Pink Lady' Empty
PostSubject: Charter Arms 'Pink Lady'   Charter Arms 'Pink Lady' EmptyFebruary 2nd 2011, 4:56 pm

Anyone ever handled (or owned) one of these? Pam (my fiance') is going for her concealled carry permit (LTC-A) later this month and i've been looking at this gun for her as a carry gun. Read a lot about them online but would love to hear from actual owners. Below is a a link to it. Thanks!

http://www.charterfirearms.com/products/Charter_PinkLadyDAO_53831.html

Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Charter Arms 'Pink Lady'   Charter Arms 'Pink Lady' EmptyFebruary 2nd 2011, 6:21 pm

i have shot a 38 special similar to that and its a decent gun for a girl or beginner.. not alot of kickback and its really easy to conseal. i could throw it in my pocket and besides the shape you couldnt really tell it was there.. now i have a waistline holster that goes in the inside of my pants so its alot easier to conseal the .45 i have.. if she is gonna be carrying it in her purse then i suggest a hardcase because woman are always digging in there purses for something.. lol
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Charter Arms 'Pink Lady'   Charter Arms 'Pink Lady' EmptyFebruary 2nd 2011, 8:34 pm

Laughing Thats why I want the DAO version. No chance of the hammer getting caught on things while its in her purse.

She has shot my Ruger LCR in the past and she did like it, so I am really thinking this is going to be the gun I get her. Thing is, I dont know much about the company. Half the things written online say they are crap, the other half say they are gold.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Charter Arms 'Pink Lady'   Charter Arms 'Pink Lady' EmptyFebruary 2nd 2011, 10:04 pm

i always fire the gun prior to buying it. i look for ease of maintance, forum reviews and how its gonna feel on my hip. i have been shedding some weight and now the .45 is showing itself a little more.. lol. i think i might have to get a new case or a ribcage holster.. i look at who is writing the comment as well. if they have a legit reason why they dont like the gun or whatever it may be then they probley know what they are talking about but if they say they didnt like it because the pink didnt match there outfit then that opinion goes in the trash. i say spend a few hours in the shooting range with it and let her fire off some rounds. i dont know what you mean by DOA version. i just looked at the gun real quick and saw it was a .38 special and it was for the wife. i see it doesnt have a thumb hammer but im confused on how you penis it back..

lmao.. i ment CO>CK it back..
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Charter Arms 'Pink Lady'   Charter Arms 'Pink Lady' EmptyFebruary 3rd 2011, 7:39 pm

I hear you. Thats why I like revolvers, very easy to maintain. Laughing Going to check out one in person some time in the next week. See how it feels for both her and I.

DAO is Double Action Only. Meaning you can only fire it by pulling the trigger. There is no external hammer so you cant use it as a single action gun like some other revolvers and semi-automatics. The Pink Lady is available is DAO and D/S (Double/Single) action, which would have the exposed hammer.

Last edited by merlin5577 on February 3rd 2011, 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Charter Arms 'Pink Lady'   Charter Arms 'Pink Lady' EmptyFebruary 3rd 2011, 7:47 pm

Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Charter Arms 'Pink Lady'   Charter Arms 'Pink Lady' EmptyFebruary 4th 2011, 1:43 am

oh ok.. when i said she could reach into her purse and pull the trigger thats what i was talking about. she doesnt have to pull the hammer back to fire it so it makes it kinda easy to have an accident.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Charter Arms 'Pink Lady'   Charter Arms 'Pink Lady' EmptyFebruary 4th 2011, 12:06 pm

Not necessarily true. On a DAO gun, the draw weight of the trigger is much higher, making it harder to pull the trigger. Plus, you have to pull the trigger back the entire draw for it to fire.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Charter Arms 'Pink Lady'   Charter Arms 'Pink Lady' EmptyFebruary 4th 2011, 8:43 pm

i dont know much about them. i have shot a few revolvers but never had to own one or maintain it
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Charter Arms 'Pink Lady'   Charter Arms 'Pink Lady' EmptyFebruary 10th 2011, 10:15 pm

Anyone else have any input?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charter Arms 'Pink Lady'   Charter Arms 'Pink Lady' Empty

Back to top Go down

Charter Arms 'Pink Lady'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Off-Topic :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: