Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

What Do You Think of a DIY Shop

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
In2Trux
In2Trux

What Do You Think of a DIY Shop Empty
PostSubject: What Do You Think of a DIY Shop   What Do You Think of a DIY Shop EmptyDecember 19th 2010, 6:49 pm

A local guy here in my home town is considering opening a Do It Yourself shop.
I'm not sure he is gonna get rich, but I think he will do pretty good.
I'm just not sure if the liability insurance is gonna kill him.
He is starting off on the right foot in my opinion by getting a market serve.
What you guys think?

Here is a copy of his market serve
We are thinking of opening up a garage where guys and gals can fix their own cars ,bikes and other items, hoist access in each bay ,tools and so on.

now what we want is to hear from you all if you want to see this sort of buisess/service in north bay...

if we get a big enough place we would also have storage access for antique cars heated of course likey not right away... you would be able to carry out all your car repairs mods, and so on and work on your bikes and sleds this garage is for the do it your selfer guy.. there will be some things of course that only we would do but 99% is all you, and you simply pay for the hoist time and some tools will be rented where all basic tools will have no rental fees etc,rates will be very reasonable and save you lots of money ,DIY car manules will be available onsite , for most cars trucks vans, manules for bikes and sleds will be the responsiblility of the ower of the item, onsite will also be oil and oil filters antifreeze for most makes and models ,we will be more geared to the car DIY guys more so ,,there is way to much detail to put into this ad of everything,that will be offered,
rates will be very reasonable and affordable see below for some of the rates ..for thoes that need to pick up parts we will have a free in town service so you can pick up your parts,other wise please try and have all your parts you'll need with you when you come in, if at all possible,

Bay - Basic (Mechanical, )
$ 16.00 per hour
$ 115 8 hours

Hoist - 6,000 and 9,000 Lbs.
$ 20.00
$ 145 8 hours
$ 20.00
Hoist - 15,000 Lbs.
$ 25.00 per hour
$ 175 8 hours
$ 25.00

Over Night Thaw
$ 35.00

Turn Drums / Rotors Each
$ 12.00

Tire Machine - Tire Off and On
$ 12.50

$ 3.50
Air Tools - each (Air Only $6.00/Use)
$ 7.50

Electric Tool - each
$ 7.50

Oxy & Acet Cutting
$ 35.00

$ 15.00
Oxy & Acet Welding
$ 25.00

$ 15.00

Ball Joint Press
$ 7.50

Spring Compressor
$ 7.50

Hydraulic Press
$ 15.00

$ 15.00
Grease Gun
$ 4.00
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think of a DIY Shop   What Do You Think of a DIY Shop EmptyDecember 19th 2010, 9:48 pm

seems like a good idea. Hope it goes well for the guy
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think of a DIY Shop   What Do You Think of a DIY Shop EmptyDecember 19th 2010, 9:56 pm

all he has to do to beat the insurance fee's is to have everyone that walks in sign a waiver that specifies the shop isnt liable for anything they do to themselves or another person..
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think of a DIY Shop   What Do You Think of a DIY Shop EmptyDecember 20th 2010, 10:22 am

The only issue I can see is the insurance issue.... A waiver may work, but it is going to have to be worded very well, as to cover the owners butt, as well as the shop.... It also needs to include a clause about damage to other peoples property/other people, The damage may be able to be covered by each individuals Auto insurance policies, but he'd have to look into that.. Other than that, I'd pay for a well stocked/tooled shop to work in, that I didn't have to buy....
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think of a DIY Shop   What Do You Think of a DIY Shop EmptyDecember 20th 2010, 10:34 pm

i wish there was somethin like that close to here...
wish him luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think of a DIY Shop   What Do You Think of a DIY Shop Empty

Back to top Go down

What Do You Think of a DIY Shop
Page 1 of 1