Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

My career begins here!

Go down 
+2
bigcountry78
FaselZ71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

My career begins here! Empty
PostSubject: My career begins here!   My career begins here! EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 8:51 pm

So as some of you may know I've been working as a welder for Stromberg Carlson Prdoucts for the better part of 6 months. Although I like my job and I'm a good welder it's not where my heart lies. My heart lies on the open road!
I was gonna go to West Michigan CDL back in June but my record prevented me from doing that. Apparently they want people who have 5 yrs. of clean background and I'm only at 2 and a half yrs. so that was out of the quetion. I thought I was hit and was gonna have to work in the shop for another 2.5 until my record was clean enough. But then I heard about a company that hired both experienced and inexperienced drivers. They are like a one stop shop. They have a school for inexperienced drivers they offer OTR, dedicated, team driving, husband wife driving, solo, they hav a lease program for potenial owner operators, and independant contractor program and they even offer RCOFC (refridgerated container on flat car) for locomotives. The name of this company is C.R. England. I'm sure some of you in the larger cities have seen these red and white rigs.
So I read the quals. and found out you could only have 3 moving violantions in the past 3 years. I had 4 MV's in the past 3 years and 4 active points on my driving record. So I waited the 4th MV came off on September 29th and my 4 active points expired in October. So armed with my point free driving record and my 3 MV's in the past 3 years the last of which happened in October of 08. Next march I'll be down to 2 and next October I'll be down to none.
So I thought well the worst they can say is no and I'll continue my search elsewhere or try again later. Well after I applied and waited a few days I got an email. The email made my day!! It reads as follows

-------------------------------

Bryan,
We have received your application and wanted to touch base with you. We are experiencing a high volume of applications, so it is very important that we work closely to make the transition to employment with C. R. England as smooth as possible. Please contact us at your earliest convenience so we can help you begin your career with the nation’s largest refrigerated carrier!

---------------------------------

And a name and number followed this paragraph. But today by the time I was able to call it was after business hours and I had to leave a message. However you can bet that first thing tomorrow morning I'll be on the phone hopefully finally getting my career "literally" into high gear. My career begins here! Cool0041
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: My career begins here!   My career begins here! EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 9:41 pm

congrats bud! believe me, i now EXACTLY what you are goin through, except I've been unhappy for over two years noe. but I'm takin care of that. I hope it works out for ya.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: My career begins here!   My career begins here! EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 9:50 pm

Thanks man I hope it works out too! Maybe if all goes well I'll end up in some of the cities yall live in and I can finally shake some of yalls hands in person. I think thats be awesome to meet some you guys! This job may allow for that.
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: My career begins here!   My career begins here! EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 10:09 pm

come on down, bud! youre welcome here! even if you are from michigan lol jus kiddin man
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: My career begins here!   My career begins here! EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 10:23 pm

congrates.. most of us are on the east coast so just get a florida route and you can hit each of us up on the way down..
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: My career begins here!   My career begins here! EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 10:32 pm

congrats on the new job. Hope all goes well for ya.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: My career begins here!   My career begins here! EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 11:09 pm

Good luck brother!
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: My career begins here!   My career begins here! EmptyNovember 16th 2010, 4:05 pm

Good luck Bryan
It's a carrier that is gonna get into your blood and there is no cure for it. I love my time when I was on the road. I've been from coast to coast of Canada and the USA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My career begins here!   My career begins here! Empty

Back to top Go down

My career begins here!
Page 1 of 1