Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

is it worth it?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: is it worth it?   is it worth it? EmptyOctober 22nd 2010, 10:23 pm

ok guys, well all of you should know that i ust recently put about 400 bucks worth of new truck parts into my mazda truck, and i was jst browsing craigslist today and i came across a truck i really would like to trade the mazda for. the truck is listed at 1200 bucks and believe it or not, thats the exact price i wanted to sell the mazda for in January when i was going to sell it and upgrade to something newer. well, plans have changed possibly because surfing craigslist, i found a 1976 Ford F150 Ranger 4x4 listed for 1200 bucks. the guy says the body is rusted and everything, but the running gear and motor run good. is it worth giving up the mazda for something alot bigger and a few years older? i have no clue what engine size is in the truck yet, im still waiting on an e-mail from the guy with pics of the rust, but im assuming the engine is most likely a 351 or 390. im hoping its a 390 just because i have always liked those motors for no particular reason, but you guys are alot smarter than me so before i go ahead and trade if the offer goes through, i wanted to run it by you guys first. good idea? bad idea? advantages? disadvantages? please speak your opinions, i could reall use them. this is th list of parts recently put in the truck.

-spark plugs
-plug wires
-distributor cap
-distributor rotor
-air filter
-brand new clutch
-brand new clutch slave cylinder
-brand new clutch master cylinder
-brand new tie rod ends
-brand new U-Joints
-brand new transmission gear oil
-brand new pitman arm
-brand new throw out bearing
-brand new center driveshaft bearing
-recent oil change (only a few miles old)
-recent oil filter

i dont know if i should give it up or not but i kinda fell in love with this ford at first sight. please let me hear what you all have to say.

is it worth it? 3mc3p93l25W05R65S1aal85f6d08237611ce1 is it worth it? 3n03of3l45Y55T15Z2aal4dee9c0dfc8e1458

is it worth it? 3n93ma3pe5Z65U55X2aal8e34b305f07c1ce0 is it worth it? 3n63k63l85Z35W25U3aald0455cf833241c91

he says the new 33's have abut 90% tread life left on them. the only thing i see wrong with it is that the decals on the side will prolly be removed. but thats all i see. i dont se the rusted pretty bad parts of the truck but it clearly states that in the description.

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/2018534598.html
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is it worth it?   is it worth it? EmptyOctober 22nd 2010, 11:26 pm

Not bad for a 4x4 if you like Fords, and can tolerate the rusted body, But, my honest opinion for your trade... and you might not like it. I would not trade my daily driver away for this truck #1. And #2, be prepared for your gasoline expense to triple. It would be a good second vehicle as a project vehicle if you like Fords. But No, wouldn't trade away my current daily driver that gets decent fuel mileage and that I have just put money into to get it dependable.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is it worth it?   is it worth it? EmptyOctober 23rd 2010, 9:33 am

Nice looking collector truck Eric.
Looks like an idea project, weekend truck. As stated, An every day driver it may start to add up $$$
If you do get this? I can bet before long you will be looking for a cheap, economical ride as an everyday ride.

I'm a chev guy, but I like that truck. got potential
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is it worth it?   is it worth it? EmptyOctober 23rd 2010, 10:15 am

you can ask anyone of the veteran members, jnuior, joe, merlin, etc about my ford opinions. im a die hard ford fan and i have been serrounded by them my entire life, so thats just me. i do not mine the older chevys around the same year, actually anything from 1988 on back for chevy's are good with me. but my favorite are the 1972-1979 ford trucks and broncos. i have always loved them and i always wanted one. but i see how you guys are saying poor fuel enconomy and everything, so ill wait and see and then either go for it or not go for it, but either way i want the truck even though i love my little mazda.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is it worth it?   is it worth it? Empty

Back to top Go down

is it worth it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Off-Topic :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: