Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

a change in heart...

Go down 
+4
merlin5577
In2Trux
007jimmy
Trucker_Eric
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

a change in heart... Empty
PostSubject: a change in heart...   a change in heart... EmptyOctober 16th 2010, 8:59 am

well, after the conclusion of my senior project with my mazda, i have been looking at new vehicles. and by new ehicles i mean this jeep im looking at. i want to trade my mazda for this 1990 jeep cherokee 4x4, its lifted on 33's and i think that it would fit me better than the old mazda. what do you guys think about this?

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/cto/1998153129.html

a change in heart... 3n93k73la5Y25X15S1aa977aa756feb54123b
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: a change in heart...   a change in heart... EmptyOctober 16th 2010, 9:07 am

just be aware that its been beat, ripped and torcured.. you are gonna be putting alot more into replairing it then you would be the mazda but you can have more fun. i would go with a stock jeep and lift it myself because then i know it would be done right and everyhting was ok..
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: a change in heart...   a change in heart... EmptyOctober 16th 2010, 5:28 pm

Joe has a point, make sure your not giving up you little problems just to adopt somebody else big problems.

Do like JR. Find something clean and solid and build on it. If you do the mods? You'll know it's done right, as Joe said.

darn !!! We'll have to change the name of this place soon Shocked
MY JEEP SOURCE (us Duramax guys haven't got a chance anymore)
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: a change in heart...   a change in heart... EmptyOctober 16th 2010, 7:14 pm

you Dmax guys never stood a chance.. although i have been contimplating ditching the s10 project and picking up a jeep as well.. lol we shall see what i come up with.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: a change in heart...   a change in heart... EmptyOctober 16th 2010, 11:02 pm

Eric, if that Jeep will make you happy then go for it. But like was said earlier, make sure you're not trading one batch of trouble for another.

Never stood a chance? Laughing There may only be 4 or 5 of us but trust me, our trucks can do anything (and mostly do it better) you gas guy's trucks can. Laughing
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: a change in heart...   a change in heart... EmptyOctober 16th 2010, 11:06 pm

You're right, the Duramax rules!
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: a change in heart...   a change in heart... EmptyOctober 16th 2010, 11:40 pm

Eric, take it from someone who just bought an XJ, modify one thing, and six things break. I only intended to add a small lift, and I am into my Jeep now for close to 3,000 bucks! Now granted the brake system, suspension system, and steering system are all brand new now, but the point is the money. 33's are a lot fo tire for the XJ, and you will run into stupid little crap to repair, are you sure you can afford the maitinence?

I know you have been wanting a 4wd for years, and I encourage you to get one, but do not settle on the first one you see..... they are everywhere. So make sure you shop wisely. And honestly, i would get one that has NEVER been modified or even used off-road.... this way you do not have the abuse of the rpevious owner(s) influencing your list of repairs.

However, if you feel comfortable with this vehicle, then go for it. And let me know and I will give you my current list of what needs to be stabilized, or even replaced before you wheel it....LOL.... though it is a growing list, and I have yet to even make it to the woods with mine, at least I can offer sound advice there too.

Remember, you just put a lot of time and money and elbow grease into your Mazda, and you know what to expect from the truck in return. buying a modified vehicle like this brings its own baggage, so make sure your bank account can compinsate. Otherwise, good luck, I sincerely hope it works out for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: a change in heart...   a change in heart... EmptyOctober 17th 2010, 8:39 pm

well, the guy hasnt e-mailed me back yet on a trade and i have been thinking about my old mazda alot and how much work i have just done to her. i wanted something to play with and get all dirty but i didnt want to destroy my mazda which is why i was going jeep. but i think that i am going to buy a cheap 4 wheeler to tinker with, something that needs work. i am actually looking for a 350-500CC 4x4 one but im having no luck. anyone know where i can get one at a good price?
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: a change in heart...   a change in heart... EmptyOctober 17th 2010, 9:41 pm

An ATV ???
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: a change in heart...   a change in heart... EmptyOctober 17th 2010, 10:40 pm

007jimmy wrote:
You're right, the Duramax rules!

ppbbbbb that isuzu trash? The 7.3 is where its at! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: a change in heart...   a change in heart... EmptyOctober 18th 2010, 8:49 pm

Yeah I would be careful... I agree the d max is awesome as is the 7.3 but as far as HEEPs go... I'll never put my on the title of one!!! EVER! I'll never own a vehical who's name is short for Just Empty Every Pocket. I'll stick with my Cracked Heads Every Valve Leaking Oil Leaking Engine Ticking full size 4x4s!!!
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: a change in heart...   a change in heart... EmptyOctober 22nd 2010, 10:28 pm

In2Trux wrote:
An ATV ???

we call them quads or 4 wheelers...
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: a change in heart...   a change in heart... EmptyOctober 22nd 2010, 11:43 pm

You're getting close to the right idea Eric, Keep your Mazda for daily driver, and get you a toy on the side you can work on as budget permits, but I'd do a 4x4 truck before I'd do an ATV. I'd be willing to bet you can find an old 4x4 truck for less than you can a decent ATV, and ATV's are expensive to mod and repair too. Check out some parts prices on ATV's and you'll soon realzie its not much differant in cost of say an old square body Chevy or older Ford truck.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: a change in heart...   a change in heart... EmptyOctober 23rd 2010, 9:23 am

Trucker_Eric wrote:
In2Trux wrote:
An ATV ???

we call them quads or 4 wheelers...

Yeah i knew what an All Terrain Vehicle is, I question it, cause I wasn't sure if I read right. You are shopping for a ATV now instead of a jeep?
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: a change in heart...   a change in heart... EmptyOctober 23rd 2010, 10:16 am

i just wanted something to mess around with, take out to the woods and have fun and if it gets broke i wont be out of a vehicle.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: a change in heart...   a change in heart... EmptyOctober 23rd 2010, 4:06 pm

yeah you have plenty of places down there to ride. they are alot more leaniant about quads down there then they are here.. unless there is snow on the ground i dont even think about takin mine out. i dont feel like paying thousands of dollars in fines plus the repo and storage fee's
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: a change in heart...   a change in heart... EmptyOctober 24th 2010, 6:27 pm

YEAH !!!! I want a 4 wheeler again Very Happy I miss my old Suzuki Quad. It was GREAT fun.
Awesome way to release that pent up frustration.
Awesome investment. Great to work around the yard, then great to go play. Cool
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: a change in heart...   a change in heart... EmptyOctober 24th 2010, 6:33 pm

i dont have much of a yard to have any use for mine. its all play.. lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a change in heart...   a change in heart... Empty

Back to top Go down

a change in heart...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Off-Topic :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: