Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Suggestions?

Go down 
+2
007jimmy
bigcountry78
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptySeptember 16th 2010, 6:35 pm

Well, I've decided that the time has come to move out. I wanna move to N.C., where my fiance lives. One of the problems is finding a job there. It's not a problem with opportunities, because they are there. But do ya'll have any suggestions on how to go about finding a job in a different state? Maybe someone here has done this before, but I'm kinda stumped. My future father in law has some of my resumes, and he knows alot of people. But he can only do so much. I guess i just don't know much about finding the right job for me. And i don't know exactly what I want to do. If ya'll could offer any advice, I'd love to hear it. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptySeptember 16th 2010, 8:58 pm

first of all you gotta figure out whats around there.. go on yellowpages and type in the town your gonna move to and then look at all the local places within 30 miles.. i dont remember what you do now but look for something along them lines because its what you have experiance in or something completely and totally different if you hate your job right now.. thats up to you but just because you hate your job now doesnt mean youll hate doing the same thing at another place because the boss will be totally different..
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptySeptember 18th 2010, 9:47 am

Like Joe says...
Then contact some of these places by phone and get a fax number or an email address and fax or email your rsume to them. even if they say they are not highering rite now.

Proving to the possible employer that you are able to use today technology to send him your resume is impressive in it's self, instead of getting your GF Dad to deliver it.

BTW get a list of the places he has gone already... I would resend your resume to those places too. They may have tossed your resume as soon as he walked out the door.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptySeptember 19th 2010, 1:13 am

When I moved to colorado, I worked as a night stocker at walmart till I found a better job doing what I wanted to be..... Applied on line, interviewed over the phone........ It worked for me.............. Then I ended up moving right back to the home town anyway, after 8 months...... So if you might need a job in the place your living now, later on down the road, Don't Burn Youy Bridges when you leave... Trust me. I did, and it sucked to find work when I came back
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptySeptember 20th 2010, 7:48 pm

thanks guys, those are good ideas. although our plans may have changed again lol. its hard to nail down what were gunna do just yet, we have good opportunities available in both states. but we'll just see what happens. but i do appreciate the suggestions. it sucks bein broke.
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyDecember 14th 2010, 7:14 pm

ok, I'm on the move to NC again lol. things at my job have really gone downhill. the deal is, I stood up and let my supervisor kno I wasnt gunna let them run over me anymore. Hes really pissed at me, and I'm pretty sure he wants me gone. so its time to move on, I'm searchin for jobs constantly now. job huntin sucks!
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyDecember 15th 2010, 11:10 pm

Job hunting does suck. I left on good terms with my old employer (hell, I'm on job-attached status with the unemployment circus), but I couldn't stand sitting around waiting for the call back. Took me three months to find a job that was 5 days a week, and it's still only 25-33 hours a week at a very large pay decrease (went from making $20-$25/hour depending on the job to $10).
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyDecember 16th 2010, 10:58 pm

wewll, it looks like my job search got kicked into double overdrive today. they FIRED me tonight! im extremely pissed right now. i fully believe they fired me because i complained about working 24 hours strait. well, we'll just see about that. does aybody kno of a good, credible source for labor laws? i believe theyre in the wrong, but i need to do some homework first.
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyDecember 17th 2010, 2:11 am

good luck man. i have no clue on labor laws.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyDecember 17th 2010, 9:18 am

I'm up on some of the labor laws here in Ontario but not in the US or SC for that matter.
Google SC Labor laws.. or look in the phone book.

How long have you worked at this place?
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? EmptyDecember 17th 2010, 8:21 pm

I would get in contact with an attorney that specializes in labor laws. You can find some that will do paperwork and a consultation for free. Trust me, I've hired an attorney for a different reason, but some of the guys that do it for free will work just about any case, and they only take their cut when the case is won on your behalf.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions?
Page 1 of 1