Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Merlin Help me . . .

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
$/$-AMX
Valued Member
Valued Member
$/$-AMX

Merlin Help me . . . Empty
PostSubject: Merlin Help me . . .   Merlin Help me . . . EmptySeptember 3rd 2010, 11:02 pm

I found this:
http://www.generaltacticalvehicles.com/

Joint venture between AM-General & another operation anywho, I can't really find any break downs of this New Vehicle . . .
I figured you being you ya might be able to dig up the goodies on this new Rig ?

Engine trans axle ratio payload GVWR ect ?

your good at finding these things, sorry i been away having a some health issues . . .

Mike
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Merlin Help me . . .   Merlin Help me . . . EmptySeptember 3rd 2010, 11:15 pm

i have a set of them tires.. lol.. i need to get rid of them cause they are taking up way to much space and they weight a ton.. well half a ton.. lol
Back to top Go down
$/$-AMX
Valued Member
Valued Member
$/$-AMX

PostSubject: Re: Merlin Help me . . .   Merlin Help me . . . EmptySeptember 3rd 2010, 11:35 pm

Best i could tell GTV is covering, Guns ammo armor and that sorta of stuff, and AM-G is covering the Vehicle itself chassie engine trans axles suspension ect . . .

Between the 2 working together they cam up with this New unit, which to me appears to be a blend of the AM-G Humvee and the IHC/OshKosh M-RAP . . .

AM-General, BTW was a company started by American Motors Corp in 1971, AMC created the Humvee in 1979 ! sold first batch to Uncle Sam in 1985 tho AMC had to sell it back in the Mid 80's the company has stood the test of time and is still producing, To bad AMC sold it off for that partnership with Renault . . . they might still be around, Oh well i guess AMC's child so to speak is alive n doing well anyway . . .

AM-G just sold Uncle Sam 2,526 Humvees at $245,000 a unit $619M Shocked i believe the contract was for . . . plus 2 other order's placed this year for 53 units and another for 100 units . . . sure they are only allowed to make a 1-3% profit per unit, But you know how that trick goes AM-G gives them the cost of just one single unit, but they build 1,000 units at a time so its more like a 5-15% profit Laughing

Anywho, If Merlin could pull one of his neat Rabbit from thin air trick's and get US some Detail's of these trucks that would be very cool . . .

Mike
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Merlin Help me . . .   Merlin Help me . . . EmptySeptember 4th 2010, 7:31 am

Now that would be an awesome toy to bring out to the 4x4 club
Back to top Go down
$/$-AMX
Valued Member
Valued Member
$/$-AMX

PostSubject: Re: Merlin Help me . . .   Merlin Help me . . . EmptySeptember 4th 2010, 3:23 pm

Heck ya it would the 4 door SUV looking thing is Cool, But what really has my eye is that 2door over pickup truck version of the unit . . .

I'm hopping it makes production for me to be able to get a hold of one surplussed some day Laughing I'm sure if they approve it for production it'll take 15-25 years to hit surplus but that's ok i'll be saving my pennies Wink

Mike
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Merlin Help me . . .   Merlin Help me . . . EmptySeptember 6th 2010, 3:45 pm

Hey Mikey, glad to see you're around and about.

As for your request, take note. Any time you try to find information on a military vehicle, it is going to be difficult. Just a fact of life. The older the vehicles is, the easier it gets. But on your new found dream, it was a pain in the butt. Laughing

The 'other' in this joint venture is General Dynamics Land Systems. They are a military contractor and have worked with AM General for decades building vehicles for the military.

The JLTV is actually a diesel-electric hybrid. Specific specifications are darn near impossible to find, but I did find this;

Quote :
The JLTV uses the Steyr Motors M16 VTI Combat diesel engine as a main engine for the parallel hybrid electric drive-train. The 215 hp engine develops torque of 400 ln/ft, coupled with an Eaton Autoshift 6 speed automated manual transmission in the rear and Klune V two speed gearbox is at the front. Two brushless, permanent magnet electrical engines are coupled in parallel to the transmission boxs, adjacent to each axle, augmenting the drive train with additional torque of 400 lb/ft each.

The electrical power contribute dramatic power surge for acceleration, obstacle negotiation and survivability, facilitating rapid egress from hot zones and reducing the chance of mobility kill due to combat damage. On idle, road travel or deceleration, the diesel charges two modular lithium ion battery packs which power the electrical drive motors. LUV has a top road speed of 76 mph (122 kph). It can accelerate from 0 to 30 mph (0-48 kmh) in 9 seconds. Its turning diameter is 9.1 meters. With a ground clearance of 18" (46 cm) the vehicle can negotiate a vertical step of 21" (60 cm.), gradients of 60% and 40% side slope LUV vehicle offers superior mobility, ride quality, and roll stability, utilizing semi-active Magneto-Rheological (MR) struts developed by MillenWorks.

Back to top Go down
$/$-AMX
Valued Member
Valued Member
$/$-AMX

PostSubject: Re: Merlin Help me . . .   Merlin Help me . . . EmptySeptember 6th 2010, 4:21 pm

The AM-General 6500 Turbo diesel has more power Laughing

Military GM-6.5/6.2 was 170hp / 350tq -136hp / 240tq.

The AM-G 6500 is 190hp/385tq & 205hp/440tq, they offer it in both Mechanical and electronic injection.

I figured Elect = 190hp & Mech = 205hp right ?

but according to AM-G the either power setting can be had with either injection setup it all depends on what you want for power and what system your vehicle runs on.

AM-G rep said, mainly since 01'+ Use & sell the 205/440 engine, The 190/385 is mainly used in 99' and older units for the replacement for the mil-spec GM-6.2/6.5 as they didn't want to over power or compromise the drive train of the older units that got re-manufactured.

Apparently the AM-G Optimizer 6500 is Recasting of the GM-6.5 out of better quality stronger materials and design was cleaned up.

I took that as to mean the flaws of the GM-6.5 were weeded out and fixed ?

I noticed they went with whole different Injection pumps different brand, the turbo was moved from the right side to the center of the V . . .

Anywho it was a whole email full of info of how the AM-G 6500 & GM-6.5 were basically only the same visually so they can be used interchangeably and from there on they are completely different . . . sorry for the side track off topic bla bla Shocked

EDIT:
My truck says on the valve cover sticker says:
GM 6.5T: 190hp@3,400rpm & 380tq@2,200rpm. AM-G's 6500-T: 190hp/205hp@3,200rpm & 385tq/440tq@1,800rpm.

They increased the power and got a much better power curve from it, wounder if i should buy one ?

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merlin Help me . . .   Merlin Help me . . . Empty

Back to top Go down

Merlin Help me . . .
Page 1 of 1