Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

How Important is Tie Rod End Link Sleeves Upgrades

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
In2Trux
In2Trux

How Important is Tie Rod End Link Sleeves Upgrades  Empty
PostSubject: How Important is Tie Rod End Link Sleeves Upgrades    How Important is Tie Rod End Link Sleeves Upgrades  EmptyAugust 31st 2010, 12:51 pm

I kept seeing Tie Rod End link sleeve a long side Horse Power Mods. And was wondering, WHY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrgToLQg7lI&feature=fvst
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: How Important is Tie Rod End Link Sleeves Upgrades    How Important is Tie Rod End Link Sleeves Upgrades  EmptyAugust 31st 2010, 6:51 pm

hmmm.. kinda looks familiar.. oh yeah.. cause the jimmy did the same thing when wheeling..
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: How Important is Tie Rod End Link Sleeves Upgrades    How Important is Tie Rod End Link Sleeves Upgrades  EmptyAugust 31st 2010, 7:19 pm

It depends on your usage. For a stock truck, pulling normal loads, the stock tie-rods are fine. If you start adding a lift, lots of power, and pulling heavy loads you're asking for trouble.

The problem is torsion rigidity. On our trucks the IFS places some of the strain on the tie rods as opposed to the solid axled trucks. On a solid axle truck, the rotating force of the tire is placed entirely on the axle housing.

For some peace of mind, think of this. My Silverado has 120K on it and i've only had to replace 1 tie-rod. Keep in mind, I've pulled 13Klbs, hauled 3Klbs, and have 750ft-lbs. Yeah, exactly.

The guys who have the real problems are the guys who have lifts with lots of power, or those who sled pull.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: How Important is Tie Rod End Link Sleeves Upgrades    How Important is Tie Rod End Link Sleeves Upgrades  EmptySeptember 1st 2010, 7:49 am

Who would of thought.
Well mine isn't lifted yet. and it doesn't have the punch all these other trucks do, but just for piece of mind, and simply cause I'm gonna do these mods eventually. I'm gonna do the center link and tie rod end upgrade sooner, then later.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: How Important is Tie Rod End Link Sleeves Upgrades    How Important is Tie Rod End Link Sleeves Upgrades  EmptySeptember 6th 2010, 3:05 pm

For peace of mind, they are a worthy upgrade. But overkill. Laughing Keep us updates when you do the install.
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: How Important is Tie Rod End Link Sleeves Upgrades    How Important is Tie Rod End Link Sleeves Upgrades  EmptyNovember 21st 2010, 9:13 pm

If you do any sort of off-roading its a worthy investment, especially when you get stuck and bend your tie-rods when your trying to back and forth your wheels to get traction Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Important is Tie Rod End Link Sleeves Upgrades    How Important is Tie Rod End Link Sleeves Upgrades  Empty

Back to top Go down

How Important is Tie Rod End Link Sleeves Upgrades
Page 1 of 1