Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Dmax vs. N/A IDI

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Dmax vs. N/A IDI - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dmax vs. N/A IDI   Dmax vs. N/A IDI - Page 2 EmptyMay 20th 2010, 11:38 pm

johnboggs21 wrote:
you would think so. I dont reckon chain placement would have made much of a difference in that case either since lifting on the back would just put more pressure on the front axle.

The chains should have been dead level to be fair. With the Fords higher up, the Chevy is pull the Ford's rear tires down into the ground. Giving him more traction.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Dmax vs. N/A IDI   Dmax vs. N/A IDI - Page 2 EmptyMay 21st 2010, 10:34 am

I dont think you understand what Im saying. If the dmax was in 4wd, then the ford is pulling his rear tires up putting more pressure on the front drive axle therefore negating any advantage that the ford gets........i think........lol
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Dmax vs. N/A IDI   Dmax vs. N/A IDI - Page 2 EmptyMay 21st 2010, 11:58 am

johnboggs21 wrote:
I dont think you understand what Im saying. If the dmax was in 4wd, then the ford is pulling his rear tires up putting more pressure on the front drive axle therefore negating any advantage that the ford gets........i think........lol

I see what your saying, but its not the case. You know how when you accelorate quickly, the truck 'squats' as the weight shifts to the back? Same thing here. When the Silverado is trying to go forward, the weight is trying to shift backwards. The chain on his truck is where its suppose to be, so its not lifting anything at all. Thats why chain placement is so important.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Dmax vs. N/A IDI   Dmax vs. N/A IDI - Page 2 EmptyMay 21st 2010, 2:52 pm

it only squats if thiers traction, and his wheels are spinning indicating no traction
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Dmax vs. N/A IDI   Dmax vs. N/A IDI - Page 2 EmptyMay 21st 2010, 6:42 pm

Your not taking into consideration body flex and driveline twist. Along the same lines as if you've ever stepped on the breaks and throttle at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dmax vs. N/A IDI   Dmax vs. N/A IDI - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dmax vs. N/A IDI
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2