Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Spray paint on rims

Go down 
+2
merlin5577
stealthdawg09
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stealthdawg09
Valued Member
Valued Member

Spray paint on rims Empty
PostSubject: Spray paint on rims   Spray paint on rims EmptyApril 15th 2010, 6:56 pm

What spray paint should I use on my rims? I want to make sure it can with stand heat and all.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Spray paint on rims   Spray paint on rims EmptyApril 15th 2010, 7:02 pm

There is a specialty paint out there for wheels, but its pretty expensive. Your best bet is to get engine block paint. Way higher heat tolerance and lower price. Down side is fewer color choices.
Back to top Go down
stealthdawg09
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Spray paint on rims   Spray paint on rims EmptyApril 15th 2010, 7:06 pm

merlin5577 wrote:
There is a specialty paint out there for wheels, but its pretty expensive. Your best bet is to get engine block paint. Way higher heat tolerance and lower price. Down side is fewer color choices.

I'm probably going to first buy the hub caps and if they look ok with out painting the rims I'll leave it at that lol
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Spray paint on rims   Spray paint on rims EmptyApril 15th 2010, 9:06 pm

your rims dont really get that hot unless you do some seriuos road course racing with it and need to be on the brakes alot.. i have used everything from dollar a can paint to the high end wheel paint and to tell you the truth the best looking paint and most durable is the kind that is ment for kitchen appliances.. it was 4 bucks a can and i needed 2 but i am crazy and like to put 4-5 good coats on aluminum rims.. steelies i usually spray 2 decent coats.. i used the same paint on my red trucks steelies and it has held up great.. made it through this crazy winter and all.. the amount of salt they put down on the roads this year was nuts.. i think half my rocker got eaten away in the last 4 months.. haha
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Spray paint on rims   Spray paint on rims EmptyApril 15th 2010, 10:29 pm

007jimmy wrote:
to tell you the truth the best looking paint and most durable is the kind that is ment for kitchen appliances..

i painted the passenger side door of my S10 with that stuff after i shaved the handle.. it's tougher than automotive paint in my opinion
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: Spray paint on rims   Spray paint on rims EmptyApril 16th 2010, 3:53 am

I use a good enamel spray paint to fix the bead area of truck rims at work......... Just be sure to give it enough time to dry before slappin the caps back on....... The kitchen appliance paint works really well, as 007jimmy suggested.... the mine is just too cheap to pay the 4 dollars for 1 can....... If you want them to look really nice, take a wire wheel on a grinder to them..... It'll smooth out a lot of blemishes that are waiting to show in the new paint, and it'll make the paint adhere really well....
Back to top Go down
f150dailydragger
Valued Member
Valued Member
f150dailydragger

PostSubject: Re: Spray paint on rims   Spray paint on rims EmptyApril 16th 2010, 8:07 am

i just have regular spray paint on mine and then i cleared them and they have held up for the past 3 years really nice. its my daily driver
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spray paint on rims   Spray paint on rims Empty

Back to top Go down

Spray paint on rims
Page 1 of 1