Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Hubcaps: chrome or body color

Go down 
+3
007jimmy
79_bronco
stealthdawg09
7 posters

Chrome
Hubcaps: chrome or body color I_vote_lcap56%Hubcaps: chrome or body color I_vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
Body color
Hubcaps: chrome or body color I_vote_lcap44%Hubcaps: chrome or body color I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
stealthdawg09
Valued Member
Valued Member

Hubcaps: chrome or body color Empty
PostSubject: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 9th 2010, 6:33 pm

So I'm going to get new hubcaps for the brick this week. Yes I know rims are better but I cant afford those right now lol. So should I go with chrome hubcaps or body color ones?
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 9th 2010, 7:14 pm

neither.. they have gun metal-ish gray 1's in advance that look pretty good.. all of the chrome 1's i've seen lately look like they're be on a drug dealers car lol
Back to top Go down
stealthdawg09
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 9th 2010, 7:16 pm

79_bronco wrote:
neither.. they have gun metal-ish gray 1's in advance that look pretty good.. all of the chrome 1's i've seen lately look like they're be on a drug dealers car lol

Yeah Ive seen some that are spinners. Which I hate spinners period. Gun metal gray aint to far from my brick's body color lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 9th 2010, 7:25 pm

oh yeah.. lol i forgot you posted pictures of it

and the spinners are ridiculous.. and apparently fall apart easily.. i've seen quite a few of the spinner parts on the shoulder, driving through vineland (which consists of a LOT of hondas and latins) lol
Back to top Go down
stealthdawg09
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 9th 2010, 7:28 pm

79_bronco wrote:
oh yeah.. lol i forgot you posted pictures of it

and the spinners are ridiculous.. and apparently fall apart easily.. i've seen quite a few of the spinner parts on the shoulder, driving through vineland (which consists of a LOT of hondas and latins) lol

hahahahaha. My brick can eat little hondas for dinner (demo derby anyone?) hahaha.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 9th 2010, 7:34 pm

lmfao
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 9th 2010, 8:24 pm

spinners FTW... lol
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 9th 2010, 10:51 pm

stealthdawg09 wrote:
So I'm going to get new hubcaps for the brick this week. Yes I know rims are better but I cant afford those right now lol. So should I go with chrome hubcaps or body color ones?

I like Grey
My Volvo had stock Silver rims... Didn't like them
so I had them Powder Coated, Gun Metal Grey.

SILVER
https://2img.net/h/i87.photobucket.com/albums/k135/gt_ironman/V70R5.jpg

Powder coated GUN METAL GREY
https://2img.net/h/i87.photobucket.com/albums/k135/gt_ironman/IMG_0167-3.jpg
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 9th 2010, 10:52 pm

chrome. chrome the wire hubcaps. your gonna get rims later anyways. so yeah i vote chrome the ones ya got. c'mon. do it!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 10th 2010, 4:25 pm

Body color is more sleeper so thats my vote.
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 11th 2010, 6:25 pm

Can't have a car too shiny.

Chrome all the way.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 11th 2010, 9:59 pm

yeah but william, have you seen the chrome hubcaps they sell these days? you would puke at the sight of some of them lol
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 11th 2010, 10:22 pm

Nah. I like the stock look on most all vehicles. I'm sure I've seen them on cars though.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 12th 2010, 1:21 am

they're not stock though.. they're literally ghetto lol
Back to top Go down
stealthdawg09
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 12th 2010, 11:26 am

I went and looked at some today. I saw some black ones that looked nice. I'm gonna get some flat black spray paint and clean my rims and paint them flat black so what ever hubcaps I get will look better on the rims.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 12th 2010, 12:20 pm

eh.. you sure about the flat black? EVERYTHING sticks to it and stains it.. my bronco was originally flat black and turned brown from all the mud.. i would just use some cheap gloss.. the gloss will dull down and it'll look flat after the sun hits them for a week or so
Back to top Go down
stealthdawg09
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 12th 2010, 12:53 pm

79_bronco wrote:
eh.. you sure about the flat black? EVERYTHING sticks to it and stains it.. my bronco was originally flat black and turned brown from all the mud.. i would just use some cheap gloss.. the gloss will dull down and it'll look flat after the sun hits them for a week or so

I thought about that after I posted it lol. I'm just wanting to make it where the rims are kinda hid when the hubcaps are on.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 12th 2010, 1:20 pm

lol just do the cheap walmart color place gloss black.. it's 1.02 a can and it'll fade to flat, without the rough texture to it
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color EmptyApril 12th 2010, 2:43 pm

stealthdawg09 wrote:
I went and looked at some today. I saw some black ones that looked nice. I'm gonna get some flat black spray paint and clean my rims and paint them flat black so what ever hubcaps I get will look better on the rims.

Great idea having the rims flat black.
You can flat black that is specific to rims finishes. Even the brake dust won't stick to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hubcaps: chrome or body color   Hubcaps: chrome or body color Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1