Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer Empty
PostSubject: GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer   GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer EmptyApril 9th 2010, 12:14 pm

Sad

Despite last-minute efforts to save Hummer, General Motors announced this morning to its dealers and employees that it plans to move forward with permanently shuttering the well-known off-road nameplate.

"GM's position is to wind down the brand," Hummer spokesman Nick Richards told PickupTrucks.com Tuesday morning.

In February, GM’s planned sale of the Hummer brand to China’s Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Co. was called off after the deal failed to win approval from Chinese regulators.

Despite efforts to find a new buyer for Hummer, no suitable matches could be found.

GM says it will honor all warranties and provide service and parts through other GM dealers. This is the same process that Saturn and Pontiac went through in the past year since GM’s restructuring.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/04/gm-committed-to-winding-down-hummer.html
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer   GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer EmptyApril 9th 2010, 12:25 pm

why the sad face? you actually like the H2/3?
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer   GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer EmptyApril 9th 2010, 12:31 pm

Any time a car company closes, its a sad day. And yes, even though they where huge, fuel sucking, and hard to park, they where cool in my book.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer   GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer EmptyApril 9th 2010, 2:32 pm

i never much cared for them personally, so i say good riddance. it is a shame about all the people put out of a job because of it tho
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer   GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer EmptyApril 9th 2010, 3:03 pm

i liked the H1's, the others were ugly. BUT, at least hummer won't die 100%, they still have to continue building humvees lol
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer   GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer EmptyApril 9th 2010, 3:12 pm

i thought i heard somewhere the army was gonna quit usin those
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer   GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer EmptyApril 9th 2010, 3:22 pm

i find that hard to believe.. unless they contracted someone to build something similar
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer   GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer EmptyApril 9th 2010, 6:20 pm

yup they have a new vehicle. lemme dig up the link. i say let it die. thank the invisible man that china didnt go for it.
Back to top Go down
stealthdawg09
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer   GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer EmptyApril 9th 2010, 6:38 pm

johnboggs21 wrote:
it is a shame about all the people put out of a job because of it tho

thats the part I'm sad about.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer   GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer EmptyApril 9th 2010, 7:18 pm

is always a shame when a company shuts down and lays off thousands of employees.. maybe GM will find another use for the plants/employees? unlikely, but it could happen
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer   GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer EmptyApril 10th 2010, 4:21 pm

From what i've read, the H1 will continue to be produced by AM General for the US Military.
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer   GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer EmptyApril 10th 2010, 5:23 pm

really? see i dont know for sure i just heard it somewhere that they're goin to somethin new. i guess not.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer   GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer EmptyApril 10th 2010, 7:59 pm

merlin5577 wrote:
From what i've read, the H1 will continue to be produced by AM General for the US Military.

that's what i figured.. and it's not really an H1.. the military issues are Humvees
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer   GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer Empty

Back to top Go down

GM Committed to Winding Down Hummer
Page 1 of 1