Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Redneck Lawnmower help.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fordman68
Valued Member
Valued Member
fordman68

Redneck Lawnmower help. Empty
PostSubject: Redneck Lawnmower help.   Redneck Lawnmower help. EmptyMarch 22nd 2010, 10:18 pm

I have an old Sears Craftsman mower... the motor runs and it moves but the tranny is sang its last song pretty much... Sad ive ripped the deck off and am in the process of taking the motor off for a rebuild and i was wondering if anyone knew of a way to fix and or replace the transmition... Question
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Lawnmower help.   Redneck Lawnmower help. EmptyMarch 22nd 2010, 10:31 pm

fordman68 wrote:
I have an old Sears Craftsman mower... the motor runs and it moves but the tranny is sang its last song pretty much... Sad ive ripped the deck off and am in the process of taking the motor off for a rebuild and i was wondering if anyone knew of a way to fix and or replace the transmition... Question

buy another mower wit a tranny
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Lawnmower help.   Redneck Lawnmower help. EmptyMarch 22nd 2010, 10:44 pm

What kind of trans is it? Gear driven or hydrostatic? Lever on the fender, or between your legs. How many speeds, big belt driven pulley on top, on the side, etc.

Take the bolt out of the bottom of the case. Just a simply threaded pipe with a square tip. See if any fluid comes out. If it does, note the color, and see how many gear shavings come out. It may be savable.
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Lawnmower help.   Redneck Lawnmower help. EmptyMarch 22nd 2010, 11:34 pm

no clue on mowers. good luck.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Lawnmower help.   Redneck Lawnmower help. EmptyMarch 23rd 2010, 8:25 am

Once you get inside the tranni Andrew I think you'll realize how simple they are.
I can almost bet it's a slipping belt or a worn disc.

Open her up man... Take some pics
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Lawnmower help.   Redneck Lawnmower help. EmptyMarch 24th 2010, 6:15 pm

yeah you got me interested. we got a craftsman i think with a leakin engine. i may just pull it apart whenever i get bored. not that thats gonna happen. just when i get mad at whatever project im workin on.
Back to top Go down
fordman68
Valued Member
Valued Member
fordman68

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Lawnmower help.   Redneck Lawnmower help. EmptyMarch 25th 2010, 8:55 pm

i did find an old 4 wheel steer mower with no motor i might just swap motors and wait for a new one for the craftsman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redneck Lawnmower help.   Redneck Lawnmower help. Empty

Back to top Go down

Redneck Lawnmower help.
Page 1 of 1