Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

got a belt problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

got a belt problem Empty
PostSubject: got a belt problem   got a belt problem EmptyMarch 9th 2010, 5:28 pm

alright guys, this is on the murray. When you put it in any gear and let off the clutch the belt will grab and you move a little bit and then it will throw the belt. I did a little investigating and found the pulley on the transaxle to be slightly bent. I straitened it up as best i could and it didnt seem to make any difference. Then i noticed that the bolts that hold the rearend to the frame were a little loose. I tightened those up and still no difference. The belt stays on in all gears at idle and about half throttle whether you dump the clutch or feather it, it doesnt change anything. What yall think?
Back to top Go down
fordman68
Valued Member
Valued Member
fordman68

got a belt problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: got a belt problem   got a belt problem EmptyMarch 9th 2010, 7:56 pm

get a husky is what i think..
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

got a belt problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: got a belt problem   got a belt problem EmptyMarch 9th 2010, 7:59 pm

i have a huskee lol
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

got a belt problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: got a belt problem   got a belt problem EmptyMarch 9th 2010, 10:37 pm

Is this the proper drive belt ??? Sounds like this V belt isn't seating into the pully deep enough, or the pullies are just loose enough that they become miss aligned as it creates a load.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

got a belt problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: got a belt problem   got a belt problem EmptyMarch 10th 2010, 2:46 pm

its the same belt thats been on there for forever.......
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

got a belt problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: got a belt problem   got a belt problem EmptyMarch 10th 2010, 3:25 pm

then maybe its time for a new belt..
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

got a belt problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: got a belt problem   got a belt problem EmptyDecember 14th 2010, 5:59 pm

I replaced the belt with a lil bit heavier one and never had anymore problems with it really til recently. Cant take off in any gear higher than 2nd without it popping off. Cant push much snow without it popping off either. Need to get this figured out, gotta get the driveway plowed......
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

got a belt problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: got a belt problem   got a belt problem EmptyDecember 14th 2010, 6:08 pm

hows the tensioner springs? to much load and not enough tension on the belt would cause it to pop..
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

got a belt problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: got a belt problem   got a belt problem EmptyDecember 14th 2010, 6:17 pm

The spring seems OK. It may be getting weaker over the years. Im contemplating adding a second spring to help it......
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

got a belt problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: got a belt problem   got a belt problem EmptyDecember 14th 2010, 7:01 pm

i would... its probley the culprit.. cant really have to much tension on them type of drive systems..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

got a belt problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: got a belt problem   got a belt problem Empty

Back to top Go down

got a belt problem
Page 1 of 1