Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Making Extra Money On the Side

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
In2Trux
In2Trux

Making Extra Money On the Side Empty
PostSubject: Making Extra Money On the Side   Making Extra Money On the Side EmptyMarch 3rd 2010, 3:17 pm

I think this is you of those things I think about at least 5 or 6 times a day. If it's not sex, girls trucks or food, it's money.
So in order to get some of that, said mentioned stuff Very Happy you need a little extra money.

I'm looking specifically for ideas that can help people make an extra $100 or more a month in income. (Yes, we know it's easier to save that much than earn that much, but play along with me here.) I'm particularly interested in things YOU'VE done to earn a little money on the side, how much effort was involved and how much you made per hour.

I'd love to come up with at least 100 ideas.... can you help??
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Making Extra Money On the Side   Making Extra Money On the Side EmptyMarch 3rd 2010, 3:21 pm

I some time visit those penny stores, like Salvation Army store. We have a couple of them here. Another one is called Rebuilt Resources.

I shop for good stuff at reasonable prices. Then bring them home. Clean them up. Take some nice pictures of them then List them on Ebay or Kijiji.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Making Extra Money On the Side   Making Extra Money On the Side EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 9:21 am

i've done alot of the obvious things like shoveled snow in the winter, mowed lawns in the summer, raked leaves, etc..
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Making Extra Money On the Side   Making Extra Money On the Side EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 4:22 pm

I restore antique radios year round. Buy for $1-100 bucks, fix up, sell for $100-1K+ bucks. Epic win, in my book.

Usually, during very late winter/very early spring, I'll buy a row of pushmowers at an auction for ~ 100 or so. Fix em enough to get them running good (new spark plug, usually, sometimes a fuel line or carb. rebuild) and line em up outside for $40/mower.

Works darn well.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Making Extra Money On the Side   Making Extra Money On the Side EmptyMarch 10th 2010, 5:07 pm

Awesome thread Glenn, I was actually thinking of starting one myself.

Side jobs bring in the most money, but I also recycle bottle and cans, run scrap metal, haul cars, plus my full time job. Laughing
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Making Extra Money On the Side   Making Extra Money On the Side EmptyMarch 10th 2010, 10:28 pm

Thanks Rob.
I'm thinking on putting an ad in the paper to do some back yard spring cleaning. I'll haul those scrap cars out in the fields to scrap.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Making Extra Money On the Side   Making Extra Money On the Side EmptyMarch 10th 2010, 10:33 pm

i guess you could consider my hobby a side job since i make money off it. what was supposed to be my full time job is now just a side job cause i got a 2 year contract to remodel the nursing home my dad runs. so my shop building drag cars has turning into a car storage/weekend shop..
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Making Extra Money On the Side   Making Extra Money On the Side EmptyJuly 14th 2010, 7:09 pm

Bump.... Always good to get more ideas. cheers
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Making Extra Money On the Side   Making Extra Money On the Side EmptyJuly 14th 2010, 9:44 pm

Since I've moved away from the old neighborhood, I still go back and maintain some of the elderly peoples yards. Cut their grass, trim trees, rake and gardening.
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: Making Extra Money On the Side   Making Extra Money On the Side EmptyJuly 17th 2010, 1:29 pm

i just got them 2 new cars. im bout to start flippin them. once i get more money, and go to the auctions.

thats all i got at the moment. besides the usual 8-5 fer me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making Extra Money On the Side   Making Extra Money On the Side Empty

Back to top Go down

Making Extra Money On the Side
Page 1 of 1