Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

new toy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

new toy Empty
PostSubject: new toy   new toy EmptyFebruary 27th 2010, 4:36 pm

this is kinda mine, is a Losi Speed T Brushless 1/0 scale 2wd stadium truck for anyone that cares. i got some pics of it. go it for free, kinda. i looked up everything that is with it, retail on the car is $549, at least 200 for the lithium battery packs plus another 100 for the charger, and about 100 for the regular battery packs. it does about 60. got some pics of it

new toy Losispeedt005

new toy Losispeedt006

new toy Losispeedt004

new toy Losispeedt001

new toy Losispeedt003

new toy Losispeedt007

new toy Losispeedt008
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

new toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: new toy   new toy EmptyFebruary 27th 2010, 10:48 pm

just added pics. enjoy
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

new toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: new toy   new toy EmptyFebruary 27th 2010, 10:58 pm

Very nice Eric
Your gonna have a blast with that thing
Cool I have the very same batteries and charger for my E Flite helicopters
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

new toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: new toy   new toy EmptyFebruary 28th 2010, 9:37 am

how do you charge the batteries? right now i have the aligator clips connected to one of the marine batteries in the garage charging because it didnt come with the DC plug for it. you wouldnt happen to have any extra ones by any chance, do you?
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

new toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: new toy   new toy EmptyFebruary 28th 2010, 10:00 am

I have both. I have the AC adapter and a couple of the alligator harnesses.
Sorry bud, if I had an extra AC adapter I'd give it to ya.

If you decide to go find a cheap you at the Future Shop or The Source or Radio Shack?
It has to have an output of 12VDC @ 3A That's what mine says.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

new toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: new toy   new toy EmptyFebruary 28th 2010, 1:47 pm

Holy crap! An 11.1V battery pack!?!? I had a similar one with a 9.6V on it and that flew! I cant imagine how fast that is.
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

new toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: new toy   new toy EmptyFebruary 28th 2010, 5:34 pm

well, apparently it was too fast. i am so screwed, because i dont know what went wrong. charged up one of the lith packs on a battery, i was running it, really fast, does about 60, and i saw some smoke. i thought it might have been the tires or some san so it was driving, i heard a pop. so i ran over to it, by this time it was smoking pretty good. the battery pack exploded and caught on fire, frying the entire circuit board and electrical system, plus the 110 dollar battery pack. its going to take more than 200 bucks to fix it right now, the guy who kinda gave it to me is going to be pissed.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

new toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: new toy   new toy EmptyFebruary 28th 2010, 5:49 pm

Ok, dumb question. Was the car designed to take a 11.1V? Or was it a 7.2V car and you put in the bigger battery?
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

new toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: new toy   new toy EmptyFebruary 28th 2010, 7:58 pm

i used the battery the guy gave me with the car, which i also ofered from Losi. but i didntknow it couldnt handle it or else i wouldnt have used it, but i guess the only thing i can do now is search for parts now. i ran it on saturday night and it was just fone with the 11.1 batteries, i guess toda something went wrong. i got it narrowed down to one of 2 things that culd be wrong. either the battery just got too hot because the cooling fan mafunctioned, or an exposed wire touched something it shouldnt have an fried the circuit board. i did a little exam on the car and i found that both positive and negative wires to the cooling fan were stripped from the rubber covering and it may have touched a piece of mtal, bcause the switch has metal on it, and im thinking when it hit a bump on the road the switch touched one of those 2 wires and ignited. the car caught on fire because of the battery, which is now siting on my driveway exploded, but it has to be something, i just need t find a new circuit board, servo, and cooling fan assembly because they are all fried. im not sure about thmotor yet, but since it is a brushless electric motor, it is very expensive so i am hoping that that isnt gone as well.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

new toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: new toy   new toy EmptyFebruary 28th 2010, 8:13 pm

Lithium Batteries are dangerous. They heat up considerable during the charging process and they can get hot when they are discharged quickly.

Before using them they need a cool down period.
It's OK to charge them while they are still worm.

If the battery was fine when you put it in the car, and it was huge when you took it out?? That sounds just like you said. The car suffered a short during the drive. Good thing it didn't explode in your and face.
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

new toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: new toy   new toy EmptyMarch 1st 2010, 6:22 am

well, thats the thing. i unplugged the battery and it was cool, not even the slightest bit of warm. i found the part i needed for 150 bucks from a hobby shop online, actually my dad found it. but ill put in the new circuit board, cooling fan assembly and new motor already connected and we'll see what happens. right now im out a 110 dollar battery and a brushless motor with electronics.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

new toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: new toy   new toy EmptyMarch 1st 2010, 7:59 am

I'm really glad your Dad was able to find you a deal. I really hope this works out for ya.
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

new toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: new toy   new toy EmptyMarch 1st 2010, 11:48 am

darn. i aint even got money to fix my truck! good luck with this man.
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

new toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: new toy   new toy EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 6:05 am

well, i managed to fix it last night, my dad bought the new ESC which came with the brushless motor and switch, also came with the programmer for the ESC that hooks into a usb drive on a computar. i set it up so that it will run a maximum power of 9.0 volts off the battery, thats the safe battery voltage cutoff so it doesnt catch fire again. everything works again, only im out about 180 more bucks because i didnt buy a new battery.

onto my next project, rebuilding my firestorm. i have to rebuild this motor and pretty much rewire the whole darn thing. but heres an old pic of it

new toy Picture

new toy Picture

please note it looks alot better now that the front end isnt just hanging there like you see in the pictures, this was right after it hit a mailbox post doing 50mph, and i had to spend over 100 bucks to rebuild the front end. now i gotta take the whole thing apart so i can rewire it and hopefully get a new servo.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

new toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: new toy   new toy EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 8:12 am

Start out slow man. Get familiar with it, get the feel for how it handles. And you'll have less accidents and crashes. I still have 2 for sale, Savage 25 and a Thunder Tiger.
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

new toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: new toy   new toy EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 2:03 pm

how much are you selling the savage for? pm me some pics and stuff about it, i always wanted one.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

new toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: new toy   new toy EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 3:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new toy Empty
PostSubject: Re: new toy   new toy Empty

Back to top Go down

new toy
Page 1 of 1