Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

anybody got air horns?

Go down 
+3
007jimmy
batty1214
johnboggs21
7 posters
AuthorMessage
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

anybody got air horns? Empty
PostSubject: anybody got air horns?   anybody got air horns? EmptyFebruary 22nd 2010, 5:50 pm

got some for my truck and was wonderin if anyone else had em. I think ill just put a small tank on the truck somewhere (under the hood maybe) like one of those portable air tanks and either just refill it occasionally or put one of those small on demand pumps on there.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: anybody got air horns?   anybody got air horns? EmptyFebruary 22nd 2010, 9:39 pm

Had them on the Mazda.... Its kinda fun.....but the air supply is a little tough..... you could just use an air tank and refill it when you loose juice....
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: anybody got air horns?   anybody got air horns? EmptyFebruary 22nd 2010, 9:50 pm

thats what i was kinda thinkin. would be simple enough. yall got any idea on how to fix pitting in chrome?
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: anybody got air horns?   anybody got air horns? EmptyFebruary 22nd 2010, 10:14 pm

i have a little one on the red truck.. i plan on getting train horns for it and my jimmy.. the question becomes were to mount them on the red truck. its so low to the gound that i know ill hit them cause they are huge.. the jimmy is getting them right under the hood mounted were my battery and ecu use to be.. then the tank and compressor are going to be tucked up near my rear bumper were my charcoal canister use to be.. lol.. as far as pitting chrome there isnt much you can do besides tryin to buff it out. or sand it down and give it that nice brushed aluminum look..
Back to top Go down
semocoachworks
Valued Member
Valued Member
semocoachworks

PostSubject: Re: anybody got air horns?   anybody got air horns? EmptyFebruary 22nd 2010, 11:41 pm

LOL, check this out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbKvHzCUKBA
I see the horns as a awesome addition to any ride.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: anybody got air horns?   anybody got air horns? EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 12:38 am

HaHaHa awesome video
You can pick up those Train Horns at most Big Rig dealerships. They are a combination of 3 air horns put together. A lil over a hundred bucks
Back to top Go down
squeeky
squeeky

PostSubject: Re: anybody got air horns?   anybody got air horns? EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 10:08 am

My train horns with a small tank will only get 1 good hit out of it. I would suggest either getting a bigger tank or go with a compressor. I had a big tank on mine and would just refill it when I needed to. I could get quite abit of sound offs before I had to refill it.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: anybody got air horns?   anybody got air horns? EmptyFebruary 24th 2010, 6:32 pm

pics:
anybody got air horns? Airhorns2

anybody got air horns? Airhorns
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: anybody got air horns?   anybody got air horns? EmptyFebruary 24th 2010, 6:36 pm

think i can get those re-chromed?
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: anybody got air horns?   anybody got air horns? EmptyFebruary 24th 2010, 11:24 pm

SURE !!! You can get those re-chromed but I'm sure it would be cheaper to get a new set of horns.
A set of three horns. Are $129.00 here.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: anybody got air horns?   anybody got air horns? EmptyFebruary 25th 2010, 12:41 am

stuff something soft down the center and paint them black or something for now.. i wouldnt worry about the chrome to much.. take care of the rest of your body work first... lol
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: anybody got air horns?   anybody got air horns? EmptyFebruary 25th 2010, 8:44 am

Wow, that is really pitted...

Try some Turtle Wax Chrome Polish first, see how much that helps. It won't too a lot for the pitting, but it'll shine the rest of it up nicely.

Rechroming is expensive. A quote to rechrome both bumpers and grille on my Continental is close to $1,300.00 plus shipping both ways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anybody got air horns?   anybody got air horns? Empty

Back to top Go down

anybody got air horns?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Off-Topic :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: