Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed

Go down 
+3
1993GMCSierra
79_bronco
merlin5577
7 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed Empty
PostSubject: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 3rd 2010, 11:40 am

WASHINGTON – Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood is telling owners of recalled Toyotas to stop driving the vehicles and get them fixed.

LaHood's warning came Wednesday in testimony before a House Appropriations subcommittee on transportation. LaHood says his advice to owners is to "stop driving it. Take it to a Toyota dealer because they believe they have a fix for it."

Toyota's most recent recall in the United States affects 2.3 million vehicles with the potential for sticking gas pedals.

LaHood told reporters earlier in the day that Toyota owners should contact their dealer immediately and "exercise caution until repairs can be made."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100203/ap_on_bi_ge/us_toyota_recall
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 3rd 2010, 4:17 pm

merlin5577 wrote:
"stop driving it. Take it to a Toyota dealer because they believe they have a fix for it."

HELLO!!!!!! do they expect everyone to call a tow truck?!
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 3rd 2010, 4:26 pm

One doctor did. And is suing for lost wages.

I'm not making that up. I'll try to find the article.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 3rd 2010, 10:59 pm

from what i saw on the news.. it looks like the pedal is getting stuck on the carpet? please tell me that's not true.. please lmao
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 4th 2010, 12:02 am

In some vehicles, yes. In the rest, no.

But yes, it is the flooormat in some cases. :rolleyes:

Amazing how much we can devolve in 50 years.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 4th 2010, 12:39 am

lmao wooooow.. and it's not us devolving.. it's the japs design! but i have an easy fix for the 1's that are getting stuck on the floor mats.. TAKE THEM OUT.. they suck anyway
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 4th 2010, 2:40 pm

79_bronco wrote:
from what i saw on the news.. it looks like the pedal is getting stuck on the carpet? please tell me that's not true.. please lmao

How can they get stuck on the carpet?? They put velcro on the backside or somethin?? LOL
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 4th 2010, 4:03 pm

Edmund's .com take on the throttle sticking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u689wvjIxts
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 4th 2010, 4:10 pm

hey it happens in american cars as well. my aunt brought me her cavilier cause she couldnt get it to go past 25mph.. she said it seemed like the gas pedal wasnt going down all the way.. after about 2 hours of trying to figure it out under the hood i went to take the floormat out and it was wedged under the gas pedal and all chewed up.. lol.. i just called her and laughed..
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 4th 2010, 4:16 pm

HaHaHa That happened to my motherinlaw's Neon. She didn't seem to think there was anything wrong. She drives THAT SLOW. but when I got in it.... WHat a PAIL ... It just wouldn't go... No matter how hard I kicked it.. But by the time I got to the end of the street, I reached down and yanked that Ball of floor mat and tossed it into the back seat. Then I could put it to the floor. (still wouldn't go, it"s still a Neon)
She thinks I toned it up LOL

Last edited by In2Trux on February 5th 2010, 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 5th 2010, 12:20 am

now it's going to blow a head gasket hahahah
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 5th 2010, 8:03 am

For real, lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 5th 2010, 9:26 pm

dodge's failure of a motor design landed 43 neons in the junkyard i go to.. all but 1 or 2 has 'blown head gasket' written on the roof in yellow paint marker lol
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 6th 2010, 9:32 am

With out getting too far off topic My mother inlaw did have to pay to have a new head gasket put in her Neon after the first year she owned it. It a 1998

I like to consider myself handy, mechanical inclined Hell, we broke the throttle spring on my big 87 Chevy Kodiak, when we were bring it home from down south.
Didn't want to leave the truck on the side of the road in the middle of no where.

All the truck wanted to do was SCREAM WIDE OPEN. So I started shiftin gears LOL
WE went like hell down the highway until I cot up to traffic.
Left it in gear and turned the key off.... coasted a bit to fall behind, then turned the key back on, fired.. and went like hell again.
Drove it with the key for about a half an hr to the next town. Magivered a bungy cord for a throttle spring and got home.

POINT OF THE STORE .... I still wouldn't drive a recalled Toyota simply because I don't know what's wrong with it. Is it floor mats? Sticky throttle mechanism? or faulty electronic throttle positioning? I don't know.. but even driving it with the key is dangerous in city limits and simply because you take the chance of a exhaust back fire or throttle body back fire, causing damage.
So No I wouldn't drive one.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 6th 2010, 5:11 pm

i wonder if they're having the pedal problem with the X-runner tacos
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 7th 2010, 12:50 pm

79_bronco wrote:
i wonder if they're having the pedal problem with the X-runner tacos

No. The Tacoma is not part of the recall.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 7th 2010, 2:37 pm

thank god.. i would cry if i saw 1 wrecked
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 7th 2010, 9:50 pm

i wouldnt drive one even if it worked perfectly.. lol
Back to top Go down
stealthdawg09
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 7th 2010, 10:41 pm

I second what Joe said Laughing
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 7th 2010, 11:08 pm

Third, lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed EmptyFebruary 7th 2010, 11:59 pm

shut up joe, you know you'd love to have a bagged taco in your driveway lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed   Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't drive recalled Toyotas til fixed
Page 1 of 1