Your Truck Source

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Share | 

installing headers on a '85 4X4 GMC

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lone_Wolf

PostSubject: Re: installing headers on a '85 4X4 GMC   January 5th 2010, 7:23 pm

i will get some pictures tomorrow
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: installing headers on a '85 4X4 GMC   January 5th 2010, 7:42 pm

cheers We love pictures!

================================================
-Robert.
My Fleet;

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 2.0L 6A
2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT 2.4L 6A
2003 Chevrolet Silverado LS 6.6L 5A
1997 GMC Suburban SLT 5.7L 4A

"If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

New Idea
Back to top Go down
Lone_Wolf

PostSubject: Re: installing headers on a '85 4X4 GMC   January 8th 2010, 12:04 am

sorry guys no pics yet, tomorrow i get to pull the transfer case out of it, it took a crap today, was going to rebuild it, but was reading some on it, and i think its a little above my head, ill probably have someone do it, jeez not looking forward to that cold concrete floor, i have no heat in that garage, but it needs done
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: installing headers on a '85 4X4 GMC   January 8th 2010, 12:15 am

Put down a large piece of cardboard. It will keep you off the cold floor, and absorbe any spilt fluid.

================================================
-Robert.
My Fleet;

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 2.0L 6A
2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT 2.4L 6A
2003 Chevrolet Silverado LS 6.6L 5A
1997 GMC Suburban SLT 5.7L 4A

"If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

New Idea
Back to top Go down
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: installing headers on a '85 4X4 GMC   January 8th 2010, 1:18 am

transfer cases arent to hard.. its just a chain, a couple gears and a fork to more one of the gears back and forth.. i learned how to rebuild them on a newer one with electronics so it isnt to hard...
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: installing headers on a '85 4X4 GMC   January 11th 2010, 10:00 am

Wha kind of case is it? I could easily walk you through a tear down and rebuild...
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: installing headers on a '85 4X4 GMC   January 12th 2010, 1:50 am

007jimmy wrote:
bout the pest pics i have of my headers.. they need to be replaced with some shorties.. lol

Looks nice Jimmy, but it kind of turned my stomach to see the NEverstart battery. Wassup with that??? I guess I oughta shut up. I have one of those too, but I didn't pay for mine. It happened to be in a truck I bought, and was no good as most of them aren't, but it was only 2 years old so I took it to Wally World and they gave me a new one. I will use it as long as its FREE, and not in my daily driver. Only good thing I can say about the NEverstarts, is Wally World normally doesn't give any grief for an exchange. Of course they are used to it, they exchange several a day.
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: installing headers on a '85 4X4 GMC   January 12th 2010, 1:54 am

Come on Lone, You can at least get us pics of the headers. I wanna see what they look like in the engine compartment. I am likley to go with headers in my 85 K10, when and if I ever get it going. Still acquring the parts and working out title issues.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: installing headers on a '85 4X4 GMC   January 12th 2010, 9:40 am

same thing... battery was in it when i got it and i havent had any issues yet... i like the duralast gold tops thought it seems lately the positive leads are striping out to easy on the side post ones.. could be just me though..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: installing headers on a '85 4X4 GMC   

Back to top Go down

installing headers on a '85 4X4 GMC
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2