Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

let me know what ya think

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bigz
bigz

let me know what ya think Empty
PostSubject: let me know what ya think   let me know what ya think EmptyDecember 15th 2009, 8:42 pm

I am looking at this truck, i dunno much about the value of the duramaxs. Some of you diesel gurus (merlin) check it out at this link and let me know what ya think http://www.chatommotorcompany.com/VehicleDetails/562133523 I know the guy who had it he was a older man and took care of it pretty good. i think the price is slightly steep but like i said i don't know
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: let me know what ya think   let me know what ya think EmptyDecember 15th 2009, 11:11 pm

Thats a nice truck, but its WAY overpriced. 14K tops is what its worth, closer to 12K if I was going to buy it. Have you driven it? How did the transmission shift? Any noises from the front end?
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: let me know what ya think   let me know what ya think EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 12:04 am

Esp. with that mileage...sheesh
Back to top Go down
bigz
bigz

PostSubject: Re: let me know what ya think   let me know what ya think EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 11:54 am

yeah the truck is in great shape and is mechanicly sound... but like i said its pricy to me
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: let me know what ya think   let me know what ya think EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 12:24 pm

The Duramax (like every diesel) is built to last, and I would be surprised if you didnt get 300K out of it without a problem, but what concerns me is its 5 years old with that many miles. It was driven... a lot... in a short time.
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: let me know what ya think   let me know what ya think EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 1:50 pm

That's what I was saying. That's a LOT of miles for a 2005.

I'm doubting the "little old man" story, all the older men I know do not drive THAT much. In fact, I've never known anyone personally who's driven ~38,000 a year.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: let me know what ya think   let me know what ya think EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 6:11 pm

My guess is it was used to pull a trailer, possibly commercially. Or the guy did a lot of camping lol
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: let me know what ya think   let me know what ya think EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 6:44 pm

Well, it's not the engine that would concern me, as much as the transmission.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: let me know what ya think   let me know what ya think EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 7:17 pm

i hear the allison trannys are supposed to be pretty good.......
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: let me know what ya think   let me know what ya think EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 7:20 pm

Oh that's right, these have Allisons.........still, though. Maintenance is key. Fluid changes should be done every 30K or so.
Back to top Go down
bigz
bigz

PostSubject: Re: let me know what ya think   let me know what ya think EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 9:10 pm

i actually know the little old man that had it lol or know who he is anyhow.. that is not alot of miles around here though.. when you live an hour from the closest wal mart or anything you drive alot.. i put 40k on my powerstroke in like 8 months.. my wife has put 15k on her car in 6 months... Anything under 100k miles around here is a low mileage vehicle lol i am also looking at a 2000 f350 lariat 4x4 with 7.3 liter powerstroke they want 12k for.. it books for 12500 the duramax actually books out for more than 20 thousand dollars private party value..
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: let me know what ya think   let me know what ya think EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 9:19 pm

Personally id go for the f350. Especially since its one of the newer ones with the legendary 7.3 PSD.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: let me know what ya think   let me know what ya think EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 9:20 pm

1993GMCSierra wrote:
Well, it's not the engine that would concern me, as much as the transmission.

i think you had the dodges in mind.........lol
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: let me know what ya think   let me know what ya think EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 9:35 pm

No transmission is entirely bulletproof. I've got a C6, which is about as bulletproof as you can get, and I still wouldn't stress it.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: let me know what ya think   let me know what ya think EmptyDecember 16th 2009, 11:14 pm

That has a 5 speed Allison 1000 transmission, about as close to bullitproof as a transmission can come. Its a nice truck Bigz, but I still think the price is high.
Back to top Go down
bigz
bigz

PostSubject: Re: let me know what ya think   let me know what ya think EmptyDecember 17th 2009, 10:13 pm

i agree its more than i want to pay.. i forgot to mention the legendary 7.3 has 240k miles on it lol
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: let me know what ya think   let me know what ya think EmptyDecember 18th 2009, 12:28 am

If the 7.3L has 240K on it, skip it. Those are tough motors, but your getting to the end of its service life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: let me know what ya think   let me know what ya think Empty

Back to top Go down

let me know what ya think
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Trucks :: General motors-
Jump to: