Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Mazda's Last Forever

Go down 
+11
batty1214
GMCTRUCKS
79_bronco
FaselZ71
f150dailydragger
johnboggs21
1993GMCSierra
007jimmy
Jared Olson for SO IL
merlin5577
Trucker_Eric
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
GMCTRUCKS
GMCTRUCKS

Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 19th 2009, 6:35 pm

Eric my sons friend has a little Ram truck well he welded up the spider gears and that thing can go where some big 4x4 can't go I was impressed.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 20th 2009, 8:41 pm

GMCTRUCKS wrote:
Eric my sons friend has a little Ram truck well he welded up the spider gears and that thing can go where some big 4x4 can't go I was impressed.

How good does it steer?
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 20th 2009, 9:31 pm

i blew up the bb in my old 78 ford my junior year, and bought a 85 b2000..... it was basically the same truck as you have, just a little smaller motor....... it had 284,000 when i bought it, and i drove it for a year, during which i was t-boned, and the insurance totaled it..... i bought it back from them, and drove it another 6 months till the registration went bad..... i then found a 77 ford courier pickup, which is the same as the b2000..... motor mounted in without a hitch..... i pulled it out of the mazda with 315,000 on the engine, put it in the courier, and its now got about 340,000 on the motor, but the tranny went.... now it makes a good ornament at the ranch, till i find another 5 speed.... believe it or not, i used to feed cows with that little truck, driving through 2 foot of snow....
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 20th 2009, 9:37 pm

oh, and mazda and the ford couriers were the same trucks in the late 70's, early 80's, as the rangers were a fullsize package truck..... the ford dealer here in utah told me that ford bought mazda trucks sometime in the 70's......... thats why you will find some early mazda trucks, and some early ford small trucks to be the same.
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 20th 2009, 10:23 pm

i love the mazda, i gotta put more power steering flyuid in it though, looks like it was a little low today, so i gotta do that and i have to covert the a system over ince its the old system and i have to make it so it will be the new kind, im not sure, i think its r12 right now, if thats what they used for that and im not sure what the actual name of it is but i know they dont sell my ac recharge anymore, so i have to convert it. was looking through the engine cmprtment today, i have a few things that need done, cap, rotor, plugs and wires, i ned a new valve cover gasket sine it leaks oil there, um... the coil is good on it, i also need to d sme ront end parts, the strut bushings need done so it is a little tighter in the front, can actually feel the sway in the front at higher speeds, i mihgt need new struts and i need to do the rear air shocks, i think the thing yo fill themup with, th little adapter piece where the air hose goes on its broken which is why they dont hold air. the clutch is going to need replaced in about 2k miles if that, it slips but not too bad

other than those few issues, the truck is a diamond in the rough, with a littl bit of work i am sure i will get it up to 400k miles, lol.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 20th 2009, 10:52 pm

yeah, it was probably the r 12, which was freon, and apparently, it ate the ozone, and gave babies 3 heads...... the new is r134a, im pretty sure its a deal that you just have the ac system evacuated, then have it vacummed, then recharged, that is if you dont have leaks......
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 21st 2009, 12:21 am

welding the spider gears is just a poor man's spool.. it should never be done in my opinion, ESPECIALLY in the back, unless you like snapping axles on the street lol
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 21st 2009, 6:29 am

well, im keeping the truck until it dies hopefully, i love it and i love driving it, esepcially the looks people give me when the tires sqweak a lil bit when i pop the clutch, fun fun fun. but im going to be a senior next year and my school we have to do senior projects, and im doing mine for my auto shop class, thinking about getting one of these to restore if i can find one cheap.

Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 !Bh0n06g!mk~$(KGrHqQH-EIEsLrs3t3RBLLCFK8jBg~~_12
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 21st 2009, 7:51 pm

that's the first time i've seen a chevy that body style lifted.. they look better bagged and tubbed lol
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 21st 2009, 7:55 pm

definitly with ya there chris.. lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 21st 2009, 7:57 pm

that's the first time i've seen a chevy that body style lifted.. they look better bagged and tubbed lol
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 21st 2009, 7:59 pm

did you mean to echo.. lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 21st 2009, 8:03 pm

stupid phone made me double post lol
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 21st 2009, 8:23 pm

you wont find a 4x4 in that body style that cheap
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 21st 2009, 8:27 pm

i like them lifted like hat but i am not hatin the dropped look, my buddy has one on 67-72 trucks forum, texan idiot, well, hes not really my bud, but i know him

Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 Custom-chevrolet-c-chrome-illusion-0
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 21st 2009, 8:31 pm

i don't think those years were available with factory 4x4.. joe is the c10 buff, he'd know before i would.. i'm just a ford guy lol
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 21st 2009, 8:55 pm

im lookin at my neighbors 65 small window c10. he wants 800 for it.. the body dont look bad but i know for a fact there in alot of bondo on it.. im not ready for that project yet and he isnt really tryin to sell it.. i think im the only one that knows about it.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 21st 2009, 9:28 pm

i'm sure if there were c10 parts anywhere for cheap, you'd be the 1 to find em.. unless you needed them LOL
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 21st 2009, 9:39 pm

ooh trust me.. parts arent the problem.. i can get them for darn near free.. its shipping that kills the deal.. lol. least for big parts like floors and body panels.. filler panels i get for about 5 bucks a peice for the common areas..
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 21st 2009, 9:54 pm

i wish i could hide my s10 out of site and find a chevelle to restore.. i need to stop buying trucks lol now i'm stuck with another project truck instead
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 21st 2009, 10:23 pm

you could give me both of them. lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 22nd 2009, 12:34 am

i'll never part with the s10 now and you won't take the other for 2 reasons.. 1- it's a ford and 2- it'll be my new daily once i find 38's or 39.5's
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 22nd 2009, 2:28 pm

daily driver with 39's?! thats insane, and it is going to kill ur mileage
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 22nd 2009, 2:35 pm

mileage, what mileage? i have none to begin with.. lol the rears have 4.23's or some oddball gears in them so the tires will turn with no problem.. the motor i'm dropping in (as we speak) is going to kill the mileage.. i'll sacrifice gas mileage for power any day
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 EmptyDecember 22nd 2009, 2:42 pm

well, to me its alot, i get about 35-40 mpg in my mazda, which when you have no money, mileage is a very good thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mazda's Last Forever   Mazda's Last Forever - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mazda's Last Forever
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Off-Topic :: Pride and Joy-
Jump to: