Your Truck Source

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Share | 

On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 1st 2009, 10:38 pm

Jared Olson for SO IL wrote:
Do u have the head light covers? I think big cars are jus awesome. Long wheel base for cruisin. Things ride smooth.

Well, the headlights are supposed to be hidden. They are operated off a vacuum. When vacuum is applied, the doors roll around and close. when vacuum is released, they open. Well, as the car sits for extended periods of time ,the vacuum bleeds off, and the doors slowly open, and look like they do in the pics.

Bronco, it's hard to explain. First off, as far as cars go, size always means comfort. Both in interior room, and on the road. I like to be comfortable when I drive. A Town Car can aid me in that, a Civic cannot. Then again, they have different target groups. Also, the size means style, elegance, and it gives a presence. Large cars do not "blend" in with everything sitting in traffic. They make themselves known. In America, size has always been perceived as how nice a vehicle was. Also, they are very safe. If this car hit my truck, or even my newer Lincoln, they wouldn't make it home. This car, on the other hand, would still be quite drivable. There is also more room to work on things, which can be so nice. I can go on, but the bottom line is.......

These large cars are elegant. they have a design that is so dated, yet so timeless. Never again will cars like this be made, and they stand out, due to that fact. I don't look at driving as a chore. I enjoy it. And in order to do something you enjoy, you have to be physically comfortable doing it. And, in my eyes (and my butt and back will agree) in order to be comfortable, you need a vehicle that is comfortable on the inside, and rides comfortably as well. This gets the job done, and then some. When I drive, I don't like to sit on seats. I prefer to sit in them.

I don't see why people like 4x4 lifted mud trucks. I honestly don't. but I don't criticise them for it. We all like what we like.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 1st 2009, 10:41 pm

I WANNA SEE IT CLEANED UP!!!!!
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 1st 2009, 10:43 pm

Patience, young one. It's been raining here, and, even though I've been working on it in the rain, you shouldn't use A. Electronics to clean with, or B, wax in the rain, so it's taking time. Luckily, it's big enough inside, I can close the doors and work my way around the inside.
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 1st 2009, 10:48 pm

Look at it this way, if you ever lose your house you can live in your car!
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 1st 2009, 10:54 pm

Bingo. Laughing
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 1st 2009, 10:57 pm

1993GMCSierra wrote:
I don't see why people like 4x4 lifted mud trucks. I honestly don't. but I don't criticise them for it. We all like what we like.

you must have never gone wheelin lol.. you would understand fully why we lift our trucks and spend hundreds of dollars per tire.. mud is fun, no doubt

now as for what you said about your reasoning for your taste for these big cars, i have to say i'm 200% opposite.. i will sacrifice comfort for speed any day. to an extent, i like to be comfortable, but it's not nearly important to me as the acceleration and speed of the cars i build. i would rather have a miata with a 572 stuffed between the fenders than a luxury car, but that's just my taste.. as well as your taste for the giant cars of yesteryear.. i do agree on 1 thing though.. HONDAS ARE JUNK lol
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 1st 2009, 11:04 pm

I agree with the Hondas, those eggs on wheels suck!
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 1st 2009, 11:04 pm

Me too!!!

And Will as for you question of 4x4's it's somewhat along the same lines as yourself though just alittle... twisted I guess you can say. Now I don't critique you for your love of the old lead sleds but when you drive a car you like to be comfy and you like to have style and you like to turn heads. Us 4x4ers we like to feel like we are on top of the world we like to ride in style and we like to turn heads now whether you backside is different from mine or not I don't know but my lumber wagon doesn't affect my back or butt anymore then sitting in the chair I'm in right now. And the comfort level that the civic doesn't give you is matched with the level of ground clearance that the civic doesn't give us... When you say your car may be fast but mine's comfortable I say your car may be fast but mine can go anywhere! Also with jacked up 4x4's come jacked up drivetrains and personally nothing make's me smile more then knowing I have xxx number of horses under my right foot just beggin to be unleashed... And trucks maynot have elagance but you cannot deny that lifted trucks have a style and a class of their own.

It's hard to explain I guess it's just written inside of use all... Same thing as you saying you like blonda haired blue eyed ladys but I like brunette hair and green eyes where maybe chris likes the red heads... It's just the way we are we all share one common interest though we our vehicals and that's what matters right!

Now whether you ride low and slow while the little rice powered cars cruise past I for one absolutely love blowing the doors off those little patty cars with my big 4x4. Either way lke I said before whether your into bikes cars trucks tractors or semis it's not the vehical I really look at it's the passion that goes into them that I look at... Real vehical's aren't bought they're built. Built on blood sweat tears and heart and alittle bit of coin. And you don't veiw driving as a chore nor do I enjoy driving just as must as the other guy and I don't like blending in either sitting in traffic in my lifted truck I'm seen from quite aways away

Last edited by FaselZ71 on December 1st 2009, 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 1st 2009, 11:09 pm

Well that takes care of what I was thinkin!
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 1st 2009, 11:12 pm

lol Glad I'm not alone...
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 1st 2009, 11:15 pm

Your'e not, my truck aint the purtiest, but i love it the same.
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 1st 2009, 11:21 pm

I've been mudding before, but I just don't see the point. I'm not a city slicker, I was born in raised on a large farm in a small town, and lived there until 2005. I've pulled enough enough tractors, grain truck, and combines out of the mud to hate it, I guess. Don't get me wrong, I don't disapprove of anyone jacking up their truck and mudding it, it's just not my thing. I get in my cars, drive them, and treat 'em to a wash after. Don;t underestimate that Continental now Wink

It may have a 2.73 rear end, but once you get it up to speed, accelerating isn't a problem. It came with a 460 for a reason Wink

Granted, I'll probably always have a need for a truck. As long as I'm collecting radios, I certainly will. It's just nice to have a Sunday car or two Very Happy

Besides, blame my 4th grade teacher Mrs. Jewett. She started it Laughing

Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 1st 2009, 11:33 pm

lmao he blames his teacher hahahahah.. i blame mine too, for my NATEF certs. he pushed and pushed and pushed us all until we took the tests.. rat (bad word that starts with a b and ends in d) Shocked

i'm not knocking your taste in vehicles either, we're all in the same boat.. we like what me like and we pour our heart and soul into said designated vehicle.. my brain hurts now after using fancy words.. so this post is over lol
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 1st 2009, 11:35 pm

haha Nice... And I don't disapprove either it's just our things... BTW how's the radio collection looking?
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 2nd 2009, 5:33 pm

Now whether you ride low and slow while the little rice powered cars cruise past I for one absolutely love blowing the doors off those little patty cars with my big 4x4. Either way lke I said before whether your into bikes cars trucks tractors or semis it's not the vehical I really look at it's the passion that goes into them that I look at... Real vehical's aren't bought they're built. Built on blood sweat tears and heart and alittle bit of coin. And you don't veiw driving as a chore nor do I enjoy driving just as must as the other guy and I don't like blending in either sitting in traffic in my lifted truck I'm seen from quite aways away[/quote]

That beautiful lol!
Back to top Go down
stealthdawg09
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 2nd 2009, 10:14 pm

Its good that people like diffrent types of cars and trucks. If everyone drove only one type things would start getting a little boring.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 2nd 2009, 11:56 pm

things would be boring period lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 3rd 2009, 2:29 am

and i think my lack of want/need of comfort comes from squeezing into these.. they are a very far cry from your plush, comfy seats and enormously spacious interior.. lol

Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 3rd 2009, 12:24 pm

When I first got my license, all I ate, slept, dreamed, and did was fast cars. Back then I used to run around in a 1993 Pontiac Trans Am. I would fly around in that car and race anyone. As I got older, and tired of cramming my butt into that cramped car, all I wanted was a big powerful boat. My first was a 1991 Cadillac Seville, then a 1992 Buick Roadmaster. As I got older my focused turned to vehicles that could do just about anything. So, I bought my Silverado. As great as the truck is, its still a regular cab, so I bought my Suburban. I love them both. I can tow, haul, go anywhere, carry my friends, and they always start. I understand everyone's point of view. But no matter what, I will always have a truck. You just cant beat them.

================================================
-Robert.
My Fleet;

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 2.0L 6A
2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT 2.4L 6A
2003 Chevrolet Silverado LS 6.6L 5A
1997 GMC Suburban SLT 5.7L 4A

"If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

New Idea
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 3rd 2009, 5:40 pm

Just an update: (perhaps I should start a restoration thread?) Well, this probably isn't the place for that. Sad

Today, I waxed it...

First, I clay barred the entire car, then applied Liquid Glass. The result wasn't as good as I hoped, but it was still fair. Unfortunately, the paint on the hood and trunk are fairly thin, so the buffing motion basically thinned it out to the point you can see metal underneath, kinda. the hood especially. Helped the sides out a lot, made them slick as glass, although they aren't as shiny as I'd like. Then again, The Continentals didn't receive clear coat over the paint until 1978. Then, I waxed it. It helped the trunk some, hood was a total loss, didn't even bother waxing it (it wasn't helping) and it brightened up the sides as well.

Bottom line is, the car will still need a complete exterior repaint, however, it doesn't look *too* bad. I mean, it is what it is, but it has some shine left. I may have to sand down the hood and primer it, just to prevent any possible rust from forming.

I also grinded down the rust on the trunk lid. I removed the chrome strip, and it wasn't that bad underneath. No holes, or thinning metal, mainly surface rust. Still some minor pitting, but it's smooth to the touch.

Then, I Meguiared (NOT Armor-Alled, seriously bad for plastics!) the entire inside, which really revitalized the dash. The top is pliable, not fragile like it was before, and it really shined up the door panels and everything. I didn't know the green could get any brighter Shocked

As soon as I detail the interior completely, and shine up the tires, then you'll see pics.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 3rd 2009, 6:41 pm

Sounds like a productive day. By all means let us see a restoration thread......even if its not a truck, im sure theirs a place for it on here somewhere.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 3rd 2009, 7:31 pm

yeah.. start a resto thread, that way you can document all your steps and post up pictures of any and all progress until you get to that distant place called the finish line lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 3rd 2009, 7:32 pm

merlin5577 wrote:
But no matter what, I will always have a truck. You just cant beat them.

i think everyone here will agree with that statement! with a car, your options are limited.. with a truck, the possibilities are unlimited
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 4th 2009, 7:20 am

Feeling slightly ashamed ATM..... Ordered a pair of 4" Leopard Skin Fuzzy Dice for the car...

BUT...then I changed my mind! Good right?

Then I saw these....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3068/2661044343_5117b4d0ed.jpg?v=0

At least they match! Embarassed Razz Embarassed Razz Embarassed scratch afro
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   December 4th 2009, 8:15 am

dios mio..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,   

Back to top Go down

On A Cold Rainy Day In Late November,
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next