Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :(

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :( Empty
PostSubject: Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :(   Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :( EmptyNovember 12th 2009, 9:45 am

As some may know, since yesterday AM, we've gotten over 6" of rain here. Well, I was on my way to school this morning, and I was behind this woman (a teacher at my school, nonetheless) driving her Explorer, when, suddenly, she slams on brakes, and swerves, and, apparently her SUV is capable of stopping MUCH faster than my truck, so, I slam on brakes, which, effectively locks all 4 tires. At this point, even though all four wheels are locked, I'm keeping it straight....then, the right rear tire hits the water, and the rear end spins out. I do a complete 360 in the road, the front of my truck slams into the ditch on the opposite side, bounces up, then the rear slams into the ditch, and then the passengers side settles in/on top of the ditch, on the opposite side of the road I was on. All of this happened in ~ 6 seconds. She kept going. It's still driveable, so far this is the damage:

Broken Grille
Ripped off License Plate Holder
Broken lower plastic trim piece
Ruined Alignment (haven't checked for damaged components, it's still raining)
Frame (may be bent slightly in the center. It's sitting different now.)

Lovely.

Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :( 11-10-09009 Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :( 11-10-09010 Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :( 11-10-09011
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :(   Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :( EmptyNovember 12th 2009, 9:57 am

Could be a bent frame but on a 2500 I'm gonna guess it's more along the lines for a thrashed body mount especailly if they've never been replaced it could've just pulled the rubber bushing thru the hole alittle bit... Sorry to hear about your accident man that's terrible! Although you know what they say right... A vehical only endures one major accident in it's lifetime so you should bein the clear now!!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :(   Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :( EmptyNovember 12th 2009, 12:27 pm

You got lucky William, it could have been a lot worse. Just glad your ok.
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :(   Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :( EmptyNovember 12th 2009, 2:31 pm

Oh absolutely, I'm surprised it didn't flip. Still wished I could have found the grille piece though. Sad
Back to top Go down
Defiance665

Defiance665

PostSubject: Re: Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :(   Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :( EmptyNovember 12th 2009, 3:44 pm

did you scream at the teacher? I would of, I dont care if its a teacher or not...
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :(   Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :( EmptyNovember 12th 2009, 6:12 pm

We got it put of the ditch, I went home. The Athletic Director (one of the trucks pulling me out) told me to go home, wash up, and relax. So, I did. If we have school tomorrow, it'll be interesting.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :(   Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :( EmptyNovember 12th 2009, 9:20 pm

Does your 1500 have ABS?
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :(   Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :( EmptyNovember 12th 2009, 9:20 pm

Rear wheel, yes.

If the 2500 had it, this whole mess would have been avoided. Actually, if the dumb ***** didn't slam on brakes like there was a brick wall in front of her, none of this would have happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :(   Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :( Empty

Back to top Go down

Old Red + Wet Roads + No ABS = Accident :(
Page 1 of 1