Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

holley giving away free carbs!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
semocoachworks
Valued Member
Valued Member
semocoachworks

holley giving away free carbs! Empty
PostSubject: holley giving away free carbs!   holley giving away free carbs! EmptyNovember 3rd 2009, 11:29 pm

Hello all. Been really busy trying to get a site in Gillette Wyoming squared away. Just a bit of info: I had a holley 84507-s that i bought in 2006 that has always ran fine up until a few weeks ago. I took it apart, rebuilt it, put in new floats and gaskets and it would run fine for a hour or so then start running like crap. Took it apart to check the floats as this model is not center hung float style. Found some silver metallic flakes in the bowl. Cleaned it up and went through the same thing again. Called Ricky on the tech line because I was at the end of my rope. I told him my issues and about the flakes I found in the bowl and he asked for the build date which was 3316 on mine. That is the 331st day of 2006. He said if I would send it to him in Bowling Green KY, he would send me a new one. They have a recall on the silver plated holleys with a certain date code. This kind of service is why I keep going back to holley. If you have an old holley laying around with the zinc/silver finish, it might be advantageous to call up holley tech and see if it is covered. Just thought I would pass this along.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: holley giving away free carbs!   holley giving away free carbs! EmptyNovember 3rd 2009, 11:48 pm

Thanks for the FYI Semo. Good to here some companies still care about customer service.
Back to top Go down
semocoachworks
Valued Member
Valued Member
semocoachworks

PostSubject: Re: holley giving away free carbs!   holley giving away free carbs! EmptyNovember 3rd 2009, 11:55 pm

Yeah, i couldnt believe after almost 4 years they would send out a new carb!
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: holley giving away free carbs!   holley giving away free carbs! EmptyNovember 4th 2009, 9:36 am

That is a cool deal!! Although I've always steered c;ear of holley they have good CS!

I'm a TBI guy though but thanks for the heads up!
Back to top Go down
semocoachworks
Valued Member
Valued Member
semocoachworks

PostSubject: Re: holley giving away free carbs!   holley giving away free carbs! EmptyNovember 4th 2009, 8:31 pm

No problem. Never hurts to take advantage of good product backing.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: holley giving away free carbs!   holley giving away free carbs! EmptyNovember 5th 2009, 12:21 am

i have holleys gallor around so ill see what i can come up with and keep you posted
Back to top Go down
semocoachworks
Valued Member
Valued Member
semocoachworks

PostSubject: Re: holley giving away free carbs!   holley giving away free carbs! EmptyNovember 5th 2009, 8:58 am

I would definately check any zinc plated ones, they seem to be the problems due to the ethanol in the gas eating at the lead in the plating.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: holley giving away free carbs!   holley giving away free carbs! EmptyNovember 5th 2009, 10:04 am

Rite on that's iteresting to know!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: holley giving away free carbs!   holley giving away free carbs! Empty

Back to top Go down

holley giving away free carbs!
Page 1 of 1