Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Suggestions on how to improve the site.

Go down 
+2
FaselZ71
merlin5577
6 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Suggestions on how to improve the site. Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions on how to improve the site.   Suggestions on how to improve the site. EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 6:44 pm

As the site has gotten older and we have grown, we are always looking for ways to improve the site for all members. If anyone has any ideas on how to improve the site, or bring in new members, feel free to post it, or PM a moderator. Your help is greatly appreciated. We have also found that word of mouth is the best way to bring in new members, so if everyone can spread the word, that would be awesome! Thanks guys & girls!
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to improve the site.   Suggestions on how to improve the site. EmptyOctober 26th 2009, 7:20 pm

Well I've been thinking... We did the samething with T4L we had stickers made and Jr. made a youtube vid!!

Now that my $$$ situation is getting better I'd buy stickers and stuff for sure... Also the video would get our name out there... I'm not sure if you've seen them or not but people often post videos of their auto problems on youtube for people to comment answers on... If we could lure people in that way then that would help out!

Just my $.02 for now...
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to improve the site.   Suggestions on how to improve the site. EmptyOctober 27th 2009, 9:13 pm

How about clickable links in the chatbox??
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to improve the site.   Suggestions on how to improve the site. EmptyOctober 27th 2009, 9:21 pm

you have to make then clickable by putting a code in before and after the link... [url/]....link....[url] i think.. lol
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to improve the site.   Suggestions on how to improve the site. EmptyOctober 27th 2009, 9:22 pm

aaah ic. ill have to try it.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to improve the site.   Suggestions on how to improve the site. EmptyOctober 28th 2009, 12:35 pm

I appreciate everyones input so far, if anyone has anything else to add, please share.

Fasel, We are limited with what we can do without Junior here, but thanks for the ideas. I appreciate the input, and when he returns we will definately put that into play.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to improve the site.   Suggestions on how to improve the site. EmptyOctober 28th 2009, 6:53 pm

007jimmy wrote:
you have to make then clickable by putting a code in before and after the link... [url/]....link....[url] i think.. lol

tryed it and it was no good. unless i did it wrong. lol!
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to improve the site.   Suggestions on how to improve the site. EmptyOctober 28th 2009, 10:45 pm

FaselZ71 wrote:
Well I've been thinking... We did the samething with T4L we had stickers made and Jr. made a youtube vid!!

Now that my $$$ situation is getting better I'd buy stickers and stuff for sure... Also the video would get our name out there... I'm not sure if you've seen them or not but people often post videos of their auto problems on youtube for people to comment answers on... If we could lure people in that way then that would help out!

Just my $.02 for now...

Hey Fasel
I'm always messing around on youtube, but I can't say I have seen anything like what your talking about, or anything on youtube that invited me to a particular forum.
Would you have an example or a link to what you mean?

Your idea sounds interesting. Youtube could provide some good exposure.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to improve the site.   Suggestions on how to improve the site. EmptyOctober 29th 2009, 3:30 pm

this is junior(our administrator), me, and jr ex-girlfriend.. the begining credits use to read trucks4life and all but no its just momma smerf productions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK_uajCM96I
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to improve the site.   Suggestions on how to improve the site. EmptyOctober 31st 2009, 2:40 pm

In2Trux wrote:

Hey Fasel
I'm always messing around on youtube, but I can't say I have seen anything like what your talking about, or anything on youtube that invited me to a particular forum.
Would you have an example or a link to what you mean?

Your idea sounds interesting. Youtube could provide some good exposure.

Here's a couple I came ascross the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqXeM5Gqfwc

This one was pointless but the man clearly had a problem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sqfwA2L_Q8

This one the guy was wondering what was making his car smoke so bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwKioBlfW3w

I could keep going but these are just a few!
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to improve the site.   Suggestions on how to improve the site. EmptyOctober 31st 2009, 2:51 pm

I was expecting to get invited to a forum on each of those videos. I didn't see a banner or any kind of an invite.

How would something like those videos help promote this site? I'm not quite understanding it yet. Sorry man
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to improve the site.   Suggestions on how to improve the site. EmptyNovember 1st 2009, 5:02 pm

In2Trux wrote:
I was expecting to get invited to a forum on each of those videos. I didn't see a banner or any kind of an invite.

How would something like those videos help promote this site? I'm not quite understanding it yet. Sorry man

No they post videos so people like us can see what their troubles are!
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to improve the site.   Suggestions on how to improve the site. EmptyNovember 18th 2009, 12:30 pm

007jimmy wrote:

You have that backwards.... it is [url] [/url] with the link in the middle.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to improve the site.   Suggestions on how to improve the site. EmptyNovember 18th 2009, 12:35 pm

FaselZ71 wrote:

Just my $.02 for now...

Now that this site is a lot more stable then the last one, and is obviously growing, I can work on a "AD" video for youtube. Since the gallery is not working, I will need every member on here who WANTS their truck featured in this video to either email me a link to an offsite that has a collection of them, like photobucket or myspace etc, or email me the pics you want me to use. PLEASE DO NOT POST THEM IN THIS THREAD.... I will have a harder time organizing them, and differentiating them.... so if y'all want me to do that, please either PM me here, or email me at junior3382@hotmail.com, putting your SN from this site in the subject so I know not to delete the email...lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to improve the site.   Suggestions on how to improve the site. Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions on how to improve the site.
Page 1 of 1